Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

3 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

That's just a clear penalty, isn't it? Cash threw himself towards the ball, didn't get anywhere near it and collided with the west ham player. Straightforward decision.

He's literally got a touch on the ball... 

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I was surprised to see so many people think they’d “struggle” just because of CL. Still got a good setup, good squad and a good manager.

Wait until the Champions League games start - they can be a massive distraction because of how much a focal point those games can be and how mundane a trip to Brighton / Wolves / Forest can feel in comparison.

I feel the league/pundits don't know what they want from VAR.

We've had absolute fine tooth comb to try to get the correct decision. Criticised for taking too long and missing things.

Now moved to giving the on field ref more power, criticised for a call based on opinion. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He's literally got a touch on the ball... 

Touching the ball isn't definitive though.  He's not got enough on it. If he doesn't take Soucek down he's not taken the ball away from Soucek by getting a touch.  Vardy has got pens before when people have got slight touches but not taken it off him.

Remember in our title winning year when Francis (Bournemouth) was sent off for a foul on Vardy, even though he got a slight touch.  The touch didn't take the ball away from Vardy and he brought him down in the follow through.

This isn't clear cut either way.

• Like 1

Thinking about the starting 11 for Monday and trying to be positive in the wake of the Lens debacle. We should have 7 experienced PL players and 4 really talented youngsters. I know I'm clutching at straws but ever the optimist.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We've had absolute fine tooth comb to try to get the correct decision. Criticised for taking too long and missing things.

Now moved to giving the on field ref more power, criticised for a call based on opinion. 

yep, you either use it or you dont. if they dont use it for a wrong decision then theyre gonna get called out anyway

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This basically allows them to call what they want, now let's say the league is corrupted ( although we don't like to believe it ) they can allow a soft pen without it being questioned.

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

This basically allows them to call what they want, now let's say the league is corrupted ( although we don't like to believe it ) they can allow a soft pen without it being questioned.

Even without VAR they called what they want.

You can manipulate anything and everything with the right amount of power/influence. 

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

yep, you either use it or you dont. if they dont use it for a wrong decision then theyre gonna get called out anyway

Pretty much. Admittedly they've used it poorly a lot of times, we don't know how to use it effectively 

21 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Even without VAR they called what they want.

You can manipulate anything and everything with the right amount of power/influence. 

Pretty much. Admittedly they've used it poorly a lot of times, we don't know how to use it effectively 

They are also influenced by home fans if that was at Villa I doubt he even gives it