Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adam Hložek - signed for Hoffenheim

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Started just under half of the games he has played in for Leverkusen since he joined and looks to still have done pretty well

22/23:

44 appearances - 24 starts

1,998 minutes played - 22.2 90s

7 goals and 6 assists

Goal contribution every 154 minutes

23/24:

36 appearances - 11 starts

1,011 minutes played - 11.2 90s

7 goals and 5 assists

Goal contribution every 84 minutes

Total:

80 appearances - 35 starts

3,009 minutes played - 33.4 90s

14 goals and 11 assists

Goal contribution every 120 minutes

Majority of his appearances have been as a striker:

IMG_9718.jpeg

I’d take his striker stats this season. 35 games 9 goals 7 assists be a good return. 

So, guesses for Fulham (assuming Spurs too soon) something like 

Mads

Ricardo, Faes, Okoli, JJ

Ndidi, Winks 

Fatawu, BDCR*, Hlozek

Ioannidis 

*absolutely wouldn't be my choice. Would much rather Hlozek sat behind Ioannidis and Mavididi on the right but Cooper seems to have a hard on for Reid. 

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Am I missing something? 2 goals for the bundesliga champions last season. 

Someone please tell explain the excitement lol 

You're not missing something, and I think those of us on the forum need to understand this.

The excitement would be that this is a player with huge potential and a high ceiling. I believe he was considered the best ever palyer to come through the Sparta Prague academy and was expected to become a top talent at a big European club, hence the big move to Leverkusen. In one season he had 15 goals from 19 appearances. However, he did not live up to the billing and lacked confidence. Anyone expecting this guy to come in and hit the ground running is in for a shock.

However, if you look at him as a young talent with high potential that we could develop, he absolutely fits that mould. That's why we are signing him, if he doesn't hit the heights this season, I think it's likely he does after a few seasons.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Only 2 in the squad, seems pointless having more than two loans with that rule. 

Buonanotte doesn't count I don't believe, due to his age and the amount of time he's spent in the UK not being more than 3 years 

• Like 4

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

You're not missing something, and I think those of us on the forum need to understand this.

The excitement would be that this is a player with huge potential and a high ceiling. I believe he was considered the best ever palyer to come through the Sparta Prague academy and was expected to become a top talent at a big European club, hence the big move to Leverkusen. However, he did not live up to the billing and lacked confidence. Anyone expecting this guy to come in and hit the ground running is in for a shock.

However, if you look at him as a young talent with high potential that we could develop, he absolutely fits that mould. That's why we are signing him, if he doesn't hit the heights this season, I think it's likely he does after a few seasons.

I'd say it's reasonably fair to compare his career trajectory more to someone like Youri Tielemans than - yknow - Oliver Skipp or something though. 

He clearly has a lot of talent but he came through at a VERY young age in a pub team for a club that are very strong in his own country. 

Then all of a sudden he's at a big club in Europe in a much bigger league with a lot of hype and expectation and has found it hard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mads

Ricardo, Faes, Okoli, JJ

Ndidi, Winks 

Fatawu, BDCR*, Hlozek

Ioannidis 

*absolutely wouldn't be my choice. Would much rather Hlozek sat behind Ioannidis and Mavididi on the right but Cooper seems to have a hard on for Reid. 

Only because he hasn’t got much alternative right now I feel lol I think Hlozek in behind Fotis and Mavididi in and you’re spot on.

6 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Only 2 in the squad, seems pointless having more than two loans with that rule. 

Don't the rules state that the restrictions do not apply if the player is under the age of 21, or are home grown?

Edited by Blodge96
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Zaha, Ioannidis, Hlozek.

Martyn Glover clearly just gets his targets from the ‘Who do you want for next season in the PL’ thread. 

I mean it's not like football scouting is rocket science is it. Makes me laugh sometimes how people hold some chief scouts/head of recruitments in such high regard.

Just some blokes who love watching football and are reasonably into data.

We've got loads of them on here!

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Tbf I don’t think anyone suggested Zaha! But otherwise it seems it’s @Ric Flair’s suggestions. Hopefully don’t end like Tete or we are ****ed 

I said last Thursday that I wouldn’t be surprised if Zaha gets linked, a day later, boom!

Ioannidis been recommended numerous times...boom! 

Hlozek been recommended numerous times...boom! 

Glover clearly just reads Foxestalk. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'd say it's reasonably fair to compare his career trajectory more to someone like Youri Tielemans than - yknow - Oliver Skipp or something though. 

He clearly has a lot of talent but he came through at a VERY young age in a pub team for a club that are very strong in his own country. 

Then all of a sudden he's at a big club in Europe in a much bigger league with a lot of hype and expectation and has found it hard. 

Good comparison I would think

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Started just under half of the games he has played in for Leverkusen since he joined and looks to still have done pretty well

22/23:

44 appearances - 24 starts

1,998 minutes played - 22.2 90s

7 goals and 6 assists

Goal contribution every 154 minutes

23/24:

36 appearances - 11 starts

1,011 minutes played - 11.2 90s

7 goals and 5 assists

Goal contribution every 84 minutes

Total:

80 appearances - 35 starts

3,009 minutes played - 33.4 90s

14 goals and 11 assists

Goal contribution every 120 minutes

Majority of his appearances have been as a striker:

IMG_9718.jpeg

Slightly propped up though by his performance against lower level opposition in the DFB Pokal though 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aleksz said:

Only because he hasn’t got much alternative right now I feel lol I think Hlozek in behind Fotis and Mavididi in and you’re spot on.

Mavididi started on the bench against Lens and BDCR was in the 11.

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mads

Ricardo, Faes, Okoli, JJ

Ndidi, Winks 

Fatawu, BDCR*, Hlozek

Ioannidis 

i think Hlozek would play in the hole and BDCR on the wing.

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Never heard of him. But I’m desperate so I’ll take him 

Yep - the current transfer situation feels a bit like my youth. When I was stood in a night club at 1.50am having not pulled all night and dramatically lowering my standards by the second 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

I said last Thursday that I wouldn’t be surprised if Zaha gets linked, a day later, boom!

Ioannidis been recommended numerous times...boom! 

Hlozek been recommended numerous times...boom! 

Glover clearly just reads Foxestalk. 

Hasn't worked for Nanasi and Gronbaek ....boom!