Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

20 minutes ago, The Bear said:

That only works until it doesn't and you suddenly get relegated. Then their asset is worth nothing and all the best players have to leave. 

Well I know what that feels like.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Well everyone knows wolves have a wedge in their back pocket so makes sense to brief a well respected journo that they’re still broke - otherwise they’ll be expected to pay inflated fees 

I think it more likely that the owners have realised there’s no value in chasing anything in the league any more and are removing the cream off the top into their own pockets before selling the club.

58 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Well everyone knows wolves have a wedge in their back pocket so makes sense to brief a well respected journo that they’re still broke - otherwise they’ll be expected to pay inflated fees 

Did someone just mention pretending not to have a lot of money to spend and moaning about it?

dyche.png.be2372465bc2024d98aaa5ff21baa192.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

It's bullshit of course. £200m worth of sales in the last two seasons and they keep gaslighting fans with FFP bullshit. 

We need a CB and right winger to replace Neto. If we get those I think we can make top 10.

oh hey, that sounds familiar. Your wage budget spiraled out of control by any chance?

Murphy on Talksport says Brereton Diaz has embarrassed his friends and family after his altercation with Schar lol

And that he was on the retrospective panel for the PL a few seasons ago which probably explains a lot lol

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

It's bullshit of course. £200m worth of sales in the last two seasons and they keep gaslighting fans with FFP bullshit. 

We need a CB and right winger to replace Neto. If we get those I think we can make top 10.

We've sold over £600m worth of players are still in the sh1t. It'll be the wages that are killing you, I suspect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I think it more likely that the owners have realised there’s no value in chasing anything in the league any more and are removing the cream off the top into their own pockets before selling the club.

They can't do that as it'd be in the accounts. What they can do is call back money invested by the owners in terms of loans/equity. But it's pointless doing that as it's harming their own brand and putting it's value at risk. More likely they want a healthy bank balance and cash flow to attract new owners. 

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

You’re fooling yourself - you’re one of us now, alongside Everton! 

I just want us to be run like a normal club, not some basket case like Everton who are in real danger of admin thanks to massive debts. We have none of that yet we're being told there's no money in the pot, even though everyone can clearly see the club generating it's own revenue through transfer profits. 

I think it's clear they'd like to sell. China doesn't want foreign investment in football clubs any more, and this is the result. Protect and inflate the books, whilst spending the minimum amount to stay a PL club, and hope for a buyer. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Murphy on Talksport says Brereton Diaz has embarrassed his friends and family after his altercation with Schar lol

And that he was on the retrospective panel for the PL a few seasons ago which probably explains a lot lol

Stephen Warnock said the same ..

8 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Does anyone ever wonder if Wes Fofana was another dud signing and we just got incredibly lucky? 

I know it could just be the injury but he is honking at the basics of defending 

He has been crocked by injuries the past few years. You can't forget how good he was in that 20/21 season as a 19 year old, without injuries I've no doubt he'd go on to become one of the best. Shame he's a massive nob.

• Like 2

Does anyone ever wonder if Wes Fofana was another dud signing and we just got incredibly lucky? 

Nah. If he didn't get that pre season injury with us he'd have gone to the very top.

Bellend, but a very good player. As it is he's probably at his ceiling now and any more serious injuries could be curtains for him.

I dunno, I was convinced he was the best defender i'd ever seen for quite some time. Genuinely think he's just broken.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Bear said:

FFP is a nice cover for owners who asset strip, wont invest etc.

4 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Chelsea signing Felix. To be fair though, they are short in a few positions. 

I have little sympathy for their fans but the whole transfer dealings are ludicrous. A total scatter gun approach.

On 19/08/2024 at 18:28, StanSP said:

He embarrassed himself a lot more by changing his name, declaring himself for Chile and then not bothering to learn a single word of Spanish. Idiot.

On 19/08/2024 at 09:07, Leicesterpool said:

Some footballers think they have entitlement to be first name on the team sheet and act hard done by. Players need to earn their place, Sterling as terrible over the last year. Move to Chelsea move been a disaster. Releasing statements is pathetic, accept you need to do better. If its not happening then go to the manager privately and say you may need more game if not here then a loan move and don't be so fussy where you go next. 

I love that footballers have a 'spokesperson' like they're the frickin president.

1 minute ago, brucey said:

And the journos are grilling poor KDH about it

I didn't watch past the daft **** at the start assuming KDH had never played in Europe lol 

• Haha 1