Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

4 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

Very mixed feelings about our charge up that table from 2015-2021 

Look, at least it came with something that will last forever.

There’s many a club that have taken a gamble and ended up with absolutely nothing to show for it.

What I felt that tweet also highlighted however - we simply performed massively outside of our station and that maintaining our position in and around the top 6 was never going to be sustainable because we simply don’t have the income base to support that ambition.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soar Fox said:

Man City, Premier league & Fa cup

Liverpool, League cup

Relegation

Leicester

Brentford

Ipswich 

First manager sacked, Enzo Maresca

I’m the opposite - I get the feeling he’s going to do rather well with this Chelsea side.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Also, I would love for us to target the League Cup this season.

Vardy deserves to complete the full domestic set before he retires. 

stay up and target getting far in the cups, with the potential signings linked we should have a deep enough squad. if it all doesn't come true then we'll have to just focus on the league.

56 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Him and Reece James seeing who can earn the most by being injured 

d824d946-9a6b-4874-8a83-1158e7755174.jpeg

At this point, he must have spent more of his career injured than available. 

• Like 1

Winners : Manchester City 

Top 4: Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool

Relegated : Leicester, Forest, Southampton

POTS : Haaland

MOTS : Pep

YPOTS : Bobb

Golden boot : Haaland

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Some chatter of an incoming transfer ban for chelsea

lol remember the last one. You're banned from transfers but by the way here's a year to get anyone you need in first.

Looking at the last two years this is probably the best thing that could happen to them.

20 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Palmer's Chelsea contract extended to 2033

TWENTY THIRTY THREE

I wasn't ready to see that year in a sentence on my newsfeed.

:surrender:

Having overspent, and continuing to overspend, Chelsea are rummaging at the bottom of the American-franchise-owner bag of tricks.

Offering long contracts to players you can't afford in the first place is a common NFL tactic.  Can't re-sign your star quarterback and pay a decent squad and stay under the salary cap?   Sign the QB for a stupid number of years, pay him what you can for the next year or two, then inflate his wages in the outyears, commonly known as "dead years".  (Chelsea must be trying to spread Palmer's transfer fee over more years to reduce the hit this year and next.)

Doesn't this screw you when you finally get to the "dead years" and the piper needs paid?  Of course.  But by then the NFL salary cap will be much higher, loosening the straitjacket.  And you can often re-negotiate a salary downward if the player is desperate to stay in the league.

Of course, if you're a clueless football club owner (signing a neophyte manager and telling him to figure out how to use 50 random players may be a sign of this) and keep missing ECL revenues ... your revenues and FFP cap will drop, not rise.  And footballers are mostly quite determined to collect their wages in semi-retirement.

OOPS.  Might this plan have a flaw?

Edited by KingsX

52 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

How long will this last before the communication breaks down?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cwyj7y89yq4o

The best bit is, they can just pay for a bunch of blue tick pricks to agree with every decision and let Xitter do the rest by burying everyone else's replies.