Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Tottenham (H) - Mon 19 Aug 8pm - Pre-Match Thread

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Play a striker in a ****ing strikers role. 

We can't even get the basics right. 

Mavididi is best on the wing while taking on players and using his flair. Why is Cooper making it harder than it needs to be?

7 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

We win this. 

Fancy coming on another club's forum and giving it the biggun. Anyway, hope Madders does well for you this year!

Edited by Libertine
  • Haha 1

Stranger things have happened than against the odds that we win this Game on Monday. If I was one of the players I'd want to prove a lot of the noise about this season wrong.

We have a "fairly decent" home record over the years against spurs but you just never know.

That said I'm not that confident.

4 minutes ago, BrilliantFox said:

Mavididi is best on the wing while taking on players and using his flair. Why is Cooper making it harder than it needs to be?

Plus he works hard tracking back and helping the LB out no point having him up front 

11 minutes ago, BrilliantFox said:

Mavididi has played a good, I dunno, 40% (might even be closer to 50%) of his career playing down the middle. He's played there a fair bit in France.

He's very quick, has good movement off the ball and finishes pretty well.

I'd much rather him playing at 9 off the shoulder than Cannon, especially in a game like Spurs where you imagine we'll be countering a fair bit. A front three of BCDR, Fatawu and Mavididi will pose a lot more threat on the break than anything involving Cannon.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I dunno, 40% (might even be closer to 50%) of his career playing down the middle.

Yet his most successful season has been on the wing taking on players and showcasing his skills while creating chances.

Cannon is a great striker, let him play.

Just now, BrilliantFox said:

Yet his most successful season has been on the wing taking on players and showcasing his skills while creating chances.

Nobody is suggesting it isn't his best position but we're not in an ideal situation and we've got to make a compromise somewhere.

Cannon is a great striker, let him play.

No, he isn't. He's a youngster that's probably currently about mid-table Championship and lacks in strength and speed. He might have a great career but he absolutely isn't ready to be leading the line for us. It would be a really stupid decision to pick him over Mavididi up front.

• Like 2

Hermansen ( feel sorry for him)

Justin ( poor last season better at RB but VK is shite and Thomas is a league 2 player)

Faes ( bull in a china shop, loose Cannon, deer in headlights, mental frizzy haired buffoon)

Vestergaard (ok in a poor league, but nowhere near good enough against fast agile footballers with brains which he will face every week.

Ricardo ( rare prem standard player)

Winks ( see above)

Ndidi ( best years are behind him, injury prone)

Brighton loan dude ( speaks for itself)

Bobby Reid ( nothing free transfer signing 5 goals a season average Joe type player one of ten million 75 rated players on FIFA)

Mavididi ( the fact he will play upfront or Reid shows the shambles we are)

Fatawu ( lovable character with some great pace and skill, but every erratic and inconsistent, hope he settles in the prem)

That team will worry, frighten or concern absolutely nobody at all. I see no one in that team apart from maybe Mavididi capable of ten goals. I see no goals from midfield at all really. I see no strength in depth, no quality anywhere on the pitch, and I think we could have a huge awakening on Monday.

All I ask Is the players give 100 per cent and try and kick the shit out of spurs even if we lose.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mavididi has played a good, I dunno, 40% (might even be closer to 50%) of his career playing down the middle. He's played there a fair bit in France.

I'd much rather him playing at 9 off the shoulder than Cannon, especially in a game like Spurs where you imagine we'll be countering a fair bit. A front three of BCDR, Fatawu and Mavididi will pose a lot more threat on the break than anything involving Cannon.

Majority of those games as a striker were for youth teams though it looks like

His senior career only has him playing as a striker in 33 appearances - 1,859 minutes - 20.7 90s

Majority of his senior career appearances, especially in France, have been as a left winger with 100 appearances - 7,763 minutes - 86.3 90s

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Nobody is suggesting it isn't his best position but we're not in an ideal situation and we've got to make a compromise somewhere.

No, he isn't. He's a youngster that's probably currently about mid-table Championship and lacks in strength and speed. He might have a great career but he absolutely isn't ready to be leading the line for us. It would be a really stupid decision to pick him over Mavididi up front.

Know how rather than pace will be an asset to us v spurs CBs…. No one in the PL is outpacing Van de Ven…

it’s going to be a real difficult game Monday and I fear the worst tbh.

we need to be clever with the ball in tight spaces to create chances to whoever is up top..

basics on Monday. For starters,.play those who played last year and have the necessary swagger. Ricky, Mavididi, Winks, Faes, Vesty, Mads, Abdul, JJ, Wilf. 

Then pack around that those that can run, and run hard and run fast 

Then hope for the best. 

Mads 

JJ at RB 

Ricky at LB 

Faes and Vesty 

Wilf and Winks as the double pivot

Fatawu, Buonnotte I guess (for KDH) and McAteer (I don't fancy BdcR at all) 

Stephy up top

Can we just plough up the pitch so no one can actually play football on it.   It’d even things up at home at least.

That or board up both goals to guarantee 0-0.

Mavi to score, no idea as to the result 

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It really wouldn't give the lad a chance what's the point of buying players if we are never going to play them.

It would be stupid to lose Mav's defensive ability's that having him up front, likely we will only get a couple of chances and Cannon is known to take his chances

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

People don't bother looking at stats mate... or the fact that Cooper himself played him as a 9 for England.

Doesn't matter how long ago it was, he's got it in him and Cooper clearly fancies him there. 

People acting like he's just plucked the idea out of thin air. Also can't think of a better defence to try it out against than suicide ball spurs.

Edited by AjcW

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's a youngster that's probably currently about mid-table Championship

Cannon has barely been given a chance and everytime he does get one he always looks like a threat.

He's more the level of a relegation battling Premier League squad, which is exactly our place at the moment.

Cannon has barely been given a chance and everytime he does get one he always looks like a threat.

He's more the level of a relegation battling Premier League squad, which is exactly our place at the moment.

You could argue that if he was the level of a relegation battling Premier League squad.... the relegation battling Premier League squad wouldn't have sold him to us....

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Mate, that's really poor taste. Have a word with yourself.

I only meant in a sense it might persuade the club to actually buy a striker I wasn't being nasty or trying to be about daka , I don't rate him but I wouldn't wish injury upon him