Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

I think Ipswich showing that they'll squeeze everything out from the resources they have. I think there is a lack of quality there but they'll always be organised and putting in plenty of effort. Don't think they'll throw in the towel at any point.

• Like 3

Liverpool have basically created nothing to be fair. If you wanted a positive as an Ipswich fan it would be that the defence has looked pretty solid and played out from the back pretty well. A big plus given that was their weakness last season.

Edited by Number 6

Just now, Number 6 said:

Liverpool have basically created nothing to be fair. If you wanted a positive as an Ipswich fan it would be that the defence has looked pretty solid and played out from the back pretty well. A big plus given that was their weakness last season.

I would totally agree, but just feel the Ipswich defence, as its largely going one-on-one, they need to be perfect, I mean Leif Davis has coped with Salah very well, but he has to be perfect for 90 mins

2 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Their transfer business is something like £75 million net (i.e. profit) and the sounds coming from O’Neill is they still need to be careful with spending (no incomings since 1 July). 

Obviously @The Bear will know more - but they seem to be in a tight rope position similar to what we were in.

https://www.molineux.news/news/frustrating-wolves-transfer-policy-is-confirmed-by-gary-oneil/

They talk this bolx every summer window though, they're not fooling any of us. We've sold £100m worth of players in both the last two seasons. We could spend big if we wanted but the club don't want to do that. 

I'm still optimistic for this season, but we still need another CB (even though Mosquera looks better than Kilman) and a Neto replacement (been linked with Wissa at Brentford). Plus we have a very tough run of fixtures until October so it might be a slow start. 

Keep your eye on new lad Rodrigo Gomes as he's been very lively for us in pre-season with 3 goals in 4 games. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I would totally agree, but just feel the Ipswich defence, as its largely going one-on-one, they need to be perfect, I mean Leif Davis has coped with Salah very well, but he has to be perfect for 90 mins

Yeh agreed. Can see the first tiny error they make being punished.

• Like 1

There was a handball early on that was never given. 

He more a less picked it up thinking he had been fouled. If it wasn't a foul, it should have been a hand ball.

Glad to see the officiating is as bad as ever.

Ipswich look decent but I still think Liverpool will grow into the game and win.