Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

Our professional game is becoming a product for tourists. Clubs are currently in the early phase of pricing out the average spend fan. It’s a long process but it has begun. 
I just want to watch a team that represents my city. I joked years ago about citing out Phoenix club locations. 

• Like 2

Phoenix clubs will only exist if people have the courage of the convictions they preach. There was a Wolves fan before the season kicked off performatively chatting on Twitter about how he'd now go and see Hednesford Town because his season ticket was overpriced. I'll bloody guarantee he's renewed and been to more games at Molineux this season than non-league matches.

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Phoenix clubs will only exist if people have the courage of the convictions they preach. There was a Wolves fan before the season kicked off performatively chatting on Twitter about how he'd now go and see Hednesford Town because his season ticket was overpriced. I'll bloody guarantee he's renewed and been to more games at Molineux this season than non-league matches.

As I’ve realised. People don’t have the time(including me). Until then we have to wait for Western Park Fc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

The CEOs of football clubs love people like you, who think that an extra £2-3m  by rasing ticket prices makes any difference to the overall revenue clubs generate. It's a tiny drop in the ocean but people line up on Twitter to trot out the same thing - that their club wouldn't be able to compete with top clubs if they weren't charged a fortune to watch their club. It's utter nonsense and an excuse to fleece fans for as much as they can get away with, while they pay agents extortionate amounts to facilitate transfers that cost tens and tens of millions to pay footballers massive wage bills. 

Mate, it’s business, it’s not about ‘people like me’. Overseas investment does not get involved for the passion, they get involved for the profit. Any overseas investment consortium who pumps cash in is doing it to get a foothold in the lucrative prem market. They don’t care about the average man as they can buy success and then charge a premium to watch it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Mate, it’s business, it’s not about ‘people like me’. Overseas investment does not get involved for the passion, they get involved for the profit. Any overseas investment consortium who pumps cash in is doing it to get a foothold in the lucrative prem market. They don’t care about the average man as they can buy success and then charge a premium to watch it. 

That's fine as long as you don't confuse it for generating extra revenue to "compete" with other clubs. It obviously isn't, it's a cash grab because they know there's enough people that will pay it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Bear said:

That's fine as long as you don't confuse it for generating extra revenue to "compete" with other clubs. It obviously isn't, it's a cash grab because they know there's enough people that will pay it. 

Exactly. This will barely touch the sides of a big player's half yearly wage. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

Absolutely spot on this. One of the things Germany does incredibly well is ticket prices, and they have done for years now. Some of the arse holes in charge of PL clubs should be hanging their heads in shame. That's why they love people like @TaggertvsWise and all the happy clappers on Twitter who lap up the shite they put out to justify it. 

Why are you referencing me?

Ake stretchered off in tonight’s Netherlands / Germany game. 

These international games need scrapping. They’re totally pointless and I just don’t see the point in them. 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

The September international break is the worst weekend of the season. Too early for a break and it's too soon after a tournament as well when that applies. It's going next year though thankfully.

Glad to hear, always hated the September international , makes no sense at all

32 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Glad to hear, always hated the September international , makes no sense at all

Particularly after the Euros as well ?

Mind you when you play them ..

On occasions there have been 3 games a week on an International week maybe with less breaks in that season ?

But Internationals are part of the game and will be here to stay .

Edited by Super_horns

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

I've enjoyed having a breaking from Steve Cooper's Leicester city this week to be honest

Sad times but agreed.

Hardly been on here during the international break as everything towards the club just feels so meh.

Cooper’s “pragmatism” needs to turn into a much more positive approach from the first whistle….we’ve only looked to take it to the opposition when we’re already a goal down and less than a quarter of the game to go.