Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adam Hložek - signed for Hoffenheim

Rudkin is currently working from the Dildo Brothers playbook.

Manager and fans kick off- Put in a load of bids that aren’t going to get accepted and leak it to the media.

12 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

If Leverkusen are happy to sell a young striker for what is actually a smallish fee then it suggests they don't expect him to progress much.

We can do better.

You could have said the same about Kramaric the year we'd won the Prem. He's gone on to be an excellent player in a top 5 European League. Leverkusen have shot the lights out, they can afford to make ruthless decisions.

• Like 3

I have to admit, I did find it weird how leaked the end of the transfer randomly was. My guess is that someone knew hoffenheim were interested and they were the preferred team and so the leak was to force hoffenheim to speed up their approach for the player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Again we need to go back to the Pearson method. Do your business quietly and get them in early.

That way their well used to the surroundings and teamates before the season begins.

We couldn’t bring players in until July 1

assume we also had to wait and see if kdh transfer actually materialised to establish our budgets 

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Given we've bid £23m for Fotis it's certainly a question that's difficult to fathom.

suspect we have worked on several deals with selling clubs on the basis of loan and obligation if we stay up. That exposes us if someone else can be brought in who will buy now. Where we can do that type of deal we will due to our circumstances. We won’t commit to straight buys unless the selling club won’t consider the loan route. 

19 minutes ago, DezFox said:

What else are we to do?…. Maybe not get Steve cooper in to start a project that no one believes in or wants to be part of. Positivity breeds positivity and IMO the appointment of Steve Cooper was a very negative, unimaginative and uninspiring start. The rest is following suit. 

Well I don't disagree with any of that, but we are where we are now.

Players will come for the money and PL shop window regardless of manager - It's just a case of finding the right players - And maybe waiting for them to get a little desperate towards the end of the window!

We aren't going to be anyone's first choice unfortunately, because as you say, we are a bit of a joke at the moment.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Well I don't disagree with any of that, but we are where we are now.

Players will come for the money and PL shop window regardless of manager - It's just a case of finding the right players - And maybe waiting for them to get a little desperate towards the end of the window!

We aren't going to be anyone's first choice unfortunately, because as you say, we are a bit of a joke at the moment.

I see what you mean, but if we are getting players that come for  the money and a shop window only, they are not the players that are going to keep us up. If we went in a different direction then players might buy into a progressive project instead. Would have put us I a stronger position. I understand it done now but club must be held accountable and not be let off in any way. 

1 hour ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Has there been any reason, that maybe I've missed, about why it didn't materalise? Hoffenheim reported to have wanted him yesterday and now he's got a medical today. Why did it take us 5+ days to it inevitably fall through?

We had an agreement with the club. 

Maybe Hlozek wasn't satisfied with the terms we were offering and therefore came to a stall in the negotiations. Perhaps Hoffenheim could offer more assurances than we could and perhaps more money. 

21 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Hopefully the reason that this didnt go through was that his agent was stalling for a permanent transfer elsewhere rather than us taking too long on the details.

As soon as you see Romano sending multiple tweets saying personal terms still to be agreed and it's us involved you can presume that's likely the case!

4 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

It's not nice hoping that a team you, supposedly, support loses all their games.

Tell you what ain’t nice pal..?

Watching a team you “supposedly support” being run into the ground by sheer incompetence. Getting your hopes up of some young or exciting incomings to even give the impression we’re going to make a scrap of staying at the top table, only for those hopes to be dashed over and over again. Meanwhile, clubs like Ipswich are embarrassing us with their recruitment while we flounder about with Bobby De Cordova Reid as our marquee signing and a new 10 year deal for Jannik. We’re a laughing stock. 

All while Rudkin and his “yes man” in Cooper are sipping Pimms and having a go on a bouncy castle, and the players are having their pictures drawn at Seagrave? 

That’s what’s “not nice”, I fear we’re at the stage now where anything but complete embarrassment will not facilitate the change required. Although, that said, you could argue relegation should have done that initially and didn’t, so who knows what will at this point? 

If winning the league was heaven, surely we’re in hell..? 🦊

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Tell you what ain’t nice pal..?

Watching a team you “supposedly support” being run into the ground by sheer incompetence. Getting your hopes up of some young or exciting incomings to even give the impression we’re going to make a scrap of staying at the top table, only for those hopes to be dashed over and over again. Meanwhile, clubs like Ipswich are embarrassing us with their recruitment while we flounder about with Bobby De Cordova Reid as our marquee signing and a new 10 year deal for Jannik. We’re a laughing stock. 

All while Rudkin and his “yes man” in Cooper are sipping Pimms and having a go on a bouncy castle, and the players are having their pictures drawn at Seagrave? 

That’s what’s “not nice”, I fear we’re at the stage now where anything but complete embarrassment will not facilitate the change required. Although, that said, you could argue relegation should have done that initially and didn’t, so who knows what will at this point? 

If winning the league was heaven, surely we’re in hell..? 🦊

We could go down with the lowest points total in league history and it would be put down to pts deduction and a 'tough financial climate', nothing will change. Rudkin will still be here in 10 years.

27 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

We could go down with the lowest points total in league history and it would be put down to pts deduction and a 'tough financial climate', nothing will change. Rudkin will still be here in 10 years.

I fear you are correct, pal. As ludicrous as that is on many fronts.