Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adam Hložek - signed for Hoffenheim

31 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Is this a...good signing?

On sensible terms?

What next?

Is he a good signing? Once Ric is finished in the Bathroom, he will doubtless elaborate.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

He's mustard mate, next Pele.

image.png.89c713a72647162c0c999fb9069a10a8.png

Yeah but, as I say they think (and I'm not saying they know everything) that he has a high potential score. 85. Which would make him better than most PL strikers. Toney is only an 80 on those scores btw.

They get that sort of notion from talking to scouts and youth team managers across Europe. What I was getting at, is that he has been widely regarded as a hot prospect for years.

Realistically, we are looking at this fella and Zaha aren't we? 

I'm good with that. I think between the pair it gives us depth at RW/LW/CAM and FW. With both going straight into our starting 11 SOMEWHERE. Just have to wait and see how everyone fits in. 

3 minutes ago, RyCleary said:

@Ric Flair would you rather this guy or the Greek?

Hmmmmmmm that's actually a difficult one as I rate Fotis extremely highly and he's got more bloody mindedness to score goals and drive his team forward. Hlozek has the power and brains to link play very fluidly and in an ideal world we get both and we're suddenly extremely dangerous at the top end of the pitch.

If I had to pick one though I'd go Hlozek as long as Zaha and another CM come in too as we'll need to create a system of on-runners on the counter for Hlozek to cause havoc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

colosseum or a car park....an architectural marvel

image.png.8a253ac1a20efbc6ad2bf6bfe7fac286.png

Non ironic comment. I'm evangelical about keeping this building. 

In 20-30 years Lee Circle and the Abbey Street car park (with hotel) will be tourist attractions. 

The only difference between tat and antique is time. The only difference between art and scribble  is admiration. 

• Like 4

Not overly excited about this one. But beggars can’t be choosers and  beggars we are.

(and the deal structure is very kind to us)

Burst onto the scene at 16 at sparta prague - got a big move to Leverkusen and hasn’t really progressed from what i’ve seen. (happy to be proved wrong)

Pretty sure he came off the bench a few times for Czech Republic at the euros.

Then again if it keeps Daka off the pitch - Bring him in.

Edited by nathan lavery

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

2 years ago he was quite possibly in the top 3 biggest prospects in Europe from outside the top 5 European leagues.

It's not gone hugely well for him at Leverkusen and part of that is he's been left behind in a side that has shot the lights out. Is that a concern? It certainly shouldn't be ignored, it's a league that favours creative forwards like Hlozek over pace merchants like the Prem and yet it's just not worked for him.

I think them doing so well has also made him gettable for a modest fee, which to me makes this such a tempting deal.

Ability wise, he has everything none of our other strikers have had in recent years, including Vardy. He's powerful, his 1st touch is excellent, he carries the ball well, he holds it up and links play. He can take players on, he can finish, he has the technical ability our forward line isn't overly blessed with.

Curiously I could see him being ideal behind Daka in a carefully put together system, that's the sort of creative forward Daka thrives alongside, like he did at Salzburg.

Can he be the 9 on his own? He can if we deploy 2-3 runners around him such as Zaha/Mavididi/Fatawu. I could see that working extremely well.

giphy.gif.762381e8a1327bca9dfdfb442bf37b1b.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nathan lavery said:

Not overly excited about this one. But beggars can’t be choosers and  beggars we are.

(and the deal structure is very kind to us)

Burst onto the scene at 16 at sparta prague - got a big move to Leverkusen and hasn’t really progressed from what i’ve seen. (happy to be proved wrong)

Pretty sure he came off the bench a few times for Czech Republic at the euros.

Then again if it keeps Daka off the pitch - Bring him in.

Should be excited. He has got all of the ingredients to be sensational…. Big, powerful, fast and good technique to boot. I just don’t think Alonso saw him suiting Bayerns system, so he didn’t really bother to use him. To be honest, we’ve no business signing a player of this quality in our current position. If Cooper can get him firing, he will be an absolute beast. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Should be excited. He has got all of the ingredients to be sensational…. Big, powerful, fast and good technique to boot. I just don’t think Alonso saw him suiting Bayerns system, so he didn’t really bother to use him. To be honest, we’ve no business signing a player of this quality in our current position. If Cooper can get him firing, he will be an absolute beast. 

With it being a loan it's worth the risk tbh

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

With it being a loan it's worth the risk tbh

Absolutely. I have faith that Cooper can get him going, his management style should suit him. It’s a massive opportunity for Hlozek too. 

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Hope you’re right mate 🤞🤞

Sounds like a good deal.

If we stay up, then chances are he's done well. We then buy a decent PL player for £17m and we kick on with him in the side or some dozy richer club (Chelsea) come in and we make a tidy profit.

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Absolutely. I have faith that Cooper can get him going, his management style should suit him. It’s a massive opportunity for Hlozek too. 

Hopefully I have my reservations regarding Coopers man management but let's see.

This reminds me of Iheanacho. 

The numbers look great, however can he replicate that over 30+ games playing from the start in a higher standard league.  

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Non ironic comment. I'm evangelical about keeping this building. 

In 20-30 years Lee Circle and the Abbey Street car park (with hotel) will be tourist attractions. 

The only difference between tat and antique is time. The only difference between art and scribble  is admiration. 

First ever multi storey car park outside London.