Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Referees' losing control of games more and more.

9 in our game v Villa.

14 cards in the Bournemouth v Chelsea game last night.

7 before HT in the Tottenham v Arsenal game.

These games aren't even fiesty or 'nasty' with any rash tackles in them.

I've never known football so nicey, nicey and santised, yet cards are being handed out like confetti.

65 yellow cards in the Premier League this weekend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

How many chances did we have to sack him? Madness.

Scandalous. Cooper is going nowhere soon either. He deserves a chance though tbf. 4 games in & some want him gone ! 

All about opinions though. Personally, he needs until Christmas at least. 

Barnes was always one of my favourite players when he was with us

Yeah he had his off games but he always put up good numbers every season for us and got a lot of unfair crap from fans (on here more than the in the ground tbf) imo

146 appearances - 113 starts

9,880 mintues - 109.8 90s

35 goals and 25 assists

Goal contribution every 165 minutes

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Watching how good Barnes, Maddison and Youri are makes it’s hit home how crazy our relegation was

Wasnt lack of goals that sent us down. The attackers were decent that year barring Vardy who was dog shit with his 3 goals. Ward, Amartey, Faes, Ndidi were the issue

Edited by South Shire Fox

5 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

But but but he wasn't backed.

How dare you boo??

Oh but he was. There were huge chunks of match going fans backing him to the point of violence in the stands.

Probably a large crossover of whom applauded all the players on the day they were relegated.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Wasnt lack of goals that sent us down. The attackers were decent that year barring Vardy who was dog shit with his 3 goals. Ward, Amartey, Faes, Ndidi were the issue

It was Danny Ward, put him in goal for the first four games of this season we have 0 points

16 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Scandalous. Cooper is going nowhere soon either. He deserves a chance though tbf. 4 games in & some want him gone ! 

All about opinions though. Personally, he needs until Christmas at least. 

Not having a dig but willing to hear an alternate view to mine. From his track record at Forest, preseason and now the first 4 games, what do you think he will do differently in that time frame to Christmas? To me, his lack of footballing nous and in game management are clear for all to see. Giving him till Christmas I believe would make relegation a fait accompli. 

If was in a regular job and performed to the equivalent standard, I’m sure he wouldn’t pass his probation. 

• Like 1