Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2024/25

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The top 24 don't automatically go through.

Yes that is right .

Top 8 go through and are seeded then 9-24 are in a play off although not sure if they are seeded per position too ?

Obviously the main reason for the extension is to make more money but they probably see it as a chance for more teams to progress too .

12 hours ago, StanSP said:

Why are the TNT lads on Goals Show sitting on such a small table lol

Boycotting it now, they've absolutely butchered what was the best TV football spectacle by a mile.

Why have they replaced journalists, who were both knowledgeable and funny, with retarded ex-pros?

Plus they barely even show any of the games from the 10 mins I watched before turning off.

BIN

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Boycotting it now, they've absolutely butchered what was the best TV football spectacle by a mile.

Why have they replaced journalists, who were both knowledgeable and funny, with retarded ex-pros?

Plus they barely even show any of the games from the 10 mins I watched before turning off.

BIN

Yeah how they have seen that initial format and thought what they have now is better is insane. 

Never been a fan of Matt Smith and watching yesterday hasn't changed my mind. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

In the European rugby comp in the Swiss format, once it settles down after 2 or 3 matches teams start to prioritise games and you get a load of dead rubbers / reserve teams playing. 

It’s not particularly clear if like 9th play 24th - ie there’s a preference to finishing as high as possible within your section. 

Think it will be worse in the other comps where the quality gap is larger too 

I know it's only footie manager, but it felt like there was jeopardy on every fixture. You're either battling to stay in the top 8, stay in the top 24 or to get into the top 8 or top 24. 

Will be interesting to see how it plays out in real life