Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Helps that he is now managed by one of the best managers in the World.

To think that if the Queen hadn't passed away, we would have had the Rodgers vs Gerrard 'el sackio' game. 

Sadly, Villa had a plan and pulled the trigger and appointed a great manager, whilst we plodded aimlessly into the Championship.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Villa won’t achieve what we have in the modern era though. 

In a way with Champions league football they have.  They finished fourth last season.  Two seasons on the trot we bottled fourth finishing fifth both times.  They have more FA Cup wins than us and have won the European Cup (champions league) previously.  

Agree re perhaps not winning the premier league but their history, and current manager is 100% better than ours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

In many ways Tielemans' performances in 22/23 were the perfect representation of our general decline. Watching a very talented player waddle around miserably, knowing he was capable of so much more, was symptomatic of a team in which undoubted talent was being completely suffocated by apathy and decay.

Love that new name for Brendan. Brendan 'Apathy and Decay' Rodgers. 😁

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Villa won’t achieve what we have in the modern era though. 

Definitely this too. I see so many people on here talk about how clubs like Brighton are run. But they'll end up going down having won nothing.

21 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

In a way with Champions league football they have.  They finished fourth last season.  Two seasons on the trot we bottled fourth finishing fifth both times.  They have more FA Cup wins than us and have won the European Cup (champions league) previously.  

Agree re perhaps not winning the premier league but their history, and current manager is 100% better than ours.

I'd rather finish 5th and win an FA Cup than finish fourth and win fvck all. No doubt Villa fans would too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Howard Webb basically saying his refs got it wrong on one  occasion and had a lack of consistency in another situation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cjd5l8ll7zko

Probably happens each week too ?

Annoys me that he's apologising for applying the rules correctly, just because it's an Arsenal player. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

Don't like Villa, but their history proves otherwise, they have won the fa cup at least seven times, for gawds sake.

Villa have great history, one of the English game's greats, but the last time they won the FA Cup was in the 50's. A large chunk of their fan base hasn't seen that and I'm sure they'd give up their top 4 place for it.

In fact, I'm sure they haven't won a trophy since 1996 for gawds sake.

Edited by Fox92

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

It is just madness when you look back. How can you have Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes all get relegated in the same side. Vardy's since proven he wasn't finished either.

I'll never forgive it. Why should anybody.

The old saying of talent means nothing without hard work. 

Honestly Tielemans putting in that effort in the last 18 months wouldn't have even been good enough for the Championship. Combined with Ndidi looking like he wasn't even a professional footballer, I don't even know what went on there. 

All of their attitudes were a disgrace. I'm still livid about it now. You can still see the arrogance in Faes. As much as I defend him to some on here, he is the last kind of character you need in a scrap. Suppose you could pin that on a lot of players. Good when it's all going well but you need a different type of player when shit hits the fan.

As much as the Premier League win was a perfect storm of everything going right, we needed absolutely everything from the top down to be a disaster to go down that season and it happened. Including the most self absorbed manager in the history of the game distancing himself from any blame.

Not that I'm still angry about it or anything :ph34r:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It is just madness when you look back. How can you have Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes all get relegated in the same side. Vardy's since proven he wasn't finished either. If you added those four to even someone like Luton last season they'd have stayed up.

I'll never forgive it. Why should anybody. It really was the most disgraceful underachievement.

Nah Dan they looked into it and couldn't find flaws. Just one of those things I suppose!

22 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It is just madness when you look back. How can you have Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes all get relegated in the same side. Vardy's since proven he wasn't finished either. If you added those four to even someone like Luton last season they'd have stayed up.

I'll never forgive it. Why should anybody. It really was the most disgraceful underachievement.

The better these players do the harder it is for the Rodgers apologists to defend him. A truly abysmal managerial performance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Annoys me that he's apologising for applying the rules correctly, just because it's an Arsenal player. 

And saying the ref got it wrong in the first half for not booking Pedro.

Don’t usually comment on decisions like that .

Makes it sound like someone had a word at HT?

Edited by Super_horns

22 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

The old saying of talent means nothing without hard work. 

Honestly Tielemans putting in that effort in the last 18 months wouldn't have even been good enough for the Championship. Combined with Ndidi looking like he wasn't even a professional footballer, I don't even know what went on there. 

All of their attitudes were a disgrace. I'm still livid about it now. You can still see the arrogance in Faes. As much as I defend him to some on here, he is the last kind of character you need in a scrap. Suppose you could pin that on a lot of players. Good when it's all going well but you need a different type of player when shit hits the fan.

As much as the Premier League win was a perfect storm of everything going right, we needed absolutely everything from the top down to be a disaster to go down that season and it happened. Including the most self absorbed manager in the history of the game distancing himself from any blame.

Not that I'm still angry about it or anything :ph34r:

You are right of course. It's just pretty mad isn't it. I think a good side can go through a bad period but something does change it so that it doesn't stretch beyond say a couple of months. It's happened here before - under Ranieri and Puel specifically.

Managers have a lull where they know they're out of the door soon and everyone's ready for things to be shaken up. This period usually lasts what, a month or two if that? We basically let it go on for 75% of a season. I've never seen anything like it. It was the only possible way you could relegate that team.

We even sacked him at basically the worst possible time as well. Too late to give anyone a chance to make an impact. Too late to get anybody who would've actually been capable of making an impact. Even when you look at the timing of the fixtures - nothing for two weeks between Brentford and Palace then two within the next week afterwards, both at home, both which we lost, and then the write off of Man City away.

It wasn't on the level of the title win in terms of ridiculousness but I don't remember many things that were less likely either.

I'm not over it because we are still paying for it. We're heavily odds on to go down this season. That doesn't happen if 2022/23 doesn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Maddison tweeted everyone to stop being so negative and get behind the team, they'll be fine. 

😂