Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Tottenham (H) - Mon 19 Aug 8pm - Pre-Match Thread

48 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

With all the negativity around the place im going to just say it. We will thump Spurs tonight. 3-0 comfortable win. Fatawu to rip them a new arsehole

Fvck off🤣🤣🤣😁

• Haha 2

Popped into the shop earlier as two people carriers complete with security unloaded Tops army of mates out to flex the credit card. Every staff member then turned into an absolute melt treated everyone already in there like a second class citizen and man marked the guests tighter than Kaamark on Juninho. 

WE'RE BACK IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE BABY! :vardy:

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

game starts 3am

finishes - 5am
up for work - 7am

and if the stories are correct... we gonna get massacred.... so why would i get up?

i got up for the Portsmouth 6-1 game when i was in Perth all those years ago. it might not be worse than that.

as good as i can do

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, hejammy said:

paralytic maybe? or do you genuinely mean - "relating to the parameters of something (= a set of facts or a fixed limit that establishes or limits how something can or must happen or 

47 minutes ago, tinpot_fox said:

Within what time limit?

How many pints

Think we'll get goals by exposing their wings (especially Fatwatu,) think this comes down to how Faes performs to be honest.... Spurs are very persistent pressers and I don't trust Wout to be safe.

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

game starts 3am

finishes - 5am
up for work - 7am

and if the stories are correct... we gonna get massacred.... so why would i get up?

Because you've been doing it for years and are addicted like the rest of us :rolleyes:

• Like 3

So here we are on the day of the game and for the last two weeks I’ve been certain of a hammering. But today, I’m thinking, we could win this. No logicial reason why.

there should be free psychological courses for football fans on the NHS. Addiction and illogical thinking is not healthy. 

(Abdul will score a cut in screamer:ph34r:)

• Like 1

I can't post the image as its too large, but I was down the stadium this afternoon and got a programme. Tops message is below. I asked GPT to transcribe it as I couldn't be arsed doing it word for word. 

**FROM THE CHAIRMAN**

**AIYAWATT SRIVADDHANAPRABHA**

Good evening, everyone, and welcome to the return of Premier League football to King Power Stadium.

Nights like these – taking on clubs like Tottenham Hotspur in front of the eyes of the world – are what we’ve spent the last year working, striving, fighting to re-establish in Leicester. Our achievements of the last 10 years would suggest this is the level to which we belong, and our task over the next 38 games will be to prove it. Spurs will be a typically challenging Premier League assignment on matchday one and an excellent opportunity for us to measure ourselves at the level.

Welcome to our summer arrivals, particularly our manager Steve Cooper and his staff that have joined our Men’s First Team operation. In our meetings before his appointment, Steve had a very clear vision of how we could build on the success of our promotion campaign and ensure the squad are ready for the increased demands of the Premier League. We have players that have played at this level, but it is a different test as a newly promoted team, and we must create an environment in which the team can thrive. We must be ready to stand together – players, staff, supporters – with strength and resilience to fight through adversity. Every point will be so important.

The role of our supporters is as important as it has ever been. Only with your consistent backing and vocal support can we create the environment we need – especially at home, where our advantage can make such a big difference. We will have difficult games this season, games against some of the best teams in the world, and it will be our togetherness, our unity that guides us through. We must believe in one another and fight to the end.

Tonight we will pay tribute to Craig Shakespeare – a man whose place in the Leicester City story is unlike many others. Having managed the Club himself and served as an assistant under three different managers during the most successful period in Leicester City’s history, Craig left an unforgettable impression on every player and member of staff that had the pleasure of working with him. As a coach, a colleague and a friend, Craig’s dedication to his craft, his warmth and humour and his commitment to helping others achieve success became defining characteristics and earned him the respect and love of everyone. He will be missed by us all and we extend our deepest sympathies to his family.

Shakey would have enjoyed tonight – the kind of occasion that defined the period in which he was so successful with us. Let’s make it an atmosphere to remember.

**Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha**  

Chairman

Steve Cooper programme peice:

---

**STEVE COOPER**

**Dear Leicester City supporters,**

Welcome back to King Power Stadium. I am proud and honoured to be the Manager of a great club that I know means so much to you all. Tonight, we start a new chapter in the great history of this Club. I am still new to Leicester City, but I want you all to know that the values of our Club are very important to myself, to the players and to our staff.

We are back in the Premier League, and we intend to grasp this opportunity - as this Club has done so often in the past.

I am very grateful for the support and kindness from the many Leicester fans I have met at pre-season games and at our Fans' Forums this summer. I know that the season will have its ups and downs for us all, but I am confident that if we stay together then the future is very positive indeed.

Starting tonight against Tottenham, I hope that we – as players and staff – can build that bond between fans and team that is so crucial. We are committed to giving you, our loyal supporters, exciting performances and a team you can be proud of. The players have shown in pre-season a deep commitment to what we are asking them to do. This is in the way we prepare for games, in our style of play and our application to the task at all times. They have worked hard in every aspect.

For myself, the players and the staff, Leicester City’s success means a great deal. We will give everything this season. At times, we will all need to be robust. Both as a team on the pitch and for our fans here at King Power Stadium and in our away games in the Premier League.

You have seen great things here in the past at Leicester City. Be assured that this team will also give everything to play exciting, successful football. We are working hard in all aspects of the Club to build a team, and a squad, that will live up to the standards you demand.

I also want to take a moment to pay tribute to Craig Shakespeare, who passed away earlier this month. We will celebrate Craig’s life before the match tonight. From speaking to players, staff, and supporters, it is clear just how much Craig was loved and admired. He leaves behind an incredible legacy at Leicester City.

I would like to send my condolences to Craig’s family and friends at this difficult time.

I extend a warm welcome to tonight’s opponents, Tottenham Hotspur – and all their staff, players and supporters. My thanks again to all Leicester fans for your support, and please get behind the team tonight.

Yours sincerely,

**Steve Cooper**
**Manager** 

Defensively they can be got at if you play quick enough whether we can do that at the min who knows. Get hamza on to wind up Romero and kick madders a few times. No still early goals or yellow cards tonight please so we at least have a chance