Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adam Hložek - signed for Hoffenheim

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He might not have been of course - but I'm not talking about this in isolation. People's frustrations are how ill prepared we are and now we're panicking at the last minute in reaction to the game ln Saturday.

We've literally had more time to prepare than every single club in the Premier league. Its a total mess and this is yet another example of it.

I don't disagree on that at all, just taking this one in isolation. We're a mess 100%, but they do appear to at least be trying to retreive us from the gutter with a few signings.

Very few prem teams are ready for their first game. United will line up with Maguire and Evans in defence on Friday night because they only just got De Ligt in.

Also it could be worse... we could be 3 games in and having this conversation on deadline day lol 

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Also it could be worse... we could be 3 games in and having this conversation on deadline day lol 

Oh....we will! People talking about missing out on Zaha to get Hlozek and this Fotis fella....it'll be Ayew and Skipp :D

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Define quickly. We found out a few days ago, I'm sure the club would rather nobody knew about it. 

Signing/s in ahead of the Spurs game so they can contribute. This is not happening now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Signing/s in ahead of the Spurs game so they can contribute. This is not happening now.

If he were to sign today, he'd be registered and on the bench surely? Not beyond the realms of possibility tbh. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, indierich06 said:

If he were to sign today, he'd be registered and on the bench surely? Not beyond the realms of possibility tbh. 

Possibly, but with no time to adjust to our system, he may well not even be considered.

Surely people understand that with our financial situation we are simply putting the feelers out right now. Most of our transfer business will be done on deadline day once the merry go round has started to settle and deals start to be made.

I reckon Deadline Day will be a very busy one for all teams, especially us.

Its frustrating as im sure we would love to have all our business done before the season starts but i don't think we have that luxury.

Just now, MGLCFC said:

Possibly, but with no time to adjust to our system, he may well not even be considered.

Stick him on the bench, bring him on second half. All he really needs is a sense of positioning, it's not rocket science. People worry too much about coaching these days, if players are good enough they can generally play in most systems pretty easily. I don't think Coop is running with the same level of tactical complexity as Maresca either.

1 minute ago, indierich06 said:

Stick him on the bench, bring him on second half. All he really needs is a sense of positioning, it's not rocket science. People worry too much about coaching these days, if players are good enough they can generally play in most systems pretty easily. I don't think Coop is running with the same level of tactical complexity as Maresca either.

It's a lot to ask a 20 year old to come on when we are 3 - 0 down at half time and make an impact. 

6 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Happy clapper or bed wetter no different 

it isn’t about the 3 day, it’s about everything the club has done this summer and over the last 12 months. 

- massive price hikes for season and match day tickets 

- the charge for having the card

- fox membership 

- charging £10 for friendlies 

- appointing Cooper 

- our slow and scattergun approach to player recruitment

-  our inability or refusal to do deals to move on players deemed surplus to requirements - the ongoing PSR issues and potential points deduction 

- the lack of transparency and communication from the club 

- the lack of changes following the internal review of last season 

- the new kit sponsor 

The list goes on and on, that is how I feel, we were apparently on the verge of appointing Potter and then it turned out to be Cooper, then Soule, Zaha etc I can see a pattern forming. 

if people still believe in this regime and believe that they are the correct group to take the club forward then fair enough, that is your opinion however I am at my absolute wits end with it all, this was an opportunity to further reset, use our promotion to bring in young hungry players and push on. 

oh and people defending the club about the time it takes to do deals etc etc, look

at Rutters move from Leeds to Brighton, played last night, yet Brighton have agreed fee and verbal agreement on move with player, which will be finalised today. That is how a well run club operate with a Director of Football who is fit for purpose. The lack of high end football management and experience is so clear to see. 

Lots of good stuff (but the Rutter thing is very fanciful - as we have no idea what been happening behind the scenes, its just less visible.)

Lots of the complaints seem to target the club holistically and yes would love to see a proper DoF, a footballing guy with experience and responsible for maintaining a clear identity, which would likely feel like it would help the club.

In the case of this transfer, should it be completed in the next two days, it is not slow.

• Like 1

Link us to a load of exciting names, fail to get any over the line for a variety of vague reasons, we all panic, bring in Ayew on transfer deadline day, we wake up the next day happy. Genius!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Surely people understand that with our financial situation we are simply putting the feelers out right now. Most of our transfer business will be done on deadline day once the merry go round has started to settle and deals start to be made.

I reckon Deadline Day will be a very busy one for all teams, especially us.

Its frustrating as im sure we would love to have all our business done before the season starts but i don't think we have that luxury.

How many of those players will want to come here after we’ve been stuffed in our first two games ?

19 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Happy clapper or bed wetter no different 

it isn’t about the 3 day, it’s about everything the club has done this summer and over the last 12 months. 

- massive price hikes for season and match day tickets 

- the charge for having the card

- fox membership 

- charging £10 for friendlies 

- appointing Cooper 

- our slow and scattergun approach to player recruitment

-  our inability or refusal to do deals to move on players deemed surplus to requirements - the ongoing PSR issues and potential points deduction 

- the lack of transparency and communication from the club 

- the lack of changes following the internal review of last season 

- the new kit sponsor 

The list goes on and on, that is how I feel, we were apparently on the verge of appointing Potter and then it turned out to be Cooper, then Soule, Zaha etc I can see a pattern forming. 

if people still believe in this regime and believe that they are the correct group to take the club forward then fair enough, that is your opinion however I am at my absolute wits end with it all, this was an opportunity to further reset, use our promotion to bring in young hungry players and push on. 

oh and people defending the club about the time it takes to do deals etc etc, look

at Rutters move from Leeds to Brighton, played last night, yet Brighton have agreed fee and verbal agreement on move with player, which will be finalised today. That is how a well run club operate with a Director of Football who is fit for purpose. The lack of high end football management and experience is so clear to see. 

That's being extremely generous imo

Just now, Bluetintedspecs said:

FoxesTalk at its best , this fella and Zaha strongly linked , a few days ago, and quite a few are wanking furiously like Safari Park chimps, delays or rumours surface things might not happen and they're banging on car windows and trying to tear the wipers off. Calm the fck down! 😂 

Is it only safari park chimps that behave in this fashion ? 

Tbf, I like the analogy 

one wonders why this has slowed if Romano is correct about the inter club negs 

would be good to get the kid in ahead of the weekend  so he can be in and amongst our matchday routines 

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's conflating two things, though: this signing taking a long time (which it's clearly not) and our inability (whatever the reason) to get players in before the start of the season. 

Just now, Babylon said:

That's conflating two things, though: this signing taking a long time (which it's clearly not) and our inability (whatever the reason) to get players in before the start of the season. 

Surely our inability to get players in for the start of the season is very linked to how long it takes to sign players.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I can tell you the reason but you won't agree with it and will just make excuses for them

• Like 3