Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

46 minutes ago, Danizen said:

Brighton have activated the £40m release clause in Rutter's contract. 

Feels like they're entering the second phase of the boom/bust cycle. 

They must’ve seen something in him that I have not seen although LUFC fans are also up in arms so maybe he is a flat track bully.

BHAFC do have a massive war chest to burn though as record profits two years running and lots of talent with resale value ……time will

tell I guess the only thing I would be disappointed in if I was a BHA fan is why have they not had a proper go and keeping a few assets and try to break into the Top 6 or win a trophy?? Other than city, arsenal and Liverpool the rest are not that great hence Villa are potentially breaking in!!

40 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

They must’ve seen something in him that I have not seen although LUFC fans are also up in arms so maybe he is a flat track bully.

BHAFC do have a massive war chest to burn though as record profits two years running and lots of talent with resale value ……time will

tell I guess the only thing I would be disappointed in if I was a BHA fan is why have they not had a proper go and keeping a few assets and try to break into the Top 6 or win a trophy?? Other than city, arsenal and Liverpool the rest are not that great hence Villa are potentially breaking in!!

Because holding onto players that want to leave serves nobody any good. You either trust the process or you don't. 

We very much stumbled on the process it seems whereas for Brighton it is very much a legitimate business plan.

The minute you deviate you're setting yourself up for failure a few years down the line.

19 minutes ago, onekeithweller said:

I read that as Rudders and nearly fell off my chair! 

No way we’d let Rudkin go for as little as that!! 

Edited by Phube

22 hours ago, StanSP said:

I always wondered how accurate these sort of things have been in past seasons. 

We have so many anomalys I feel. My head has us finishing bottom of the league, without a chance in hell. However, I also then think, Mavididi and Fatawu will have games where they are unplayable. I think for me, we will struggle with goals at both ends. Relegation but not sure where in that bottom 3. 

10 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I always wondered how accurate these sort of things have been in past seasons. 

We have so many anomalys I feel. My head has us finishing bottom of the league, without a chance in hell. However, I also then think, Mavididi and Fatawu will have games where they are unplayable. I think for me, we will struggle with goals at both ends. Relegation but not sure where in that bottom 3. 

I think 20th because of points deduction. 

I can't help but think we perhaps may find a bit of form, find ourselves hovering around 16th and below, then get whacked with the deduction that just derails our season before we hit the period of playing the top sides in Feb/March. 

Then not be able to recover in time. 

• Like 1

Comments from Marco Silva on Fulham’s transfer business…

"I would prefer to have the players that we need during pre-season, but the Premier League is tough on and off the pitch and sometimes we have to be patient. 

"The board are pushing, working hard and hopefully they can sign the players we need and we are working all together to achieve it.

"The squad is far from completed. We lost players like Tosin, Tim Ream, Bobby, Joao, Willian, these were starting XI and crucial players for us. We have to rebuild again like last season when we lost Aleksandar Mitrovic."

6 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Comments from Marco Silva on Fulham’s transfer business…

"I would prefer to have the players that we need during pre-season, but the Premier League is tough on and off the pitch and sometimes we have to be patient. 

"The board are pushing, working hard and hopefully they can sign the players we need and we are working all together to achieve it.

"The squad is far from completed. We lost players like Tosin, Tim Ream, Bobby, Joao, Willian, these were starting XI and crucial players for us. We have to rebuild again like last season when we lost Aleksandar Mitrovic."

Fully expecting Cameron Puertas to rock up at Fulham

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

United looking as ordinary as last season. Can't believe slabhead and Casemiro are still getting game time lol

And rashford he is terrible 90% of the time 

• Like 1