Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

23 hours ago, filbertway said:

I would have through that if the club purchases the hotel back, it would be classed  as an infrastructure investment and therefore not count towards PSR. Whereas if they sell it, it's income from the club, so that £80m can be used to count towards it.

So I imagine, in theory, they could just keep selling it and buying it at £80m and adding the money to artificially boost their income for PSR calculations.

@st albans fox you seem to know a fair bit about this. Is my plan for Chelsea practical or am I missing something? :D

The hotel sale only works for them because of the increase in value with it being in Chelsea.  They sold it for 76m. We must assume that it hadn’t been revalued in their books for some time so they were able to take the asset value increase as a positive in their psr numbers.  If they had it valued in their books at 76m and then sold it for 76m then it would be neutral.  Your question about them buying it back for 80m and that being deductible on the basis that it’s infrastructure investment is interesting.  Does infrastructure spending have to be on new development ?  In any case, the selling of this type asset is not allowed by uefa so Chelsea will have to find a new way of meeting their obligations because the PL is coming into line with uefa spending rules.
assuming that the rich six will want to keep this asset sale option open, it only needs one of the other 14 to agree to keep it. it was nine in total on the June vote.  

i believe that their approach with long contracts for young players on reduced wages (65/85k per week) could actually prove to work on a financial level. But it’s very much questionable whether it will work on a football basis.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Not sure where else to put this but sadly so many fans, either of Villa or other clubs including our own, can relate to this post form a Villa fan. It resonates on so many levels about the disconnect between owners and fans, and how fans are being priced out of the game they once used to love... 

I don't disagree with this guy's sentiment at all, it's scandalous pricing - but this tweet is so self-indulgent.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I don't disagree with this guy's sentiment at all, it's scandalous pricing - but this tweet is so self-indulgent.

it is but we can all get a bit carried away at times. rather than calling them arsehole robbing ***** he's chosen to evoke something else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It's quite an emotive issue though, surely? And he's just portraying that in such a way. I don't see it as a thing to hate on him for. 

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's quite an emotive issue though, surely? And he's just portraying that in such a way. I don't see it as a thing to hate on him for. 

Calling a tweet self-indulgent isn't really "hating" brother. Again, I don't disagree with the sentiment. By all means write whatever you want to whoever you want at Football Club X. But sharing that letter publicly / that tweet is a completely unsubtle fish for likes (imo, anyway). Even crowbarred in the tried and tested formula of "my dad took me to my first game X years ago" for good measure

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Fairly certain he's never been to a football match in his life. 

"When Martin O'Neil turned his back on us, I was cut deep. It made me more resolved to cheer the lads on. The day we were relegated, I was the last one off the Holte.". lol Yeah course you were mate.

Yeah just something about it reeking of "it's all about me" there. You can contact the club without giving everyone your contrived life story pal! 

47 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Kazakhstan keep Haaland quiet ..

19 PL clubs will be asking how !

We showed them all how last season when we beat them at home. Craig Dawson man marked him and absolutely snuffed him out weirdly. With help from the tactics obviously. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

71% possession 

19 shots 

2 on target 

PL Haaland is definitely helped where he is

he doesn’t score 1 goal a game at forest  

It's true but nobody scores as many as he does for Man City than him.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

71% possession 

19 shots 

2 on target 

PL Haaland is definitely helped where he is

he doesn’t score 1 goal a game at forest  

But he doesn't have to score 1 goal a game at Forest because he's proven he's ****ing good?

This is the "but Pep never managed at Harrogate!" argument re-badged.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

But he doesn't have to score 1 goal a game at Forest because he's proven he's ****ing good?

This is the "but Pep never managed at Harrogate!" argument re-badged.

Not really 

it’s pretty obvious that if you play up top for Man City then you’re going to get better chances. But you HAVE a to prove yourself to get that gig .

8 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I got 2 lines in, got fed up by the self indulgent twaddle & gave up. 

Jesus, where does anyone think the money comes from? Villa have had unprecedented investment and are now going to get unprecedented success, someone now has to pay the ferryman. 

Christ, talk about self entitled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

If Haaland stays.

Well, obviously.

37 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not really 

it’s pretty obvious that if you play up top for Man City then you’re going to get better chances. But you HAVE a to prove yourself to get that gig .

And he demonstrably has? The bloke was banging them in at a ridiculous rate for one of the biggest clubs in Germany domestically and on the continent before he moved to Man City. What more does he need to do to prove himself to st albans fox?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Well, obviously.

And he demonstrably has? The bloke was banging them in at a ridiculous rate for one of the biggest clubs in Germany domestically and on the continent before he moved to Man City. What more does he need to do to prove himself to st albans fox?

You made my point ?  You don't get the gig at Man City unless you’ve already proved yourself.(which he and others have done). Once you’re there you will get better service than at other clubs. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

You made my point ?  You don't get the gig at Man City unless you’ve already proved yourself.(which he and others have done). Once you’re there you will get better service than at other clubs. 

I'm not sure what point you were making tbh man, I pay little attention to anyone without an avatar 

• Haha 3