Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Tottenham (H) - Mon 19 Aug 8pm - Pre-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Md9 said:

Knowing our luck they have signed Kane on loan for 1 game to play against us score 6 then go back to Bayern 

I think if they had Kane they’d probably be resting him against us lol 

• Haha 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

I have to apologise -  I mentioned to a spurs fan this evening that I wasn’t convinced that solanke would work out for them

Nice one! Debut hat trick incoming 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I have to apologise -  I mentioned to a spurs fan this evening that I wasn’t convinced that solanke would work out for them

Added him madders and son to my fantasy team normally when I do that they do crap but not that confident this time 😂

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He will give us a good rodding, that’s for sure. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

TBF I'm still not convinced Postecoglu will work out for them. They fell away badly in the second half and a lot of those Spurs fans happy will Angeball in August suddenly got tired of conceding silly goals.

That said, Son and Johnson could have the night of their lives against our full backs.

Can I change my prediction please? I’d forgotten about Johnson being at Spurs too, forget 0-4, make it a round 5. They have Son, Solanke, Richarlison, Johnson and Madison whilst we’re debating whether to have Cannon or Mavididi up front! 

1 hour ago, Md9 said:

Knowing our luck they have signed Kane on loan for 1 game to play against us score 6 then go back to Bayern 

Nah balls to that, I've captained Son in ff, as I fully expect him to score a hat trick. 

Am I the only one that doesn't think this squad is quite as bad as the doom-mongers are making out? Yes, it won't win the league, but aside from a striker, I don't think we're that far behind everyone else. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sbfox said:

Am I the only one that doesn't think this squad is quite as bad as the doom-mongers are making out? Yes, it won't win the league, but aside from a striker, I don't think we're that far behind everyone else. 

:tumbleweed:

1 hour ago, sbfox said:

No you aren't. Those responsible for assembling it seem to agree as well.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sbfox said:

Apart from having no CB with pace, no creativity in midfield, no depth on the wing and now down to our last unproven striker

Edited by lanefox

We don’t have all crap players ffs. Of course! It’s just that they look lost and devoid of confidence. Despite our frustrations with Enzo ball the players really bought into it and understood it. With cooper they don’t look ready to play his way. Maybe they are missing Enzo and his style of management. There are lots of factors and it’s totally understandable. If only we had another month of pre season friendlies.

its not a good situation and going into these high pressure games we are asking for trouble.

• Like 2

We have to remember stranger things have happened than us getting a result Monday night. Not that long ago we beat Liverpool at home with Ndidi and Amartey at CB. 

Hopefully they have had a good week to prepare and get focused. Just looking for commitment and them actually pulling together as a unit. No better place to finally click then when it matters.