Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

One of palace’s owners is trying to buy Everton so he’ll want to be bought out of palace.  Could they be taking money in to make it possible for the club to buy some of the shares rather than the other owners?   I guess we’ll see how many more leave this week and who comes in 

I did wonder that myself - but surely not? 

They have left themselves in a vulnerable position somewhat however.

6 minutes ago, Iwebema said:

Interesting, I haven't gone into it in detail, but from the outside in it just looks very odd. At risk of doing what we did, take a season off because we are too good to go down.🫠

3 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I did wonder that myself - but surely not? 

They have left themselves in a vulnerable position somewhat however.

Olise was a release clause 

Anderson - maybe he told them he wouldn’t sign another deal so get what you can now 

they’ve hung onto eze 

ghehi is the interesting one - if Newcastle meet the 65m then do they agree so late in the window?  Chalobah from Chelsea is an obvious CB to bring in.  I’m sure they can find a couple of fellas to bring in from Europe 

tbf, at this time they’ve only lost two of their starters 

Now we have a week of seeing spurs fans all over the place getting excited after beating one of the worse teams in the league . Everton will be in big trouble this season( hopefully)

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Might be being honest but Everton fans won’t like it .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cz07xdk1ylno

They are in an absolute mess - even if the Palace guy takes over, which clearly won’t be a quick process because he’s got to disinvest from Palace first.

I’m also sure that once he gets a proper look at the books he’ll pull out.

4 hours ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Villa are very powerful. Will be tough next week.

look forward to vardy winding up Martinez 

Tielemans v Skipp/Winks will be interesting.

He still lives in Quorn.

Pretty sure I heard two mad stats earlier on MOTD. 

Everton haven't won a league game in August since 2021. 

Everton haven't won away in this calendar year so far. 

Their next two are Villa on 14th Sept and then...us on 21st Sept... 

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Genuinely really really hope Everton go down this year. Its been on the cards for so, so long. 

If they go down you'd imagine they'd tank pretty hard. No-one would want to buy them as a non Prem club with all their debt, so it'd be administration and a lot of pain. Fire sale, everyone losing their jobs (unfortunately), relegation to League One, find a new owner who'd be willing to buy them on the cheap, and then ages to get back to the PL. 

I for one say bring it on. About time their fan base got a bit of a humbling. 

• Like 1

all you hear on social media (rightly) is questions on why man city haven’t been charged yet but I find it just as odd how Paquetta is still playing after the evidence was found against his betting? 

It seems huge double standards again that the minute information seemed to come out against tonali and toney both were banned pretty quickly… paquetta seems to be far more guilty than both of those and the premier league is twiddling their thumbs and letting him contribute. Maybe i’ve missed something in the case but he actually bet on his own teams games right? 

Feels like double standards again. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Pretty sure I heard two mad stats earlier on MOTD. 

Everton haven't won a league game in August since 2021. 

Everton haven't won away in this calendar year so far. 

Their next two are Villa on 14th Sept and then...us on 21st Sept... 

the ever obliging Leicester city

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

all you hear on social media (rightly) is questions on why man city haven’t been charged yet but I find it just as odd how Paquetta is still playing after the evidence was found against his betting? 

It seems huge double standards again that the minute information seemed to come out against tonali and toney both were banned pretty quickly… paquetta seems to be far more guilty than both of those and the premier league is twiddling their thumbs and letting him contribute. Maybe i’ve missed something in the case but he actually bet on his own teams games right? 

Feels like double standards again. 

You’re essentially reacting to this aren’t you 😂

• Haha 1