Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adam Hložek - signed for Hoffenheim

"It is worth noting that these restrictions don't apply to players under the age of 21 or "homegrown" talents, who are defined as players who have spent time at their current club or another in the same country for at least three years between the ages of 15 and 21." From the givemesport article.

So that would make sense that we could get Zaha in addition to Hlozek and Buonanotte.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think you're right, but would still be very apprehensive. At least some of those players needed to be brought in earlier. The guys looked clueless in the game against Lens and there was a real lack of creativity in the games prior to that. They are going to need hours on the training pitch drilling routines over and over again. It's been such a mess from what we've seen so far.

I find it interesting that we haven't been linked with a left back, because Kristiansen has been poor in preseason. I am praying that we go back to the system from last year, though have a feeling we might see Fatawu at left back instead :cry:

Whilst I agree with you I am stuck on two ways of thinking regarding this.
1) Rudkin was being typical Rudkin, faffed about earlier in the window thinking he’s a master negotiator and losing deals as a result of it then hitting the panic button and trying to get several deals completed at once.
2) Either the deals for the likes of Zaha and Hlozek weren’t available at the beginning of the window or they wanted too much money initially and have since lowered their demands.

With regards to Fatawu whilst I’m not keen on the idea and would rather we sign an actual attacking left back, could you imagine whilst attacking a front line of

Fotis

Fatawau, Mav/Hlozek, Buonanotte, Zaha

That’s filthy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean this would be great. 

Seems a bit too great though if I'm honest lol

Yeah I’ve made a mistake, I’ve realised myself it’s possible, so now I’m believing it’s happening lollollol. Now wait for only one of the three to happen!!! Hahaha.

22 minutes ago, Scotch said:

100% agree with this. I think a LB is crucial. 

If the system that Cooper has played in preseason is the one we will go with then the LB pushing right up as the RB tucks in beside the CB's is a key feature and we don't have anyone that suits that. Sessegnon would have been ideal but we need someone like him for that position as VK isn't creative enough. 

Couldn’t agree more, I’ve been shot down a few times on here saying VK isn’t the answer. Alfie Doughty seems to make too much sense for the way we play.

My dream signing there though would be Hartman from Feyenoord, there’s no way that’ll happen though.

25 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Premier League website flat out says you can't register more than 2 loans.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

"Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time."

The key word is register, hence why it gets confusing with regards to U21 players on loan.

Players under the age of 21 do not need to be registered as they don’t count towards the finalised 25 man squad.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

The key word is register, hence why it gets confusing with regards to U21 players on loan.

Players under the age of 21 do not need to be registered as they don’t count towards the finalised 25 man squad.

Even if they're from South America and have only been here a year? 

Is it only European cup competitions that require a player have been on your books a few years to be young enough to not be registered? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Whilst I agree with you I am stuck on two ways of thinking regarding this.
1) Rudkin was being typical Rudkin, faffed about earlier in the window thinking he’s a master negotiator and losing deals as a result of it then hitting the panic button and trying to get several deals completed at once.
2) Either the deals for the likes of Zaha and Hlozek weren’t available at the beginning of the window or they wanted too much money initially and have since lowered their demands.

With regards to Fatawu whilst I’m not keen on the idea and would rather we sign an actual attacking left back, could you imagine whilst attacking a front line of

Fotis

Fatawau, Mav/Hlozek, Buonanotte, Zaha

That’s filthy.

... and not forgetting Alves.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Is it only European cup competitions that require a player have been on your books a few years to be young enough to not be registered? 

Even if Bouonanotte counts as 1 of the max 2 loans, Zaha would count as homegrown it would seem. 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Good question, which I don’t know the answer to in all fairness. Like Ric has said if he doesn’t technically Zaha meets the homegrown criteria too. I genuinely believe we are in for all 3.

23 minutes ago, sdb said:

Am I the only one who hates these types of tweets? I'm imagining 20 other clubs now piling in.

Please happen 🙏 

Once Romano says “here we go” is usually means his tackle is in hand and he’s ready to blow.

• Haha 4

I don't think we have to register Under 21 players in the squad, according to rule U.1. of the current PL Handbook:

A Player shall not be named on the team sheet and/or play for a Club in a League Match unless that Club holds his registration (which shall include, in the circumstances set out in Rules U.3, U.12 and U.13, confirmation that he is eligible to play for it) with effect from at least 75 minutes before kick-off and for League Matches to be played between the close of the Summer Transfer Window and the end of the Season either:

• U.1.1. his name is included on the Squad List;
  • or U.1.2. he is an Under 21 Player.

So it looks to me like players under the age of 21 would not need to be included on the Squad List to play in a Premier League match.

Merc

Fabrizio Romano first stated that the clubs were at an advanced stage of negotiations over the transfer. This was ratified by Sky Germany's Florian Plettenberg, who within minutes issued a second update claiming a total agreement was in place between Leicester and the German champions.

Subject to a further agreement of personal terms with the player, Hlozek - who scored seven goals and provided five assists as part of Xabi Alonso's invincible Bundesliga and German Cup double-winning side last season - is due to sign on loan for the season before completing a permanent switch next summer. This would cost the club in region of €17m to €18m (£14.5m to £15.4m).

A medical would then take place as the clubs look to wrap up the deal before the start of their respective 2024/25 campaigns.

Hlozek has made 80 appearances for Leverkusen, joining the club in 2022. Prior to that he made 132 senior appearances for boyhood club Sparta Prague, scoring a career total of 62 goals between both clubs, and has also earned 32 caps playing for the Czech Republic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Premier League website flat out says you can't register more than 2 loans.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

"Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time."

Isnt that a 2 loan maximum from other English clubs though? Prem and/or EFL? 

I thought you can have 4 max, but not 2 from the same club. So if we say get Zaha and Hlozek over the line, both from foreign clubs, we could still add another loan from either the prem, or abroad to go with Buonanotte