Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adam Hložek - signed for Hoffenheim

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

We have one fit striker and he’s played about 20 minutes in pre season. 
How many batterings do we have to take before you come to your senses?

More batterings than the 0 we've currently had.

Also that one fit striker cost £6m and is a young player with loads of potential - exactly the sort of profile our fans seem desperate for. He should be supported, not left to play in a toxic atmosphere.

As I said, we have problems. I'd just rather enjoy football and support my club than act like a petulant child about not signing somebody a Twitter 'journalist' randomly linked us to because they're good on Fifa.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

We do have the most pathetic fan base in the country.

All this whining after winning the league and adding five players who were top flight regulars last season (Okoli, Decordova and Buononatte, as well as the returning Soumare and Kristiansen), as well as adding two great young talents (Fatawu and England youth captain Golding).

Appreciate we've got problems going into the new season but the amount of toys going out of the pram is embarrassing.

Although I know your response to what I'm going to say is bound to "it's only pre season" the toys being thrown out of the pram are being done so because of how we've looked in our games so far under Cooper.

We have created very, very little and have looked extremely poor going forward. Couple that with that fact that we only have 1 fit striker and for once I can see why the reaction of many can be forgiven. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Although I know your response to what I'm going to say is bound to "it's only pre season" the toys being thrown out of the pram are being done so because of how we've looked in our games so far under Cooper.

We have created very, very little and have looked extremely poor going forward. Couple that with that fact that we only have 1 fit striker and for once I can see why the reaction of many can be forgiven. 

It’s only pre season

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

More batterings than the 0 we've currently had.

Also that one fit striker cost £6m and is a young player with loads of potential - exactly the sort of profile our fans seem desperate for. He should be supported, not left to play in a toxic atmosphere.

As I said, we have problems. I'd just rather enjoy football and support my club than act like a petulant child about not signing somebody a Twitter 'journalist' randomly linked us to because they're good on Fifa.

Well I do hope you enjoy the football!!!!

12 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

We won the league last season... 

Subjective.

I think it's a good thing that we've lost unmotivated and/or old players and added 5 who played regular top flight football last season (Buononatte, Decordova, Okoli, Soumare and Kristiansen) and 2 exciting young talents (Fatawu and Golding).

I get people being underwhelmed (and I certainly hope we do some more business before the window closes), but the reaction of many seems disproportionate.

God it must be amazing to be that naive 😍 I envy you ..id be happy for them to change my mind but ive seen enough in my opinion victor & soumare aren't good enough and golding's playing in the u21's. 

30 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Subjective.

I think it's a good thing that we've lost unmotivated and/or old players and added 5 who played regular top flight football last season (Buononatte, Decordova, Okoli, Soumare and Kristiansen) and 2 exciting young talents (Fatawu and Golding).

I get people being underwhelmed (and I certainly hope we do some more business before the window closes), but the reaction of many seems disproportionate.

You lost me at Soumare - surely you don't see that as being a positive in any way, shape or form? He doesn't want to be here and he's lazy, certainly not what we need for another relegation scrap. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Subjective.

Yes, Okoli played reg top flight football last season, and was relegated. Soumare and VK are, in YOUR own words "dross." Golding has played a handful of senior minutes and two of the other players you mentioned play the same position so won't be on the field at the same time...

It doesn't matter how you look at it, our starting 11 are worse than they were last season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Yes, Okoli played reg top flight football last season, and was relegated. Soumare and VK are, in YOUR own words "dross." Golding has played a handful of senior minutes and two of the other players you mentioned play the same position so won't be on the field at the same time...

It doesn't matter how you look at it, our starting 11 are worse than they were last season. 

On paper yes, but we aren't replaying lest season are we? 

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

On paper yes, but we aren't replaying lest season are we? 

No - we’re playing in a much tougher division with a weaker starting 11. Fortunately we have a couple of weeks to change that. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

For now he is but he’s just a kid 

could develop quickly 

He started for u21s so won’t be in first team squad Monday, Alves was absent there though, so may well be. We clearly just doing Chelsea favours with PSR by taking him, hopefully he’ll be handy next year in the championship though. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

No - we’re playing in a much tougher division with a weaker starting 11. Fortunately we have a couple of weeks to change that. 

The point was that we are not playing with last seasons performances, it is a new season where individual performance levels are as yet unknown, some may have breakout seasons, some maybe be diabolical who were good last season. (I am trying to be positive here...)

1 hour ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Subjective.

You lost me when you said its a good thing we've lost unmotivated players and then proceed to name one of the most unmotivated players to ever play for us, Soumare, as a 'positive, addition. lol

Buononatte looks good in fairness, Kristiansen is a bomb scare, Fatawu isn't really an 'addition' from last season and Golding you'll probably only see if you go an watch the development team.

I've seen the Royal Caribbean turn quicker than Okoli so I don't hold much hope there.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Subjective.

Thanks JR 👍

2 hours ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Subjective.

Yet our manager, style and team are all worse than last year... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Subjective.

"lost unmotivated players and added Soumare"... you can't be serious? he doesn't want to be here and either doesn't have the tactical nouse or the willingness to play any role that isn't the one he played for Lille

16 hours ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

We do have the most pathetic fan base in the country.

All this whining after winning the league and adding five players who were top flight regulars last season (Okoli, Decordova and Buononatte, as well as the returning Soumare and Kristiansen), as well as adding two great young talents (Fatawu and England youth captain Golding).

Appreciate we've got problems going into the new season but the amount of toys going out of the pram is embarrassing.

This is why bald spots don’t have a mouth.