Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Premier League 2024/25

15 hours ago, Corky said:

Sky need a refresh. Neville is a parody, Drury is a pain with his poetic nonsense and the shouting of player's names whenever 30 yards from goal and the Nev/ Carra double act is tired.

Who would you want instead?

(Please don't say Deeney..)

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

Given that our lads got in trouble and the club was fined for disagreeing with a decision and yesterday Man City crowded the ref and chased him halfway up the pitch, this seems a bit, err, two tiered

So funny as well because Man City fans think everyone is out to get them. Their team are among the worse at things like surrounding the referee.

I noticed they booed the PL theme yesterday. Do they still boo the CL theme too? 

Very weird fanbase. Best team in England and don't make a noise unless it's their player getting tackled.

Yes I'm on one today.

Edited by Fox92

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

So funny as well because Man City fans think everyone is out to get them. Their team are among the worse at things like surrounding the referee.

I noticed they booed the PL theme yesterday. Do they still boo the CL theme too? 

Very weird fanbase. Best team in England and don't make a noise unless it's their player getting tackled.

Yes I'm on one today.

Let's be honest though, all football fanbases have their own fragile individuals.

On Saturday the man in front of me was complaining that "every game is against 13 men all the time." There'll be Man City and Arsenal fans with one simple search thinking Oliver was out to get them.

Then, of course, there's the brigade on here who seem to think the PL are out to get us and that the whole league is completely corrupt (which, again, begs the question why you engage with something you genuinely think is rigged - I wouldn't give it the time of day personally. Or I'd find evidence to back up my tin foil hat claims).

Like I continually bang on, it's a wonder who the PL/referees are actually out to get if EVERY fanbase thinks they're out to get them.

Anyway, everyone is like it. Football and sports fans in general are pathetic, one-eyed whiny bastards and secretly people really, really enjoy it I reckon. If not their lives must be absolutely exhausting.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Let's be honest though, all football fanbases have their own fragile individuals.

On Saturday the man in front of me was complaining that "every game is against 13 men all the time." There'll be Man City and Arsenal fans with one simple search thinking Oliver was out to get them.

Then, of course, there's the brigade on here who seem to think the PL are out to get us and that the whole league is completely corrupt (which, again, begs the question why you engage with something you genuinely think is rigged - I wouldn't give it the time of day personally. Or I'd find evidence to back up my tin foil hat claims).

Like I continually bang on, it's a wonder who the PL/referees are actually out to get if EVERY fanbase thinks they're out to get them.

Anyway, everyone is like it. Football and sports fans in general are pathetic, one-eyed whiny bastards and secretly people really, really enjoy it I reckon. If not their lives must be absolutely exhausting.

Yes you are right I think. I remember when we were competing for top 6 and the same people would complain Sky weren't including any of our players in their graphics. 

1 hour ago, Hales said:

Haaland needs raining in...throwing balls at people's heads, knocking people flying....not acceptable

Should get a ban, probably won't

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Some money to spend in Jan if this goes through quick

FFP will make that difficult.

Remember, there are sanctions for exceeding £105M over 3 years.  Everton lost almost £135M in 2021-22-23.  Reported still operating at a loss over £1M per week.

Friedkin will be paying for the sins of the previous regime for a while -- quite a while, if they go down.  He could forgive their whole external debt (something like £600M) and they'd still be running in the red.

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

Should get a ban, probably won't

I don’t think so - we have sanitised the whole game so you can barely breathe without being punished - football was so much more enjoyable with a bit of needle - yesterdays game had that and it was the most I’ve enjoyed watching a game in a while, chucking the ball playfully at someone’s head - big deal 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Loved the Arsenal-Man City game. I've watched football for years and years and I'm so tired of it in its normality these days - Give me tetchy players, crowds and coaches, shithousery, red cards, teams camped in their own area defending for 50 minutes. The "non norm" was fantastic and great entertainment. Probably the most exciting game I've been a neutral of since that chaotic Spurs-Chelsea game last season.

man city passing endlessly on the edge of the box trying to create something and eventually losing the ball was very boring imo

Dont get me wrong Rodri is a bit of a cvnt but the classless Arsenal fans celebrating his ACL is no surprise. Shit fans on social media and at the Emirates with the biggest twat in football in charge of them. 

The players actually seem alright

6 hours ago, Hales said:

Haaland needs raining in...throwing balls at people's heads, knocking people flying....not acceptable

Hmmm, I thought it was good to have a bit of drama in a usually boring game tbh, if Vardy was doing what Haaland did then we'd all be loving it 

• Like 1