Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

28 minutes ago, Soar Fox said:

Raheem Sterling had his squad number took off him and given to Neto. 

That’s one way of trying to force him out the club. 

I don't think taking his squad number is going to make him go anywhere, he's in contract and with the way they've been treating players I fully expect anyone leaving will be expecting a pay up

28 minutes ago, Bryn said:

What Chelsea is doing is a disgrace.

As far as I can tell from reading around the topic, what Chelsea does boils down to the way PSR treats transfer fees, in and out. The way that fees in count in one go but fees out are considered over the duration of the contract. So what they're doing is stockpiling players to use to sell for upfront fees to other clubs and then bringing new players in on long contracts, essentially pushing their transfer outlay further and further down the line in terms of PSR consideration. It's manifestly corrupt and it's a poor way to treat human beings, as if they're trading cards to stockpile and swap. I do see it as something the players themselves need to tackle though, the PFA really ought to be organising a pushback against it because it's a matter of time before a young player comes to serious emotional harm from being abused in that way.

This iscan extreme example of what chelsea have been doing for years... imagine being a young player going on loan every years for 4 or 5 years to different clubs,rather than being able to put down roots for a few years forva bit of stability. I don't think it does those players any favours. Injury aside,and it being a man City player, but is callum Doyle really going to be well served starting a third championship campaign in a row at a third different club, rather than just having moved and growing with a club?

15 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

Does Leicester want Sterling?

If we had the money for a loan I don't think it's a stupid move to have a look. 

We need a striker, so of course we are looking at another CB. 

Chillwell I wouldn't have back if he came for free and gave out free lollypops to the fans. 

• Like 1

More fool any player that signs for Chelsea really, whether you back yourself to nail down a position the fact is they are still buying with 42 ‘1st’ team players on their books, no manager is going to work with that amount of players so why go  & before it’s mentioned, it’s very easy to say money but would you like to go to work as a 21yr old but never show your talent or be part of something & be stuck 🤷‍♂️  

I’d rather go somewhere for a little less money on a shorter contract and showcase myself which will bring the rewards and long term stability, SAF had it together, earn the right to draw the wage!

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 1

The arrogance of Enzo Maresca knows no bounds. If I was Sterling or Chilwell I'd stick around and collect my massive pay packets until he inevitably departs in a few months.

The player and money situation at Chelsea is just obscene, makes Man City look like angels.

The Sean Dyche pre-match presser couldn't sound any worse from an Everton perspective. Reporting some new injuries, likely to be no more signings and a stretched squad with a limited amount of first team players available.

1 hour ago, Monk said:

The arrogance of Enzo Maresca knows no bounds. If I was Sterling or Chilwell I'd stick around and collect my massive pay packets until he inevitably departs in a few months.

The player and money situation at Chelsea is just obscene, makes Man City look like angels.

Eh? How on earth is he being arrogant by being honest with players about how likely they are to be used? Surely that's better than misleading them? 

• Like 1

Enzo taking the "I'm just the coach, anything off the training pitch is not me" approach. 

Aren't there now FIFA rules on the maximum number of players a club can loan out? So this stockpiling players to book a profit in the future isn't going to work if they have such a large squad they can't all be registered OR be loaned out?

1 hour ago, Will1981 said:

Surely that is not an injury, it is a premier league rule.

22 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Yeah he's on loan so similar to when we play Brighton, no Facundo :(

Yeah I misread it as he was injured being the reason! My bad. 

I'd feel sorry for the players, but would just love it if the football world turned to Chelsea and said, no, we don't want your players. And left them paying a squad of 42. The wages alone must be obscene