Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Tottenham (H) - Mon 19 Aug 8pm - Pre-Match Thread

Hermansen

JJ Faes Okoli Kristiansen

Winks Ndidi

Fatawu Buonanotte Reid

Mavididi

Only differences I can maybe see are Ricardo right back and JJ left back or McAteer for Buonanotte

Grim

• Like 4

Once the fixtures were released and Spurs at home was the first game i really thought we could do something to them. They love a high line and taking risks. 

But as each day goes by i feel more and more like this season is going to be absolute hell. 

So F*** it. Everyone is writing us off even without a points deduction. So lets just go at them on Monday and go out swinging. If we are already preparing our minds for relegation then it can only get better

• Like 1

IIRC the mood was very negative going into the first game, including from me, so let's just hope the season works out like the last in terms of us performing above expectation (generally speaking).

Spurs weren't great second half of last season and, not for any logical reason. there is some pressure on them. And they will be expected to win this one and us to lose. So hopefully that works in our favour in terms of the mentality of the two teams.

Just now, LcFc_Smiv said:

I wonder if there will be anyone of note missing from the U21 side tonight with the opportunity to get their chance Monday.

I thought Golding looked really good in his friendly cameo.  Okay it was a few minutes.  But I'd genuinely prefer him at least on the bench over Soumare who clearly can't wait to be gone.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hermansen

Winks Ndidi

Fatawu Buonanotte Reid

Mavididi

Only differences I can maybe see are Ricardo right back and JJ left back or McAteer for Buonanotte

Grim

I'd be surprised if JJ and Ricardo don't start, same with Vestergaard.

26 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hermansen

Winks Ndidi

Fatawu Buonanotte Reid

Mavididi

Grim

That's what I think he will go with too, even though I would not go this way.

Spurs push very high, with both full backs inverting into 8 positions. It's quite a unique tactic. That means the chance for us is to exploit the wings and ball over the top. Playing a fast player up top should make the Spurs CB's think a bit before just mindlessly playing a high line. That's why Mavididi over Cannon does make some sense.

For how crap our team looks (and boy does it look crap), having Hermansen, Fatawu and Mavididi gives us a chance against almost everyone in the league. Mads has elite distribution. Sit back and soak, hang on if need be, put a great ball over the top for the front 3 to run onto and we can sneak something. I don't expect it to happen, but my point is that what happened in the Championship to us, we can do to teams in this league. That is the hope to cling onto for me this season.

I do have to say that leaving Ricardo out of the team is career suicide. The way we play, Ndidi pushes up, so Maddison will be told to target Winks, and that will be the key battle in the game. I think Ricardo is the best overall player we have left after KDH left, so to not start him is making a hard task even tougher.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If he starts Cannon that will be good with Fatawu and Mav on the wings, faith restored

All aboard the Steve Cooper train

17 minutes ago, em9999 said:

If he starts cannon he deserves to be fired 

The duality of man