Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adam Hložek - signed for Hoffenheim

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

To anyone reading this that isn't aware:

He made his Sparta debut at 16, had pretty much the responsibility of being their star player by 17, made his Czech debut by 18 and had been sold by 20. 

They had him as a literal child and almost immediately he had to deal with being their Jesus. 

Even at Leverkusen he arrived with enormous expectation. He'll be here with a lot less pressure, especially if Ioannidis rocks up at the same time for twenty mil. 

I hope I don't come across as negative here, I think this is a good signing!

Realistically based on who's available to us, I'd put this guy at near the top end of who we could get. It's just that unlike the Sparta fans, I am not expecting him to be our jesus!

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd be surprised, Mavididi has played a lot of minutes in pre-season.

BDCR arrived late to the squad I think he just wanted to give him minutes.

I am hoping Mav and Ricardo were blth being rested for spurs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Realistically based on who's available to us, I'd put this guy at near the top end of who we could get. It's just that unlike the Sparta fans, I am not expecting him to be our jesus!

I've given up trying to get foxestalk to temper their expectations. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

What I’m hearing is, we may need to wait an extra season to lift the champions league.

• Haha 3

This is the type of player we should have set out to get from that start of the window, 3 or 4 of these and everyone would be more hopeful wasn't impossible either. The Reid/Okoli signings were easy for us to get but that's usually for a reason.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark said:

This is the type of player we should have set out to get from that start of the window, 3 or 4 of these and everyone would be more hopeful wasn't impossible either. The Reid/Okoli signings were easy for us to get but that's usually for a reason.

In fairness, Caleb Okoli is arguably the Adam Hlozek of centre backs. Was a really promising next big thing a year or two ago who hasn't quite delivered on that potential yet. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

Bang on the money.

I don't rate Cooper at all, but not bringing in the big guns till now is going to cost us. Preseason has essentially be wasted because we can't play our prefferred team. This is really frustrating because if we'd have been on it, we could have picked up a fair few points from the opening 5 games.

When you look at that position Mavididi has been playing pre season, lining up at LW but drifting into the 10 position or moving up top when the LB pushes forward... It's absolutely handcrafted for this guy. 

I suspect, however that he's probably being brought in as a striker and I can't argue too much with that. 

6 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

This whole window has become a farse! Let's be honest, we all know this is another one that will drag out into a 100 page saga end up not happening!

It seems we can get fees agreed, but players don’t want to come here…. We can only hope nobody else is in for him, if they are this won’t happen.

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

When you look at that position Mavididi has been playing pre season, lining up at LW but drifting into the 10 position or moving up top when the LB pushes forward... It's absolutely handcrafted for this guy. 

I suspect, however that he's probably being brought in as a striker and I can't argue too much with that. 

I can definitely see this possibility:

We want Ioannidis.

We don't have the money to buy him unless we sell.

We've been waiting and waiting trying to shift Soumaré etc. 

Daka gets injured. 

We bid for Ioannidis hoping we can sell someone later in the window or in January if we need to. 

We find out Leverkusen would accept a loan with obligation for Hlozek saving us money this season. 

We go for him instead. 

But I think if we were taking that path we'd have just followed through with the loan offer for El Bilal Toure who is a better fit as an outright 9 than Hlozek. 

Percy doesn't normally stick his neck out and say we've actually made a bid if he isn't quite certain. Obviously the Hlozek move could be because the Ioannidis offer was rejected or Panathinaikos see our desperation and are inflating their asking price. 

But it doesn't feel like that. Hlozek is more the guy you play behind the 9. I just think we want both. 

I'd be surprised if one of Zaha or Hlozek isn't signed this week alongside Ioannidis. 

• Like 4