Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Tottenham (H) - Mon 19 Aug 8pm - Pre-Match Thread

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

honestly those with tickets should boycott and watch at home or in a pub.  

Nothing would show our disdain,  for what’s going on behind the scenes more than an empty stadium first game back, live on tv… it would be  a huge statement 

some might find it wrong etc and i dont care, if we are getting hammered im leaving early, regardless.....frankly had enough of the antics of the club now

31 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Team for Spurs

Ward

Cover Nelson Okoli

Choudhury Braybrooke

BDR Alves Golding Maswasinhe

Cannon

we really should be prioritising the Carabao cup as its our best chance of winning a game this season.

Why bother with Ward... Get another outfield academy player... Won't make any difference to keeping the ball out of our net. 

16 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

Maddison was one of the very few players who looked as though they gave a toss during the final games of the season. 

It was also his ignorance and arrogance that played a part in his own and team performances in the second half of the season. Alongside that famous tweet after Southampton.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

some might find it wrong etc and i dont care, if we are getting hammered im leaving early, regardless.....frankly had enough of the antics of the club now

problem is, it’s when we are getting hammered not if. Honestly, copper might just be a genius if he gets anything from the game 

532 and hit them on the counter

Hermansen

Pereira Faes Vesty Okoli Kristiansen

Winks Buonanotte Ndidi

Fatawu Mavididi

Subs - Alves on the bench to replace Buonanotte, and Cannon, BDR for the front two when they all tire.

The best we can hope for is a defensive masterclass and hit them on the break.😂

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, trooky said:

532 and hit them on the counter

Hermansen

Pereira Faes Vesty Okoli Kristiansen

Winks Buonanotte Ndidi

Fatawu Mavididi

Subs - Alves on the bench to replace Buonanotte, and Cannon, BDR for the front two when they all tire.

The best we can hope for is a defensive masterclass and hit them on the break.😂

We won’t do this, but even if we did Van Der Ven is the fastest player in the league, so even if we hoof it over the top to some semi fast lads, he’s gonna be winning most if not all of those foot races 

7 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

We won’t do this, but even if we did Van Der Ven is the fastest player in the league, so even if we hoof it over the top to some semi fast lads, he’s gonna be winning most if not all of those foot races 

So what do you suggest, we're not going to dominate possession or pass them off the park either.

Edited by trooky
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, trooky said:

So what do you suggest, we're not going dominate possession or pass them if the park either.

Park the bus and wait for someone to realise we need to build a squad, or even an 11, capable of winning a game in this division. We have enough defenders, our midfield options are almost entirely CDMs, might as well play to the players we have. 532 with 3 CDMs, or 541 with Ndidi and Buonanate as the two more advanced of the 4. I’d go for the latter as having 2 lads chasing long balls likely to be just as ineffective as 1 lad chasing long balls. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

Hard to see how any side we put out could trouble Spurs with such a lack of attacking threat in the side. I think with the quality of fullbacks in the Premier League, our main strength which is arguably our wingers, will be nullified and we have literally **** all up front without Vardy. Hard to see where the goals are going to come from.

29 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Hard to see how any side we put out could trouble Spurs with such a lack of attacking threat in the side. I think with the quality of fullbacks in the Premier League, our main strength which is arguably our wingers, will be nullified and we have literally **** all up front without Vardy. Hard to see where the goals are going to come from.

I don’t know.

Everyone knows Spurs are going to push up to our own six yard box with the high line they play - so does Cooper have the nouse to setup to take advantage of that.

You know, maybe have a way of defending that allows Mavididi and/or Fatawu to cheat on the defensive duties a little, so that they can take advantage of absent fullbacks? 

Never going to happen, but would feel much more positive if we reverted to Enzo ball. 

Hermansen
      Faes - Vestergaard - Justin 

Ricardo - Winks 

Fatawu - Ndidi - Buonanotte - BDCR

Mavididi

Realistically will be the below.

Hermansen 

Justin  -  Faes  -  Okoli 

Ndidi - Winks

Fatawu - Buonanotte - BDCR - Kristiansen

Mavididi 

Not sure why I’ve shown it in possession seeing as we likely won’t have any. Will probably end up looking like the below.

Hermansen

Fatawu - Justin - Faes - Okoli - Kristiansen

Buonanotte - Ndidi - Winks - BDCR

Mavididi     

I guess the only thing we do know is they have that ridiculously high line.

I doubt he's thinking of it but we could just **** off having a striker altogether and just play Mav and Fatawu really narrow running after balls over the top lol 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

We're getting pumped aren't we? I've put Solanke, Son and Porro in my FPL team to soften the blow.

I have gone for Porro and Solanke with Solanke as captain

Honestly tempted to triple captain him lol

• Haha 1