Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

I know it’s going to be hard watching for us considering some of the choices the club have made this summer, but also to be clear, I have absolutely no faith in any refereeing performance against us this season.

We humiliated the Premier League in 2015/16, they restricted our income and after we started competing at the very top a few years later, they started restricting our spending power too, and our ability to compete, to placate their wealthiest corrupt clubs.

“We don’t want too many Leicester Citys”.

This seasons objectives should first and foremost be survival, but off the pitch I want the club to stand up for itself, take legal action against the Premier League’s aggression and get compensation for what has been done to us.

**** the Premier League.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We have Jared Gillett reffing our first game. Howard Webb may as well start drafting his apology to us right now.

Chris Kavanagh for us. Same applies! 

11 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

who the **** is that

Referee used to be in the A-League. 

If you're on about Howard Webb, he used to be Man Utd's extra player at Old Trafford. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Bottom of the league is going to be interesting.

Be interesting to see how Palace get on as they ended the season well.

I don't think they'll start well.

Mateta will be exhausted, Olise gone, Guehi basically gone and Eze potentially a bit distracted/lack of pre season? 

Thing the manager is superb though and if he has the chance to reinvest before the end of the window they'll be fine. 

I'd have had them as outside shots for conference league if they'd manage to keep hold of one of Olise/Guehi.

• Like 1

Predictions? 

1. Man City 

2. Arsenal 

3. Liverpool

4. Chelsea

5. Man United

6. Tottenham 

7. Newcastle 

8. Villa 

9. West Ham 

10. Brighton 

11. Palace 

12. Wolves 

13. Fulham 

14. Everton 

15. Leicester

16. Brentford

17. Bournemouth 

18. Forest 

19. Southampton 

20. Ipswich 

Haaland top scorer (obviously), Palmer POTS, Mainoo YPOTS. 

I very much see us in a mini league with southampton, ipswich, forest, everton… i’m hoping bournemouth (if the solanke blow hits them hard) and fulham. 

Im not convinced anyone else will be drawn into the dog fight. Brentford will do their usual floating around there but ultimately pulling away comfortably. Wolves will start low due to their horrific fixtures but there’s no chance they are even in the battle come mid season. 

The route of safety could come 2 ways in my mind (both relying on ipswich and southampton struggling) , one is that everton get a similar points knock as us and we do better over the course of the season.

The other is that silva doesn’t get away with what appears a terrible window. They’ve lost tosin and paulina yet haven’t sensibly replaced them, instead they’ve gone for smith-rowe… who is a game changer but could get injured in game one, he’s certainly a large risk. So defensively they are a lot weaker, harrison reed will not fill those boots for a season and short of a late bit of good business they will ship more goals. The other issues are up top. Their best player willian is surely too old now, so he’s regressing and the final question mark is muniz for me. He had a breakout season, but that could always be a flash in the pan. No guarantee he continues that output and if doesn’t they are in serious hot water.  So for me, this is the club that gives me hope 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

Jesus Christ this season really is going to be another insufferable year of thinking the PL are corrupt against us lol

Just like every other team in the PL. I'm struggling to work out who they're FOR.

Can we have a separate thread for you to all whine in about referees, so this is kept clear for non-tin foil hat chat?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I very much see us in a mini league with southampton, ipswich, forest, everton… i’m hoping bournemouth (if the solanke blow hits them hard) and fulham. 

Im not convinced anyone else will be drawn into the dog fight. Brentford will do their usual floating around there but ultimately pulling away comfortably. Wolves will start low due to their horrific fixtures but there’s no chance they are even in the battle come mid season. 

The route of safety could come 2 ways in my mind (both relying on ipswich and southampton struggling) , one is that everton get a similar points knock as us and we do better over the course of the season.

The other is that silva doesn’t get away with what appears a terrible window. They’ve lost tosin and paulina yet haven’t sensibly replaced them, instead they’ve gone for smith-rowe… who is a game changer but could get injured in game one, he’s certainly a large risk. So defensively they are a lot weaker, harrison reed will not fill those boots for a season and short of a late bit of good business they will ship more goals. The other issues are up top. Their best player willian is surely too old now, so he’s regressing and the final question mark is muniz for me. He had a breakout season, but that could always be a flash in the pan. No guarantee he continues that output and if doesn’t they are in serious hot water.  So for me, this is the club that gives me hope 

I agree with all of that but think Brentford will struggle more than what you think. if Toney leaves, and with Igor Thiago's injury, I'm not sure Mbeumo and Wissa is enough at that end of the pitch. 

Also their starting midfield hasn't changed from promotion, and every time Jensen is out they really struggle. 

19 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Palmer's Chelsea contract extended to 2033

TWENTY THIRTY THREE

I wasn't ready to see that year in a sentence on my newsfeed.

:surrender:

Haha mental isn't it, I came here to post the same thing.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Chris Kavanagh for us. Same applies! 

Referee used to be in the A-League. 

If you're on about Howard Webb, he used to be Man Utd's extra player at Old Trafford. 

was talking about Keith Hackett

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I agree with all of that but think Brentford will struggle more than what you think. if Toney leaves, and with Igor Thiago's injury, I'm not sure Mbeumo and Wissa is enough at that end of the pitch. 

Also their starting midfield hasn't changed from promotion, and every time Jensen is out they really struggle. 

Tbf, brentford we’re better without toney last season… until mbuemo got injured. He’s a very good striker and they have schade fit now and carvalho. I’d be surprised if they did get sucked in, even if Toney leaves without replacement 

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Bastards heard me