Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

Honestly how the **** did we go from where we were 2 years ago to being sat here envious of the signings Ipswich have made?

I absolutely hate this attitude of some fans that we've always been a certain way as a club and to suggest we should be any better than teams like Ipswich is arrogant. Where we were had so much potential to be something big for a long sustained period. And we totally blew it. 

Personally I'm not, other then Philips.

Best to judge a window six months later.

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

They talk this bolx every summer window though, they're not filling any of us. We've sold £100m worth of players in both the last two seasons. We could spend big if we wanted but the club don't want to do that. 

I’m sure you’ll sign one or two once Mendes has decided which of his selection of players he can get a juicy cut from.

The problem I see for you guys and the associated mid-to-lower pack is the teams in that immediate group above will be hard to displace - and even if you do, there’s little glory in finishing 10th! 

And with PSR the way it is - there’s not much budgetary room to have a go in bridging that gap.

That can in turn, lead to a bit of stagnation, maybe a bit of complacency and before you know it, you’re in a bit of a scrap at the wrong end of the table.

5 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Honestly how the **** did we go from where we were 2 years ago to being sat here envious of the signings Ipswich have made?

I absolutely hate this attitude of some fans that we've always been a certain way as a club and to suggest we should be any better than teams like Ipswich is arrogant. Where we were had so much potential to be something big for a long sustained period. And we totally blew it. 

I think this notion misses one huge issue we had during that period - our income streams were never strong enough to sustain our top 6-8 position. 

You also have to consider clubs like Villa, Newcastle and West Ham - all with stronger income basis - were in a process of sorting out their years of serious mis-management and under funding whilst we were enjoying success.

In a way we did really well to gain success from a core of a team that was initially built in the Championship and ride the evolution of what was an older squad into a new one with continued success for a few years after that.