Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

On 17/09/2024 at 09:15, The Bear said:

I hadn't realised this rule had changed this season. It means less of the silly 11 added mins nonsense at the end of games.

"The average added time per game last season was 11 minutes and 36 seconds, almost double what it was just three years ago.

Again, more stoppages for substitutes is playing a part in that but the ball is also in play now for more minutes than ever before, with an average of 58:12 per game.

But this will likely change again this season, because of a change in the timing of goal celebrations.

Until now time was added on for every second between the ball hitting the net and the kick-off being taken.

Now the clock is only started after 30 seconds. So a game with six goals would have three minutes less of stoppage time."

Just a brain fart but how about cutting the game to two halves of 30 minutes and stopping the watch for any time wasting BS and adding proper time on?

57 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Maddison tweeted everyone to stop being so negative and get behind the team, they'll be fine. 

😂

Is it bad that I actually was just glad one of them cared enough to reply to a journalist?

I couldn't imagine many of them would do anything more than laugh at it whilst downing a WKD in a shit nightclub on the night of a match. 

19 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

In a way with Champions league football they have.  They finished fourth last season.  Two seasons on the trot we bottled fourth finishing fifth both times.  They have more FA Cup wins than us and have won the European Cup (champions league) previously.  

Agree re perhaps not winning the premier league but their history, and current manager is 100% better than ours.

I said modern era. 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah I know that but we were talking honours nothing else.

But you've referred to Brighton and the praise they get, I don't think anyone's praising them for not winning things, just that they are quite clearly very well run and self sustainable.

16 hours ago, Royston. said:

Just a brain fart but how about cutting the game to two halves of 30 minutes and stopping the watch for any time wasting BS and adding proper time on?

There has been a couple of trials by organisations outside of this country at non-professional tournaments with 25 minute halfs being played with a stop the watch format. Games have been roughly 80 minutes in duration. We know from the figures last year that ball in play time equates to somewhere around 50-55 mins on average across the English leagues so not far off.