Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

13 minutes ago, beastfootballx said:

Why did the referee blow? Looked a perfectly good goal to me

Foul on Will Hughes (who was actually the one absorbing the contact).  Very poor call.

note:  Samuel Barrot -- has refereed less than 20 PL matches.

If he keeps this up, they’ll bust him back to the Championship along with us.

Edited by KingsX

16 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Surely it's relevant as if he hadn't blown the whistle so early, the goal may have been allowed with VAR getting involved?

Tbh, the replays I saw looked like hughes was blocking the defender. If that absolutely was 100% not the case then the var could have over ruled without the whistle being blown. Assume the ref was too keen  to implement the new rules 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s a three year rolling total - I think it’s irrelevant that year 3 was in the champ 

It does as we weren't a PL club so we don't come under their rules for that period so don't have to summit a PL PSR calculation.

For 22/23, we were in the PL so had to submit and pass PSR calculation for 20/21-21/22-22/23 cycle.

We don't have to do submit a PL PSR submission for 23/24 as we are in the Championship and have to adhere to their rules and have to do a submission to the EFL.

In 24/25 we are in the PL again so will have to submit a calculation for PSR cycle for 22/23-23/24-24/25 which then does use the 23/24  championship season as part of the calculation.

The PL uses accounts for the calculation PSR from when clubs are outside of the PL but they are only interested in the outcome when you are in the PL.

There only interest in our Championship season will be for the PSR calculation at the end of this season.

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They didn’t break three year rolling psr in the championship - that occurred end of their first year in PL. 

That's what trying to say but maybe not very clearly.

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It does as we weren't a PL club so we don't come under their rules for that period so don't have to summit a PL PSR calculation.

For 22/23, we were in the PL so had to submit and pass PSR calculation for 20/21-21/22-22/23 cycle.

We don't have to do submit a PL PSR submission for 23/24 as we are in the Championship and have to adhere to their rules and have to do a submission to the EFL.

In 24/25 we are in the PL again so will have to submit a calculation for PSR cycle for 22/23-23/24-24/25 which then does use the 23/24  championship season as part of the calculation.

The PL uses accounts for the calculation PSR from when clubs are outside of the PL but they are only interested in the outcome when you are in the PL.

There only interest in our Championship season will be for the PSR calculation at the end of this season.

That's what trying to say but maybe not very clearly.

I mentioned in the psr thread that we would argue we don’t  have to submit an accelerated set of accounts to the PL as were an efl club. so we likely won’t get any charge relating to 30 June 2024 period heard and implemented  this season (unless we want to and assuming we breached). 
I think it was reported last season that the PL can enforce EFL sanctions and vice versa. I assume that to avoid some pretty crude avoidance of the rules in the championship that the PL will charge based on efl season ending. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

I mentioned in the psr thread that we would argue we don’t  have to submit an accelerated set of accounts to the PL as were an efl club. so we likely won’t get any charge relating to 30 June 2024 period heard and implemented  this season (unless we want to and assuming we breached). 
I think it was reported last season that the PL can enforce EFL sanctions and vice versa. I assume that to avoid some pretty crude avoidance of the rules in the championship that the PL will charge based on efl season ending. 

What advantages does it have for the PL to enforce a EFL sanction?  It just gives them more crap to deal with.

I think it very telling PL CEO Richard Masters, they need to sort things as per this quote below.

"So we're not talking about financial regulations and rules all the time, but we're talking about football. That's what we would prefer and that's what we want to get back to and that's what we're driving towards."

I don't think there will be any appetite to deal with stuff that isn't theirs to deal with.

Sheffield U were sanctioned by the EFL mid season but there points deduction was carried over to this seasons EFL.

In two minds ahead of Chelsea v Man City, I don't watch Man City games because they bore the shit out of me (as most teams do in this era, trying to poorly imitate it), but might watch this as it could/should quite well be a schooling for Maresca.

Or it could be an incredibly dull match of the two styles.

Especially if Man City get an early goal, you just know Pep will make his team take the foot off the gas because he doesn't want to embarrass his mate, then it'll just be a game of passing round the back. :yawn: 

Edited by Matt

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

What advantages does it have for the PL to enforce a EFL sanction?  It just gives them more crap to deal with.

I think it very telling PL CEO Richard Masters, they need to sort things as per this quote below.

"So we're not talking about financial regulations and rules all the time, but we're talking about football. That's what we would prefer and that's what we want to get back to and that's what we're driving towards."

I don't think there will be any appetite to deal with stuff that isn't theirs to deal with.

Sheffield U were sanctioned by the EFL mid season but there points deduction was carried over to this seasons EFL.

The three year rolling psr total surely has to be implemented by the PL - otherwise you potentially have a championship club suddenly spending a hundred million more than all the other clubs in an attempt to get to the PL. 

Sheff Utd was not a psr issue. I think it was specifically an efl one. ???

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

In two minds ahead of Chelsea v Man City, I don't watch Man City games because they bore the shit out of me (as most teams do in this era, trying to poorly imitate it), but might watch this as it could/should quite well be a schooling for Maresca.

Especially if Man City get an early goal, you just know Pep will make his team take the foot off the gas because he doesn't want to embarrass his mate, then it'll just be a game of passing round the back. :yawn: 

Maybe a 4-4 classic like last  season ?!

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Such a weird statement to throw out after being dropped for one game 

Enzo has about a hundred players to choose from. Can't select them all.

21 minutes ago, Matt said:

Chelsea win today - impressively too (at least that’s my prediction).

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

That’s definitely a “I want a transfer!” statement, just without the actual words “I want a transfer” so that he doesn’t lose out on any bonuses/clauses he would get from a non-requested transfer statement. 

There’s also a bit of “how dare you!” and “do you not know who I am?” in there for good measure.

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Embarrassing

Edited by Tuna

On 13/08/2024 at 17:39, pmcla26 said:

Predictions? 

1. Man City 

2. Arsenal 

3. Liverpool

4. Chelsea

5. Man United

6. Tottenham 

7. Newcastle 

8. Villa 

9. West Ham 

10. Brighton 

11. Palace 

12. Wolves 

13. Fulham 

14. Everton 

15. Leicester

16. Brentford

17. Bournemouth 

18. Forest 

19. Southampton 

20. Ipswich 

Haaland top scorer (obviously), Palmer POTS, Mainoo YPOTS. 

I think highest we will be this season 

Screenshot_20240818_185732_BBC Sport.jpg