Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

9 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

So they’re also failing FFP?

WE don't know for sure because that figure doesn't take into account PSR deductions.

For reference, when Everton breached and got their 10 point deduction they had made losses of around £380m. PSR deductions brought that figure down to around £120m.

Everton were obviously allowed to deduct spending on infrastructure which would have accounted for a massive portion of that number given they're building a new ground.

So it'll be very interesting to see how much United are able to deduct.

13 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Massive Covid wrote off. Something like 40m?

Correct, Kieran Maguire did something on it last month. Essentially says in the follow-up that Man Utd as a listed company HAVE to declare this, other clubs don't - hence making them stick out like a massive sore thumb compared to those who just keep quiet about it.

Even as someone who has never been massively into international football and was hugely underwhelmed by England at the Euros, I had a lot more fun watching the two Nations League games than I have watching Leicester's first three

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Are the BBC right ?

Is the long range blockbuster going out of the game ..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/extra/7ruba7shs4/the-slow-death-of-the-screamer

Can only think about it from my own club, under Enzo he discouraged long range shots in general and as a result despite scoring loads last season we didn't score that many long range goals IMO.

Under Rodgers we tended to score a good amount but that was possibly influenced by very good long range shooters in Maddison, Tielemans and Barnes. 

Under Cooper I wonder, his teams struggle to score full stop so not sure we'll be a good case study 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The September international break is the worst weekend of the season. Too early for a break and it's too soon after a tournament as well when that applies. It's going next year though thankfully.

No September international break in 2025?

1 hour ago, Soar Fox said:

No September international break in 2025?

I think they're replacing it with a two week break in October. I could be wrong though.

I've always thought it about September's break specifically. I'm not quite like I was probably 15 years ago where I'm lost without football for the weekend but I do think this one is complete crap. Like I said, too early into the domestic season and I feel like the Euros final is too fresh too. It's too soon to go back to internationals imo.

• Like 2