Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2024/25

41 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Can’t say I like this format. European nights are meant to be special and unique. This is just another step to making them normal. 

And destroying it all.

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

Can’t say I like this format. European nights are meant to be special and unique. This is just another step to making them normal. 

Yep, does feel like it'll become very saturated after a couple of seasons.

31 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

What was wrong with the old format, as thought it worked well?

Am guessing it's to do with certain clubs having a hissy fit over the amount of games etc..

To be honest theres more games and more travelling in this new setup. All for money and to please the power hours to avoid them jumping ship to the super league. 

Im not sure this setup will work, a lot of clubs will simply say its way too many games and likely in two more years there will even be a new format.

Champions league group seemed okay it was, the only thing id have changed is in the knockout phase get rid of two legged games and just decide it on the night.

This is the first step towards the super league in via the back door. 

The format is designed to squeeze as much money as they can out of it, the teams finishing 9th down to 25th play a knockout round to enter, the knockout rounds. 

Absolute bollocks!

9 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Villa fans got some atrocious aways. Bern, Leipzig, Monaco and Bruges. Would imagine they’ll be disappointed. 

Anything in Europe is epic, Monaco will be class and Bruges is Belgian beer so it’s instantly brilliant. When we got randers it was the worst possible draw out of 8, could’ve faced two teams from Istanbul, the Kazakh team and a Sofia team I think. Randers was still great tho 

3 hours ago, Wymsey said:

What was wrong with the old format, as thought it worked well?

Am guessing it's to do with certain clubs having a hissy fit over the amount of games etc..

They’re playing more games in this format. 
Format was changed to make more money 

• Thanks 2

Will there come a point when greed in football makes the whole thing come crashing down? As it stands there are people that are willing to pay the ridiculous prices for tv subscriptions, match tickets, merch etc but could there be a day when people say enough is enough? Alot of average football fans from the UK have already had enough but now football seems to cater for people abroad that will pay ridiculous prices to watch the PL and champions league. 

For me personally, I used to watch any and every game that I could on TV. Now I rarely watch anything other than Leicester as I just don't seem to give as much as a fck as I used to. 

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Will there come a point when greed in football makes the whole thing come crashing down? As it stands there are people that are willing to pay the ridiculous prices for tv subscriptions, match tickets, merch etc but could there be a day when people say enough is enough? Alot of average football fans from the UK have already had enough but now football seems to cater for people abroad that will pay ridiculous prices to watch the PL and champions league. 

For me personally, I used to watch any and every game that I could on TV. Now I rarely watch anything other than Leicester as I just don't seem to give as much as a fck as I used to. 

Still think we’re a long way from that. This new format is ridiculously convoluted and will produce a lot of meaningless games, but everyone will get used to it and it’ll be normal in a few years time.

Uefa nations league is totally dumb and pointless but unfortunately viewing and commercial figures are adding up. 
They’re not after the ‘modern football is dead mate ticket office shambles mate’ brigade as we’re older and have other priorities in life than watching every match 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lionator said:

Villa fans got some atrocious aways. Bern, Leipzig, Monaco and Bruges. Would imagine they’ll be disappointed. 

Winnable games tbf, i can imagine they be happy. Save the big boys later, i mean our away trips in 2016 werent the top of the list. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

13 hours ago, Lionator said:

I would have thought Villa fans will be more than happy with these away trips.

Could have been far more difficult ties & Bern, Monaco & Bruges all fantastic places to visit though don't know too much about Leipzig.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boots60 said:

I would have thought Villa fans will be more than happy with these away trips.

Could have been far more difficult ties & Bern, Monaco & Bruges all fantastic places to visit though don't know too much about Leipzig.

Leipzig is near famous Colditz castle. If you like your history.

• Like 1

£94 I read! don't recall us charging half of that. I'd like to know the reasoning by those prices. Problem is talk of boycotts etc... but people are still stupid to pay those prices. 

I recall when Leeds were ripping away fans off in the championship by charging fans £45 in the championship! I refused to go to Elland Road, whilst they were charging that. Grateful for the price cap in the premier league.

Edited by Leicesterpool