Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adam Hložek - signed for Hoffenheim

16 hours ago, Scotch said:

No... it was REPORTED that an agreement between clubs was made on Monday. That means absolutely nothing. To use that and immediately jump to he's not convinced about joining us is a leap. 

I knew this was taking too long, takes a day to agree a contract if a player wants to join as Hoffenheim have shown.

• Like 2

I usually don’t get too carried away until someone like Percy comments. Close affiliations will have more concrete information. 

I’ve said before, I know a fairly low level agent, and they’ve told me that Fab gets paid by agents to help their clients. They will usually say “Leicester have shown some interest in my client, he wants to go somewhere else, but they haven’t shown enough serious interest yet”….. Romano will then tweet this, and it starts a bit of a war so to speak. 

The likely scenario is, we were interested, but it went no further than discussions of a potential deal. And Fab has sexed the scenario up to force a move through in the favour of the client.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I usually don’t get too carried away until someone like Percy comments. Close affiliations will have more concrete information. 

I’ve said before, I know a fairly low level agent, and they’ve told me that Fab gets paid by agents to help their clients. They will usually say “Leicester have shown some interest in my client, he wants to go somewhere else, but they haven’t shown enough serious interest yet”….. Romano will then tweet this, and it starts a bit of a war so to speak. 

The likely scenario is, we were interested, but it went no further than discussions of a potential deal. And Fab has sexed the scenario up to force a move through in the favour of the client.

The club should use its linked UK journos to quash these rumours. Therefore preventing us being used by agents & Fab this way. Then we can get on with our own business albeit we’re relying on Jon Rudkin to do any of that. 

2 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

The club should use its linked UK journos to quash these rumours. Therefore preventing us being used by agents & Fab this way. Then we can get on with our own business albeit we’re relying on Jon Rudkin to do any of that. 

Closest we get to this is a mockery journo or Tanner saying that we aren’t interested but it doesn’t often happen because we are usually v private about our dealings.  There are times when we want agents to spread rumours for our benefit - you can’t have your cake and eat it (though we look pretty emaciated at present) 

percy did report that we had bid for fotis and were speaking to gala about zaha. Did he get that from here or through contacts in Turkey/greece. Even if the latter, I would expect him to check with his club source as to whether they were garbage or had some veracity. 

percy made no comment on hlozek 

as fans, we simply have no idea but the club should not be offering a running commentary on any deals because that way we risk having them hijacked.  

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Closest we get to this is a mockery journo or Tanner saying that we aren’t interested but it doesn’t often happen because we are usually v private about our dealings.  There are times when we want agents to spread rumours for our benefit - you can’t have your cake and eat it (though we look pretty emaciated at present) 

percy did report that we had bid for fotis and were speaking to gala about zaha. Did he get that from here or through contacts in Turkey/greece. Even if the latter, I would expect him to check with his club source as to whether they were garbage or had some veracity. 

as fans, we simply have no idea but the club should not be offering a running commentary on any deals because that way we risk having them hijacked.  

I guess my point was if a deal has no relevance to Leicester or we’re not taking it further than it makes sense to avoid being used by agents in the media, as always seem to happen, stop them dead in the water. There doesn’t seem to be anything positive for the club to be a club that is used to pad out rumours.

Agents seem to be giving us the run around in general, whatever strategy the club is using it isn’t working. And I guess if change needs to happen one area you’d get better at is the relationship we (as a club) have we’ve the media. Doesn’t mean given a running commentary to fans - our club is far from being media savvy (amateur at best) and seem out of touch in general when it comes to its usage whether that’s communications with fans etc. 

40 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Again we need to go back to the Pearson method. Do your business quietly and get them in early.

That way their well used to the surroundings and teamates before the season begins.

I think the appeal of coming here, playing for a poorly run club and under Steve Cooper is putting people off, should never have appointed him.

Meanwhile Ipswich get Szmodics and Broja through the door within 48hours…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

I think the appeal of coming here, playing for a poorly run club and under Steve Cooper is putting people off, should never have appointed him.

Meanwhile Ipswich get Szmodics and Broja through the door within 48hours…

They are about to sign Kalvin Phillips too.

Just now, moore_94 said:

Has there been any reason, that maybe I've missed, about why it didn't materalise? Hoffenheim reported to have wanted him yesterday and now he's got a medical today. Why did it take us 5+ days to it inevitably fall through?

This one is a bit disappointing if it's true as he looked like an almost perfect option for us.

Good sources suggest we agreed the deal with Leverkusen, so what else are we supposed to do? Can't force the player to sign other than offer crazy wages...and most fans agree that doing that in the past has led to all sorts of problems.

I agree they should be sounding out agents before pursuing deals, but maybe we did? The player may well have fancied it until another team came in for him. We'll never know.

1 minute ago, James_lcfc said:

This one is a bit disappointing if it's true as he looked like an almost perfect option for us.

Good sources suggest we agreed the deal with Leverkusen, so what else are we supposed to do? Can't force the player to sign other than offer crazy wages...and most fans agree that doing that in the past has led to all sorts of problems.

I agree they should be sounding out agents before pursuing deals, but maybe we did? The player may well have fancied it until another team came in for him. We'll never know.

In order to get these players we need to offer them the money, we have a poor manager at this level no disrespect to Cooper. We are not going to get these players unless we offer them crazy wages, and we do need these type of players otherwise we are going down at this rate by February next year.

11 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

What else are we to do?…. Maybe not get Steve cooper in to start a project that no one believes in or wants to be part of. Positivity breeds positivity and IMO the appointment of Steve Cooper was a very negative, unimaginative and uninspiring start. The rest is following suit. 

Edited by DezFox

11 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Has there been any reason, that maybe I've missed, about why it didn't materalise? Hoffenheim reported to have wanted him yesterday and now he's got a medical today. Why did it take us 5+ days to it inevitably fall through?

It's all speculation but from the outside in, they wanted a permanent sale, he understandably didn't want to move here on a permanent deal when it's very likely we will be relegated.

Looked like we had the loan deal as agreed but he waited to see if a better offer came along.

We are just not an attractive option for the type of players we are targetting, if only we had a DOF that knew what they were doing and had a strategy in place 🤪

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

These things take a long time, as @Babylon has been telling us. Trust the club.

1 minute ago, Micky said:

Watch him be average. Genuinely.

It’s the risk you take. Hoffenheim have a good scouting network and regularly over perform for what they are as a club in terms of size. Krameric didn’t work here but he ended up Hoffenheim and he has been a success. 

This is one of those shrewd signing you make that may provide good value later on too. But we can’t attract the players even after agreeing with the selling club. Signs are ominous.