Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

6 minutes ago, Fox forever said:

image.thumb.png.57369fff2139ca5319f63e3a438fbc27.pngimage.thumb.png.57369fff2139ca5319f63e3a438fbc27.pngAll depends on how long a short sleeve shirt is. If it comes to just short of elbow it could hit at dnd of sleeve and still be given handball. Open to so much interpretation. 

So confusiing!  Why do the handballs in the top row leave me limp, while the ones in the bottom row remind me of a @Jattdogg post?

18 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Really? I’m watching them thinking how shit they are. 

To be fair, this weekend of football for how utterly dreadful we were gives me hope. There’s so much shit in this division, and if we get our arses into gear we’re capable of finishing above a handful of teams. 

Everton, Forest, Wolves, Ipswich, Southampton, all look very ropey…. With Everton and Wolves looking particularly poor. 

Brentford, Fulham, Palace and West Ham although they won’t be drawn into a relegation battle, don’t look particularly great themselves. 

If we can get some kind of plan together, and bring in a couple of decent players over the next week (a striker at the very least) there’s enough in this team to stay up. 

Those blue tinted apecs need a clean.  Our manager plays to shit house without purpose.  This team has method and purpose, we have none.  I will bet you, put your money where ur mouth is.

Edited by Dr The Singh

In fact I think he's watching the game blind. He thought Zirkzee didn't get a touch for Garnacho's goal initially, and then considered that Diallo's shot might have gone in cleanly without a deflection... 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Really? I’m watching them thinking how shit they are. 

To be fair, this weekend of football for how utterly dreadful we were gives me hope. There’s so much shit in this division, and if we get our arses into gear we’re capable of finishing above a handful of teams. 

Everton, Forest, Wolves, Ipswich, Southampton, all look very ropey…. With Everton and Wolves looking particularly poor. 

Brentford, Fulham, Palace and West Ham although they won’t be drawn into a relegation battle, don’t look particularly great themselves. 

If we can get some kind of plan together, and bring in a couple of decent players over the next week (a striker at the very least) there’s enough in this team to stay up. 

Not sure I agree with this. There isn’t much shit in the division at all, it’s a tough league.

Fulham looked a good side to me yesterday, yet only finished 13th last year. Levels above us anyway.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Not sure I agree with this. There isn’t much shit in the division at all, it’s a tough league.

Fulham looked a good side to me yesterday, yet only finished 13th last year. Levels above us anyway.

I respectfully don’t agree. I didn’t think much to Fulham. First half we just gave them far too much respect and made them look good. Second half they really didn’t kick on at all, and it was largely thanks to our absolute incompetence that they won. I honestly thought at 1-1 we had half a chance, but we too never kicked on ourselves. Fulham are alright, but I think we really overestimate the quality of the premier league sometimes. I’m not suggesting we’re good however, under Cooper we’re going to suck.

2 hours ago, Fox forever said:

Exactly. I haven’t read the T shirt interpretation has been removed. Ball can only have hit him on his sleeve so goal is good. 

If that had been at the other end it would have been given …. Corrupt premier league strikes again

26 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Remember when Johnathan Pearce had a full on breakdown over goal line technology at the 2014 world cup, absolutely goated 

lmao this still cracks me up

"goodness me they've changed their minds" lol 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Feed The Yak!! said:

Half on Okoli who can't even get in the team. Don't want to write players off but it seems like torrid business.

it’s like the club are trying to do things the right way but don’t know how to.  There is no actual plan in place.  Essentially they are buying a young player with big potential, now that’s fine when you have a strategy, like brighton do. So if we signed him with an idea that he’d take a season to adjust or that he’s be going out on loan, then fine. But as we’ve seen with Cannon it appears we just sign to sign.  

Everyone raised an eyebrow when we signed him because we were overloaded at cb and vestergarde just signed a new deal, the path was already blocked. So for a team with limited resources to spend that much, it has to be for an upgrade to the first team. 

What’s happened, just like with cannon, the manager doesn’t really rate the player and neither were signed to loan out to improve and the path for a young cb to break into a relegation fight is really a harsh road.

What’s the best that could happen, we get relegated and he gets minutes and turns out half decent? even then his value won’t be what we paid. It’s just on the surface brain dead recruitment and i heard someone coin the phrase “young dan amartey” and that stings because it looks bang on

Edited by Lambert09