Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adam Hložek - signed for Hoffenheim

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd say it's reasonably fair to compare his career trajectory more to someone like Youri Tielemans than - yknow - Oliver Skipp or something though. 

He clearly has a lot of talent but he came through at a VERY young age in a pub team for a club that are very strong in his own country. 

Then all of a sudden he's at a big club in Europe in a much bigger league with a lot of hype and expectation and has found it hard. 

Yep bang on I fully agree with you on this. Classic case of making too big of a move too soon.

For the price we are paying, I think this is a good deal. I just don't expect to see that value come off right away. Look at James Maddison, he flattered to decieve for the first few seasons, before becoming the main man towards the end of his spell here.

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

Yep - the current transfer situation feels a bit like my youth. When I was stood in a night club at 1.50am having not pulled all night and dramatically lowering my standards by the second 

Who doesn’t love ‘10 to 2’ birds?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Only because he hasn’t got much alternative right now I feel lol I think Hlozek in behind Fotis and Mavididi in and you’re spot on.

I think Cooper will end up being worried about Spurs’ marauding fullbacks and play BDCR* as the more “defensively solid” option in that position.

I hope not… but it’s the sort of tactical choice managers make 

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Look at James Maddison, he flattered to decieve for the first few seasons, before becoming the main man towards the end of his spell here.

I mean, in complete fairness he had Claude Puel putting him on the left wing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From a Sparta Prague fan:

"This guy is a both technical and physical monster, it's mostly his mentality which is the problem.

And that's not even in a sense of not working hard enough or acting like an idiot but he tends to hide a lot from the big occasions and doesn't show up enough for the ball. He tends to shy away from responsibility.

It's always been the issue back at Sparta when we played in Europe or derbies against Slavia/Plzeň and it continues both with the national team and Leverkusen.

I hope he can overcome this issue because there's an amazing talent there."

Might sound some alarm bells for some, but this is the sort of thing that will fix itself over time. Just don't know if that will be this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

From a Sparta Prague fan:

"This guy is a both technical and physical monster, it's mostly his mentality which is the problem.

And that's not even in a sense of not working hard enough or acting like an idiot but he tends to hide a lot from the big occasions and doesn't show up enough for the ball. He tends to shy away from responsibility.

It's always been the issue back at Sparta when we played in Europe or derbies against Slavia/Plzeň and it continues both with the national team and Leverkusen.

I hope he can overcome this issue because there's an amazing talent there."

Might sound some alarm bells for some, but this is the sort of thing that will fix itself over time. Just don't know if that will be this season.

To anyone reading this that isn't aware:

He made his Sparta debut at 16, had pretty much the responsibility of being their star player by 17, made his Czech debut by 18 and had been sold by 20. 

They had him as a literal child and almost immediately he had to deal with being their Jesus. 

Even at Leverkusen he arrived with enormous expectation. He'll be here with a lot less pressure, especially if Ioannidis rocks up at the same time for twenty mil. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Look at James Maddison, he flattered to decieve for the first few seasons, before becoming the main man towards the end of his spell here.

Do you think? I thought he looked quality from the start. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean, in complete fairness he had Claude Puel putting him on the left wing. 

Madders was pretty decent even under Puel. Perhaps at the time I would say he looked expensive for the 24M we paid for him if that makes sense? He didn't look terrible, we just thought he could do more. Then when Rodgers came in, he took him to another level though and in the end he was a bargain for the price we paid. We all became huge fans of him even if during his run here there were times when we quite rightly wanted him benched.

The issue is that this season because the overall squad is weak, players putting in 6/10 performances get us relegated. We've left it too late to get the important signings in, and the coach has provably taken us backwards, so I think most on here are already resigned to relegation. Despite that, I still think this is a good signing. There's a chance he does perform this season and makes a difference, and if he doesn't but we keep him for next, I think he will come good. If the obligation is based on us staying up and he doesn't perform, that's less good, but in terms of talent level he's a Premier League quality player for sure. He's much better technically than Soucek or Coufal, who were really solid players for West Ham.

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mavididi started on the bench against Lens and BDCR was in the 11.

I'd be surprised, Mavididi has played a lot of minutes in pre-season.

BDCR arrived late to the squad I think he just wanted to give him minutes.