Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

4 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I honestly don't see football in the same light any more. VAR has given the officials an excuse to do as they please by technicality, and for some reason they're all happy to oblige. In what world is that handball?

looked like the Newcastle

player’s shoulder to me, not the Bournemouth player 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

If we had signed 1-2 genuinely good players this summer we would be set to avoid relegation. A little bit of quality can go a long way.

An element of truth but I think the distinct lack of quality around that would drown out the good though. But I get what you mean, most clubs have some garbage 

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Has the handball rule changed? Dawson did the same for West Ham v us two years ago and it was given.

I don't think anybody knows what's happening. They've ruined the sport big time. I don't blame the officials though, this is their agenda. I blame the fans who are paying massive money to watch this dross. We should boycott the sport until they bring back the rules of offside, handball etc from the 80s and 90s. And while they're at it scrap the 5 subs and go back to 3. 

Personally I'm not having fun watching football right now. I'd rather watch baseball. 

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Good results today, overall.  Would have preferred a Newcastle win.  Chelsea demolishing Wolves made me laugh, hoping they join us in the relegation battle.

Based on xG the previous season, thought they and Fulham would most likely be in the mix along with Everton as their squad has gone backwards, along with the promoted sides. 

• Like 2

Who can honestly say they are looking forward to this season with all the struggles we will have. Premier league is a poison chalice - you want to get there but it's not really enjoyable. It's dominated now by the top 4/6. Much preferred the Championship. 

14 minutes ago, copunk said:

Another reason why I cannot stand this league 

As with Faes goal yesterday, they look for any excuse to wipe goals out 

Ridiculous 

they didn't look for an excuse to rule Faes goal out? the lino flagged and VAR said that was dubious and gave the ref the view to overrule the lino and give the goal

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Corky said:

Has the handball rule changed? Dawson did the same for West Ham v us two years ago and it was given.

Exactly. I haven’t read the T shirt interpretation has been removed. Ball can only have hit him on his sleeve so goal is good. 

4 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Watching Brentford, they would smash us 

Really? I’m watching them thinking how shit they are. 

To be fair, this weekend of football for how utterly dreadful we were gives me hope. There’s so much shit in this division, and if we get our arses into gear we’re capable of finishing above a handful of teams. 

Everton, Forest, Wolves, Ipswich, Southampton, all look very ropey…. With Everton and Wolves looking particularly poor. 

Brentford, Fulham, Palace and West Ham although they won’t be drawn into a relegation battle, don’t look particularly great themselves. 

If we can get some kind of plan together, and bring in a couple of decent players over the next week (a striker at the very least) there’s enough in this team to stay up. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fox forever said:

image.thumb.png.57369fff2139ca5319f63e3a438fbc27.pngimage.thumb.png.57369fff2139ca5319f63e3a438fbc27.pngAll depends on how long a short sleeve shirt is. If it comes to just short of elbow it could hit at dnd of sleeve and still be given handball. Open to so much interpretation. 

Pretty sure "sleeve" is just a phrase, the line is inline with the armpit.