Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Is your aim, presumably it will be, to survive again?

I suppose ultimately yes, but it would be good to see signs of gradual progress which I think we have seen in our 4 games so far.

Our owner is highly ambitious and will be targeting a spot in Europe within the new few years, of that I'm absolutely certain. But amongst the fanbase I think anything between 12th and 16th will be completely fine as long as their are positive signs.

What's worrying in football generally is how difficult it is to come up and compete for promoted clubs, especially ones that have been out the top flight for so long.

On 16/09/2024 at 11:00, Wymsey said:

Troy Deeney isn't becoming popular with his new BBC 'role', according to the comments..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cx2ll0w3r2zo

Lol.. These people that the BBC employ as pundits are brilliant - At something no doubt - but just not what they are paid to do!

Deeney can't pick a team and Sutton is useless at predicting results ( beaten virtually every week by musicians, actors reality tv "personalities" and 97 year old blind in one eye Alf from Basingstoke).

*Ok the last one was made up but if he's ever on, Alf will wipe the floor with the tw*t.

I don't mind paying my licence fee to fund these useless fools in the least.. 😐

18 minutes ago, South Notts NFFC said:

I suppose ultimately yes, but it would be good to see signs of gradual progress which I think we have seen in our 4 games so far.

Our owner is highly ambitious and will be targeting a spot in Europe within the new few years, of that I'm absolutely certain. But amongst the fanbase I think anything between 12th and 16th will be completely fine as long as their are positive signs.

What's worrying in football generally is how difficult it is to come up and compete for promoted clubs, especially ones that have been out the top flight for so long.

Forest will be absolutely fine this season. Only issue I can see your you is goals? Forgive my ignorance but your striking situation seems a bit weak at the moment, so would it be fair to say most of your goals are likely to come from the wings? But I think you’ll be comfortably mid table.

Edited by Pliskin

Forest have fully ridden out their weaker period and they're just an objectively decent side now. Don't think they'll push for Europe or anything but think they'll be well clear of the drop - think a Palace level side. They're very good defensively now. I thought they were dire in 2022/23 but lucky, bad again last year and again, lucky with how bad the promoted trio were. But they've ridden it out I think. They've passed us and it makes me sick. How have we just let this happen? It was absolutely unthinkable two years ago.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Forest will be absolutely fine this season. Only issue I can see your you is goals? Forgive my ignorance but your striking situation seems a bit weak at the moment, so would it be fair to say most of your goals are likely to come from the wings? But I think you’ll be comfortably mid table.

Yeah 4 in 4 is a concern and goals were hardly flowing last season either. But going into the Liverpool game we'd had the most shots and shots on target in the entire league over the first 3 games so I'm just hoping they'll start to come soon. We're a lot more solid now at the back though so that does ease the pressure on the strikers a bit.

The fact we wanted a striker in the summer was no secret and we were in for several who all for various different reasons ended up not happening. Chris Wood just does his thing and we know what we're getting, he'll get goals if given the service but for me he slows us down a lot. Taiwo Awoniyi looked almost unplayable at times over the last few years and has himself got a fairly handy scoring record for us but he seems both hugely out of favour and incredibly unreliable fitness-wise at the moment.

On 15/09/2024 at 18:14, foxfanazer said:

The only player I've been gutted to see leave recently. Class player and seems like he's got his head screwed on

Class is a bit much. He can’t start games over Jacob Murphy and will deflect to Scotland soon as hasn’t been considered for England for 4+ years. 

3 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

Class is a bit much. He can’t start games over Jacob Murphy and will deflect to Scotland soon as hasn’t been considered for England for 4+ years. 

If Harvey Barnes was fit for the whole of last season, I don’t think Gordon would’ve made the England Euro squad. Murphy plays on the right.

5 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

As if that's the barometer of a good player lol

He's extremely talented and would walk into the majority of teams in the league 

5 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

fr 2 reasons though, 1 is that he’s obviously a lw and so is gordon… you’re not dropping gordon and don’t really want him out of position either. 

Secondly for the same reason we will be seeing a lot of ayew, one winger has a license to attack the other is more defensive. I’ve never seen barnes make a tackle.

Being rated lower than Gordon is a bracket the majority of wingers would  fall into 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

fr 2 reasons though, 1 is that he’s obviously a lw and so is gordon… you’re not dropping gordon and don’t really want him out of position either. 

Secondly for the same reason we will be seeing a lot of ayew, one winger has a license to attack the other is more defensive. I’ve never seen barnes make a tackle.

Being rated lower than Gordon is a bracket the majority of wingers would  fall into 

While true, there wasn’t much difference in the fees. 

Edited by lcfc043

Doubt Forest will be in a relegation battle this season. If Forest keep progressing I don't see a reason why they cant get into the Europe the odd time in future seasons similar to Brighton or even West Ham at a push. Saying that there's not a chance they will touch even Newcastle or Villa levels.

Edited by Nalis

Forest couldn’t have been promoted at a better time. So many faltering teams in ther first season, the second was just a pathetic attempt by the promoted sides. You look at them, bournemouth and fulham and just see them as established now. what a difference a few years can make if you get your decisions right. 

Funnily enough though, i don’t think forest did get those original decisions right. They just got away with it. 

• Like 1

Could this happen ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cx20lg01mndo

Maybe they need to have a word with their paymasters who insist on extra matches and create tournaments to make more money .

Sure they don’t mind winning all these games for club and country and being successful!

Edited by Super_horns

On 15/09/2024 at 19:21, Corky said:

Barnes going was the worst part of the relegation. The one quality player who seemed to be desperate to play for us despite being too good.

Just hits home, goals like that.

Didn’t want to leave either.