Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

14 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

God Alex McCarthy is shit. how do Southampton have nothing but shit keepers?

Can't remember the last decent keeper they had.

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Forster was good about a decade ago, before that probably Niemi

Even Forster turned shit when he was there lol

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Everton, Ipswich, Forest, Bournemouth, Southampton and Wolves all looking like they are in for long seasons.

If we were half competent I'd back us to stay up.

Have you seen us in preseason? we look positively league 1 at best. 

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I know i’m in the minority but I actually think he is the best defender (ability wise) he just has a huge concentration issue. If he stays switched on for 90 hes clear of every other defender at the club and that’s backed up statistically.  His duel numbers in the prem before were incredibly high.  

If we could stop him missing rogue headers or forgetting to challenge or swinging a wild  boot… he’d be quite the player.  

I understand why people don’t rate him but i’d rather gamble on a good game from faes than you play the mediocrity that we have :dunno:

That's probably his biggest issue, he has lapses in concentration, or brain farts, you get punished in games with fine margins in the Prem. He's also a bit of a wimp, does that half leg block thing too often. He gets turned by pace to often. 

I think a stable mediocre player who doesn't have lapses would be better. People wouldn't have thought Morgan was more than mediocre but he was strong and solid. It won't happen and we will be relegated with him playing though as a lot of managers seem to pick him. 

21 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I know i’m in the minority but I actually think he is the best defender (ability wise) he just has a huge concentration issue. If he stays switched on for 90 hes clear of every other defender at the club and that’s backed up statistically.  His duel numbers in the prem before were incredibly high.  

If we could stop him missing rogue headers or forgetting to challenge or swinging a wild  boot… he’d be quite the player.  

I understand why people don’t rate him but i’d rather gamble on a good game from faes than you play the mediocrity that we have :dunno:

"If he stays switched on for 90 minutes he's clear if every other defender at the club."

But he doesn't? You can't say if someone does something they don't do then they're decent? 

"That striker who never bags is class, if he scored goals he'd be ahead of any striker we've got!"

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

"If he stays switched on for 90 minutes he's clear if every other defender at the club."

But he doesn't? You can't say if someone does something they don't do then they're decent? 

"That striker who never bags is class, if he scored goals he'd be ahead of any striker we've got!"

It is something that can be improved on and he can be coached to make better decisions though.  I just think if you get 3 solid games and one calamitous that’s better than we’d get from the other cbs at the club… even if that one bad game is an absolute stinker 

Dont get me wrong i’d love to replace him for someone more consistent but I don’t think we have that on the horizon or at the club. We desperately need to get Nelson out on loan as a long term solution  

Edited by Lambert09

9 hours ago, MPH said:

to be fair, Everton have given me a glimmer of hope as well…

Also, not sure if you  your the Liverpool Ipswich game, but second half was total control for Liverpool and they perhaps should have had more… Ipswich heads seemed to go down a bit which was very encouraging :D . Im not sure McKenna has enough magic left in his wardrobe for this season..

I was hoping that having that start of Liverpool and then Man City would batter the confidence but at the same time I didn’t really gain any confidence from that one as even when we were a good prem team losing 2-0 at home to Liverpool wouldn’t shock anybody. 

Jury is still out on Ipswich for me until they play somebody they should probably pick up points from. As for Everton, they will avoid the drop they somehow always do and I hate them for it.

9 hours ago, Lionator said:

Leif Davis is going to be torn apart week after week at this level. Cannot defend. 

I imagine that was the though process behind them bringing in Ben Johnson who I imagine will be starting in the not too distant future.

I think there’s a few crumbs of comfort, I thought a number of teams looked very poor. My Forest mate said they looked dog shit and have lost Danilo for the season it seems. Wolves didn’t look brilliant, Southampton looked like they were being managed by Brussel Martin, Everton look horrendous and Ipswich for the endeavour they have are still a championship team. One thing that is worth mentioning, they all appear to want to play the same way…. They all look to retain possession (Ipswich less so) and all are getting punished. I just hope Cooper has the sense to know this won’t work, and we go back to basics a bit. Now more than ever, football focused emphasising on a fast transition. 

We’ve got the ingredients to do this, two electric wingers and wing backs, and can if we want to put together a half decent defence. We lack a proper number 9, but hopefully that can be remedied over the coming weeks. 

Cooper just needs to be brave and do what he knows is right.

Edited by Pliskin

If the club can make some good decisions with transfers in the next 2 weeks and if we only get deducted a maximum of 6 points (4 would be ideal given we are clearly guilty so have to take a hit for 22/23 season) there are signs looking at the other teams we could stay up. If is doing a lot of the heavy lifting though! 

23 minutes ago, Winstonthedog said:

Poor ownership.... poor off field decisions ... lost touch with the fans .... sounding very familiar 

It's not so much that, they're just the most boring club in football. They haven't even had the decency to be relegated. If football was a theme park we'd be the rollercoaster and they'd be the hook-a-duck.

• Haha 1

Albrighton on 5 live currently; describing Enzo and the management staff as very isolated from the players last year.

Named Adam Saddler as being a big loss when he left, also said how good BR was at being linked and welcoming to the players with both personal and football issues.

Gave reference to Shakey being the master at it.

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Albrighton on 5 live currently; describing Enzo and the management staff as very isolated from the players last year.

Named Adam Saddler as being a big loss when he left, also said how good BR was at being linked and welcoming to the players with both personal and football issues.

Gave reference to Shakey being the master at it.

I wonder if this was part of the problem with Rodgers? And it could be where a lot of the delusions came from within the squad? Being a good psychological manager is good until it needs freshening up after a couple of years and Brendan proved that he couldn’t do that and/or the board threw him under the bus with regard to new players. 

Edited by Lionator