Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adam Hložek - signed for Hoffenheim

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I can definitely see this possibility:

We want Ioannidis.

We don't have the money to buy him unless we sell.

We've been waiting and waiting trying to shift Soumaré etc. 

Daka gets injured. 

We bid for Ioannidis hoping we can sell someone later in the window or in January if we need to. 

We find out Leverkusen would accept a loan with obligation for Hlozek saving us money this season. 

We go for him instead. 

But I think if we were taking that path we'd have just followed through with the loan offer for El Bilal Toure who is a better fit as an outright 9 than Hlozek. 

Percy doesn't normally stick his neck out and say we've actually made a bid if he isn't quite certain. Obviously the Hlozek move could be because the Ioannidis offer was rejected or Panathinaikos see our desperation and are inflating their asking price. 

But it doesn't feel like that. Hlozek is more the guy you play behind the 9. I just think we want both. 

I'd be surprised if one of Zaha or Hlozek isn't signed this week alongside Ioannidis. 

I hope you're right but I suspect it will more likely be Hlozek and Zaha if anything which is probably not as ideal in the sense of having players in their most natural position but is certainly more flexible. 

58 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

So, guesses for Fulham (assuming Spurs too soon) something like 

Mads

Ricardo, Faes, Okoli, JJ

Ndidi, Winks 

Fatawu, BDCR*, Hlozek

Ioannidis 

*absolutely wouldn't be my choice. Would much rather Hlozek sat behind Ioannidis and Mavididi on the right but Cooper seems to have a hard on for Reid. 

Wish he'd play Ricardo there instead of Ndidi.

I can watch another season of Wilf in the PL, it's bad for my blood pressure.

Even though it seems to good to be true, I honestly think we are in for all three of Fotis, Hlozek and Zaha.

Throughout all of Pre-season Cooper has said he wants two players competing for every position. Both McAteer and Cannon have been linked with several loan moves to the championship which would indicate they don’t think they are good enough for the prem.

Buonanotte does not count towards the max loan restriction due to his age, meaning we can have two more loans as well as Buonanotte.

Which would leave us with the following:

Wingers - Mav, Fatawau, BDR, 1x needed

CAM - Buonanotte, 1x needed 

Striker - Vards, Daka, 1x needed 

Zaha, Fotis and Hlozek fill all those gaps. It may be wishful thinking from me but I think this is the clubs way of going for it but utilising the loan market smartly to lower the cost.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James_lcfc said:

But then it would weaken us at full back, especially when you consider Cooper doesn’t seemingly fancy any of our natural left backs. 

1 minute ago, James_lcfc said:

I don't see why ricardo can't play centrally, he did the harder part of playing there in possesion

Just now, Bert said:

But then it would weaken us at full back, especially when you consider Cooper doesn’t seemingly fancy any of our natural left backs. 

Definitely need an attacking left back, said on a different thread I’m very surprised they didn’t go for Sessegnon on a free transfer would have been ideal.

26 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Let's not get too carried away. 

Fab has been wrong about us rumours quite a bit this summer.

It's from Florian Plettenburg, much more reliable for German news. 

• Like 1

Feels like physicality is being targetted a bit more this season whereas it was all about technical ability last summer. Suppose that's a by-product of Enzo leaving and Cooper coming in.

If this is the case, I wonder if he has plans to use Soumare who is undoubtedly at his best when given the freedom to get on the ball and charge up the pitch with it. The issue would be the fact he's as lazy as **** but a good man manager might be able to get a bit out of him? I know that's probably a hope more than anything but you can see he's got the attributes required. Just needs to get the mentality right.

Just feel like a team like this:

Hermansen

Ricardo Okoli Faes Justin

Soumare Winks

Fatawu                    Mavididi

Hlozek Ioannidis

is extremely 'in your face'. Doesn't look like a nice team to play against and I think making us as much of a pain in the arse to play against is going to be key to keeping us up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Even though it seems to good to be true, I honestly think we are in for all three of Fotis, Hlozek and Zaha.

Throughout all of Pre-season Cooper has said he wants two players competing for every position. Both McAteer and Cannon have been linked with several loan moves to the championship which would indicate they don’t think they are good enough for the prem.

Buonanotte does not count towards the max loan restriction due to his age, meaning we can have two more loans as well as Buonanotte.

Zaha, Fotis and Hlozek fill all those gaps. It may be wishful thinking from me but I think this is the clubs way of going for it but utilising the loan market smartly to lower the cost.

I think you're right, but would still be very apprehensive. At least some of those players needed to be brought in earlier. The guys looked clueless in the game against Lens and there was a real lack of creativity in the games prior to that. They are going to need hours on the training pitch drilling routines over and over again. It's been such a mess from what we've seen so far.

I find it interesting that we haven't been linked with a left back, because Kristiansen has been poor in preseason. I am praying that we go back to the system from last year, though have a feeling we might see Fatawu at left back instead :cry:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I mean this would be great. 

Seems a bit too great though if I'm honest lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Definitely need an attacking left back, said on a different thread I’m very surprised they didn’t go for Sessegnon on a free transfer would have been ideal.

100% agree with this. I think a LB is crucial. 

If the system that Cooper has played in preseason is the one we will go with then the LB pushing right up as the RB tucks in beside the CB's is a key feature and we don't have anyone that suits that. Sessegnon would have been ideal but we need someone like him for that position as VK isn't creative enough. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't think we can have Bounatte, Hlozek and Zaha all in the match day squad can we? 

I've seen conflicting information on how many loans we can have in the Prem. I downloaded the 300 odd page PDF of Premier League guidelines for 24/25 and then just questioned what I'm doing with my life so I'm still non the wiser. 

Premier League website flat out says you can't register more than 2 loans.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

"Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time."

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't think we can have Bounatte, Hlozek and Zaha all in the match day squad can we? 

I've seen conflicting information on how many loans we can have in the Prem. I downloaded the 300 odd page PDF of Premier League guidelines for 24/25 and then just questioned what I'm doing with my life so I'm still non the wiser. 

I done the exact same thing and it's no clearer! Lol. 

I know for sure we can only have two loans registered at one time, 4 over the season but the bit that's in question is that GIVEMESPORT seems to think that u21's and homegrown players don't count towards that but I'm not able to find anything by the PL that confirms this. If it's true the Buonanotte and Zaha wouldn't count towards the loan restrictions. 

31 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

This whole window has become a farse! Let's be honest, we all know this is another one that will drag out into a 100 page saga end up not happening!

Let's be honest, it wouldn't be Leicester City if it wasn't a total farce would it?

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Premier League website flat out says you can't register more than 2 loans.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

"Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time."

Key word here is “register” though. 

is it registering loans? Or is it registering those loaned players in the squad? 

u21 players don’t have to be “registered” in the squad, so if it’s the latter, technically Buonanotte wouldn’t be “registered” as a player, because he’s under 21. 

Have seen conflicting reports all over the place. Honestly i don’t think we’ll know for sure until it either happens or doesn’t. 

I’ve now also typed “register” out so many times it doesn’t look like a word anymore

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gevans_97 said:

Key word here is “register” though. 

is it registering loans? Or is it registering those loaned players in the squad? 

u21 players don’t have to be “registered” in the squad, so if it’s the latter, technically Buonanotte wouldn’t be “registered” as a player, because he’s under 21. 

Have seen conflicting reports all over the place. Honestly i don’t think we’ll know for sure until it either happens or doesn’t. 

I’ve now also typed “register” out so many times it doesn’t look like a word anymore

I would have thought that means registering in your 25 man squad.

• Like 1