Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

12 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Hmmm, I thought it was good to have a bit of drama in a usually boring game tbh, if Vardy was doing what Haaland did then we'd all be loving it 

Vardy wouldn't do it. I'm not having that comparison. He squares up to people's faces, not behind their back. Haaland dare not square up to Gabriel because Gabriel would have had him.

26 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Vardy wouldn't do it. I'm not having that comparison. He squares up to people's faces, not behind their back. Haaland dare not square up to Gabriel because Gabriel would have had him.

lol what do you mean by "had him"? Lamped one on him? I'm sure Haaland would've taken the inevitable three match ban Gabriel would've got. This wasn't some square up down an unpoliced dark alley.

Notwithstanding that Haaland is massive

2 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

lol what do you mean by "had him"? Lamped one on him? I'm sure Haaland would've taken the inevitable three match ban Gabriel would've got. This wasn't some square up down an unpoliced dark alley.

What do you think I mean, don't take those words literal man. I'm fully aware of bans.

However, more of my point. Haaland shouted in Arteta's face but wouldn't do it to Gabriel. Had to go behind his back. He is massive... a massive bully. I've seen enough players like that before.

9 hours ago, The Bear said:

I've got no problem with the barge. He was in his way when he was running. Even if there was a bit of needle I doubt he tried to deliberately. 

However throwing the ball at a players head is out of order IMO. I don't see that as banter I see that as violent conduct. If a player were to kick the ball directly at another player on the ground he'd rightly get sanctioned. When you consider it's thrown at someones head, in this day and age of protecting players from head injuries, well I'm surprised they aren't making an example of him and handing him a 3 match ban for recklessly endangering an opponent. 

lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'm already sick of hearing about Rodri's injury. Why on Earth is it headline news on BBC every day? Who gives a shit. 

But they're now missing that one player to stop every opposition attack with "tactical fouls". You know, that thing that Man City moan about when another team does it to them...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

What do you think I mean, don't take those words literal man. I'm fully aware of bans.

However, more of my point. Haaland shouted in Arteta's face but wouldn't do it to Gabriel. Had to go behind his back. He is massive... a massive bully. I've seen enough players like that before.

They'll have been plenty during the match which the cameras don't pick up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

He is a very tall bean pole, but hardly a Traore. 😂

IMG_0188.jpeg

It's made me genuinely ill to see people on twitter and in the thread saying that Haaland throwing a ball of air at someone's head is reckless endangerment of an opponent.

The man's an absolute class act.

I love the idea that people think he's scared of Gabriel as well lol "oooo he's done it behind his back" Like it wasn't just spur of the moment,  Haaland was  actually waiting all game for the opportunity to do it.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, The Bear said:

I've got no problem with the barge. He was in his way when he was running. Even if there was a bit of needle I doubt he tried to deliberately. 

However throwing the ball at a players head is out of order IMO. I don't see that as banter I see that as violent conduct. If a player were to kick the ball directly at another player on the ground he'd rightly get sanctioned. When you consider it's thrown at someones head, in this day and age of protecting players from head injuries, well I'm surprised they aren't making an example of him and handing him a 3 match ban for recklessly endangering an opponent. 

How? 

Players voluntarily go to head the ball. Gabriel getting 'hit' by the ball is just not violent conduct! 

Not even close to being violent. 

Unsportsmanlike, 100% yes. But violent? Nowhere near. If you're gonna hand out red cards for that, retrospectively or not, that to me negates what actual violent conduct is (biting, intentional elbows to the face, punching an opponent, studs high up intentionally etc). 

If that's classed as violent conduct, then so is what Fuchs did to Sanchez (even though the latter deserved it for his fannying around at a throw in). And that wasn't violent conduct at the time either. 

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

But they're now missing that one player to stop every opposition attack with "tactical fouls". You know, that thing that Man City moan about when another team does it to them...

You've got to let this dislike of Man City go fella

42 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

You've got to let this dislike of Man City go fella

It is pretty bad I'll be honest, I have been on one over the last 48 hours, I need to calm it down.

I'm shocked that anyone not supporting Arsenal would actually side with them in this debate. Man City for me have always been innocuous, mainly because their fan's are either non-verbal or just few and far between (not a dig). I've never felt any distain for them, they just go about their business. The charges are the charges and they might get done, but until then enjoy the footy they play, it's simply once in a generation type stuff.

Arsenal on the other hand....wow they don't half breed some questionable fanatics. Missing link type lunatics :D. Happy to pile onto them, and that Arteta is a insufferable piece of work, horrid!

Edited by TheGoldenGod
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

How? 

Players voluntarily go to head the ball. Gabriel getting 'hit' by the ball is just not violent conduct! 

Not even close to being violent. 

Unsportsmanlike, 100% yes. But violent? Nowhere near. If you're gonna hand out red cards for that, retrospectively or not, that to me negates what actual violent conduct is (biting, intentional elbows to the face, punching an opponent, studs high up intentionally etc). 

If that's classed as violent conduct, then so is what Fuchs did to Sanchez (even though the latter deserved it for his fannying around at a throw in). And that wasn't violent conduct at the time either. 

It's violent because he's DELIBERATELY hit a player in the head. If you raise your hands and slap someone in the head, no matter how hard, it's a red card. This is just an extension of that. 

Edited by The Bear

10 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

I'm shocked that anyone not supporting Arsenal would actually side with them in this debate. Man City for me have always been innocuous, mainly because their fan's are either non-verbal or just few and far between (not a dig). I've never felt any distain for them, they just go about their business. The charges are the charges and they might get done, but until then enjoy the footy they play, it's simply once in a generation type stuff.

Arsenal on the other hand....wow they don't half breed some questionable fanatics. Missing link type lunatics :D. Happy to pile onto them, and that Arteta is an insufferable piece of work, horrid!

I’ve hated them since Rodney Fern’s disallowed cup goal in ‘71 I think it was. They were lucky Arsenal then . Great to see Man City’s equaliser foiling their blatant time wasting! I mean Rayer collecting easy balls and then falling to the floor all second half! Hopefully we’ll give Arteta something to moan about Saturday, it is blind hope though!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ceebeefox said:

I’ve hated them since Rodney Fern’s disallowed cup goal in ‘71 I think it was. They were lucky Arsenal then . Great to see Man City’s equaliser foiling their blatant time wasting! I mean Rayer collecting easy balls and then falling to the floor all second half! Hopefully we’ll give Arteta something to moan about Saturday, it is blind hope though!

When they celebrated like they'd won the league in 15/16 after that Welbeck dagger. Been a bogey team of ours for as long as I can remember, no Leicester fan should like them ha

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

When they celebrated like they'd won the league in 15/16 after that Welbeck dagger. Been a bogey team of ours for as long as I can remember, no Leicester fan should like them ha

did ok against them after winning the league. beat them 3 times under rodgers alone and i think a couple of wins with puel

37 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It's violent because he's DELIBERATELY hit a player in the head. If you raise your hands and slap someone in the head, no matter how hard, it's a red card. This is just an extension of that. 

With a ball. 

He's not gone up to him and punched him from behind. 

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Absolutely no problem with Haaland flattening Partey - deserves everything he gets

Throwing the ball at Gabriel was just funny

100%. Parteys a ****ing rapist who's getting away scot free because he's rich, if other rich people wanna take chunks out of him I'm gonna cheer them on

• Like 3