Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ok just seen the Ipswich team v Liv - we have a chance. 

There’s 6-8 teams in the division that have question marks over them.

We’re competing against the likes of Fulham, Wolves, Bournemouth, Forest, Everton, Brentford, Southampton and Ipswich in our own little mini league.

31 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Jealous of Ipswich going into their first game with Phillips & Szmodics on the bench.

Think they'll get beat today but still, good additions.

Szmodics is only on the bench? McKenna clearly doesn’t fancy him then. Can we all finally agree that he’s a one-season wonder who won’t cut it in the PL? 

5 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

There’s 6-8 teams in the division that have question marks over them.

We’re competing against the likes of Fulham, Wolves, Bournemouth, Forest, Everton, Brentford, Southampton and Ipswich in our own little mini league.

Didn’t the wolves fan on here say he was really confident for them this season? Or am I making this up

32 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Jealous of Ipswich going into their first game with Phillips & Szmodics on the bench.

Think they'll get beat today but still, good additions.

Early kick-off at home; they could make today interesting, it’s easily the sort of game Liverpool labour despite having lots of the ball, Ipswich score at a key moment and then grimly hold on from there.

4 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

Didn’t the wolves fan on here say he was really confident for them this season? Or am I making this up

Their transfer business is something like £75 million net (i.e. profit) and the sounds coming from O’Neill is they still need to be careful with spending (no incomings since 1 July). 

Obviously @The Bear will know more - but they seem to be in a tight rope position similar to what we were in.

https://www.molineux.news/news/frustrating-wolves-transfer-policy-is-confirmed-by-gary-oneil/

5 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Their transfer business is something like £75 million net (i.e. profit) and the sounds coming from O’Neill is they still need to be careful with spending (no incomings since 1 July). 

Obviously @The Bear will know more - but they seem to be in a tight rope position similar to what we were in.

https://www.molineux.news/news/frustrating-wolves-transfer-policy-is-confirmed-by-gary-oneil/

Hopefully you’re right with them being in a similar position to us but what i understood was he was happy with the squad they have. Whilst we are walking a tight rope but have a squad that isn’t nearly ready. I think that would put them in a mini league above our mini league. 

Its strange what a year of not watching Prem football can do to your knowledge of other peoples squads because in all honesty I know we are in a bad way but haven’t got the foggiest about anybody else at the minute.

17 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Szmodics is only on the bench? McKenna clearly doesn’t fancy him then. Can we all finally agree that he’s a one-season wonder who won’t cut it in the PL? 

Or could be the fact he's only just arrived and getting integrated. 

I think he'll be good, but all dependant on him getting service.

• Haha 1