Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adam Hložek - signed for Hoffenheim

3 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

I've been buzzing about this signing all day & only now realized I've been thinking he's Patrick Schick. 

Never seen Hlozek play

He’s quality….. may have fallen off lately, but he’s quality…..

25 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

So we are allowed 2 domestic loans and 6 overseas loans.

I believe this is already in place the July 25 date was the expiry deadline.

Article from last year

“That practice was curbed by tough new rules on signing overseas prospects which were introduced by the Home Office and agreed with the Football Association and Premier League in the wake of Britain’s vote to leave the European Union.

Recent changes to those rules, which allow clubs to sign up to four players on a so-called GBE exemption, will make it easier for Premier League teams to compete with their continental peers for the best young stars.

But Chelsea, City and other well-resourced sides are more likely to reserve their GBE exemptions for first-team players rather than speculative acquisitions, says Hateem Ali, immigration partner at JMW Solicitors in London. 

“The various changes that are now taking effect will in all likelihood require Premier League clubs to alter their loan strategies,” Ali, who has worked with Premier League players and clubs, told City A.M.

“Bigger clubs like Manchester City and Chelsea who, over previous seasons have acquired talent and then immediately loaned them out to overseas clubs (even though the player never had a realistic chance of making a first team appearance) will find it even more difficult to continue with this financial model. 

“They are likely to use their four GBE exemptions only for players who will have a realistic prospect of being involved in the first team. So, the option to buy a player and loan them out abroad becomes less attractive.”

How Fifa loan rule changes will affect Premier League teams

Also affecting the loan market this summer is a further reduction in the number of players clubs may bring in and send out on temporary moves. 

From July, teams may only have a maximum of seven players loaned in and seven loaned out at one time – down from eight last season. It will fall to six next summer, although under-21s and club-trained players are exempt.

As well as restricting player hoarding, it may also make clubs who have leveraged the loan market extensively, such as Nottingham Forest, more selective about their signings.

“The combined impact of new GBE rules together with the reduction of loans in and out from eight to seven will be significant for Premier League clubs,” Ali added.

“Clubs that have traditionally relied upon loans from overseas to make a direct impact will now have to think carefully, as the difference between a good loan or a bad loan can sometimes be the difference between avoiding relegation or achieving a European place – the loan of Keylor Navas to Nottingham Forest from Paris Saint-Germain in the January transfer window being a primary example of this.”

Edited by HankMarvin

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

I've been buzzing about this signing all day & only now realized I've been thinking he's Patrick Schick. 

Never seen Hlozek play

I know it means nothing, but the scouts they use for the FIFA games have had him as a future star for about 3 years. (Not saying that he's going to rip the league apart, but he's the potential to be a long term solution to our forward problems).

Big, strong, fast, very highly thought of.

Edited by ts_1010
Spelling

1 minute ago, RedSoxUK said:

If Zaha is a done deal then would suggest Hlozek is instead of Asprilla to play as a 10 behind the striker.

Obviously could be an option upfront but I don't see it.

Eh? Do you live in a box? We’re not signing Asprilla, we’ve signed the chap from Brighton to play as a ten, and Hlozek will play as a striker…..

18 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Eh? Do you live in a box? We’re not signing Asprilla, we’ve signed the chap from Brighton to play as a ten, and Hlozek will play as a striker…..

And Wilf will play everywhere.

• Haha 1

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

I’d genuinely at this point laugh if it fell down at personal terms 

If he looks at this forum’s miserable bastards he will run a mile, and then tear an ACL because of Seagrave. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Waste of money, why have we not gone for the proven Sammie Szmodics……..

Waste of money also 

Touch worrying that we haven't agreed personal terms yet. Normally they're agreed quite quickly.

Hopefully it can get agreed tonight or tomorrow to give him a few training sessions before Spurs.