Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Watching MOTD and specifically there Brentford v Saints game, reckon this is what it would have been like for us if Enzo was still here?

Hard to think otherwise tbh, and I was a big supporter of Enzo.

Watching the extended highlights just underlines how underrated and efficient a manager Thomas Frank is, he totally outplayed Martin. He took a team with a minuscule budget, got them promoted to the Premier League, stabilised them, and is still getting the best out of them with the 18th lowest budget in the league.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Watching MOTD and jesus Christ there really are some shite teams in the league. Everton and Southampton in particular are atrocious. Just a shame we are too

Everton will never go down, they'll sack Dyche after maybe 10 games , if things don't improve ,  then in will come Moyes who will keep them up.

Rinse and repeat

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Watching MOTD and specifically there Brentford v Saints game, reckon this is what it would have been like for us if Enzo was still here?

Hard to think otherwise tbh, and I was a big supporter of Enzo.

This would've absolutely been us under Enzo. Burnley got 24 pts last season playing this way, Saints won't even manage that. 

• Like 3

What happened to the rule about assistants and coaches at the front of the dugout? 

Has it been taken away? 

Villa's assistant was pretty much always at the front alongside Emery yesterday. 

Tindall today is pretty much joined at the hip with Howe as standard still. 

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What happened to the rule about assistants and coaches at the front of the dugout? 

Has it been taken away? 

Villa's assistant was pretty much always at the front alongside Emery yesterday. 

Gone the same way as only captains to approach referees. Are then any laws that the refs always follow consistently and I'm not even thinking about the subjective ones.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Has it been taken away? 

Also the ref kept telling Villa to stop time wasting , they kept doing it and he did nothing. 

Not blaming him for our defeat though

Reality kicking in for Chelsea I guess. Restricted mostly to potshots against a fairly average defence despite bossing possession. As we saw plenty of last season, they're all fart, no shit.

Which begs the question - @The Bear what were your lot playing at last week?  

I recon this will be the relegation battle teams right here. This is who we will be fighting for survival against come next Spring. 

Who do you fancy to go down. I’d love to see Everton go down. 

IMG_5041.jpeg

Edited by Mr.Bingles

9 minutes ago, Mr.Bingles said:

I recon this will be the relegation battle teams right here. This is who we will be fighting for survival against come next Spring. 

IMG_5041.jpeg

West Ham and Palace will pull away in the coming weeks. I reckon it's Everton, and two of the promoted teams going down (probably us and Soton if I had to pick). Wolves will look in the mix but go on a run at some point which gets them comfortable. Ipswich will barely stay up; maybe just because we get a points deduction.

Good chance of Brentford getting into the mix too.

Edited by -sodapop
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Reality kicking in for Chelsea I guess. Restricted mostly to potshots against a fairly average defence despite bossing possession. As we saw plenty of last season, they're all fart, no shit.

Which begs the question - @The Bear what were your lot playing at last week?  

Careful, you'll be accused of being parody.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Mr.Bingles said:

IMG_5041.jpeg

West Ham and Palace won't be involved. Think Fulham and Brentford instead of those two. Wolves will probably be fine.