Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

10 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

I hate that I feel slightly better about our prospects after watching other 'rival' teams play. Everton, Ipswich and Southampton in particular looking like hot garbage.

Everyone always seems like world beaters with the deals they do until they kick a ball and the season gets going. I think it's gonna be a long hard season but I don't think it's quite as desperate as others have made out, if Cooper has anything about him I think he can get something out of these players to give us a fighting chance.

• Like 2

Just now, FoxTimmy2 said:

Southampton will go down this season. I'm surprised they haven't signed a new goal keeper.

They’ll play nice football and dominate but teams will do a job on them. Same thing if enzo would have stayed here 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

You didn't watch Lens did you 

I get that we can only go off what we see but preseason friendlies have always been such a poor indicator of where anyone is at. Your a week out, players don't want to exert themselves at risk of picking up a knock, the managers trying things while results don't matter. Go to town after Monday.

7 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

Southampton will go down this season. I'm surprised they haven't signed a new goal keeper.

Ward??

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

It doesn't matter. Under Dyche they'll grind out enough wins, scoring 60% of their goals off set pieces. 

Maybe they'll be saved by our points deduction!#

Though the word is they might have one themselves.  Their lineup looks piss, Branthwaite is injured, Young just got a red. They look like they've had a worse window than us.

For next season just book local friendlies against Notts County, Chesterfield, Burton and Northampton then a home game against a world class team. We have a bit of confidence built up and it doesn't matter the score in the last game.

The fact we've struggled so badly against Ausburg and Lens has massively deflated everyone. After seeing how shit some teams played today we should be so buzzing for Monday.