Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Tottenham (H) - Mon 19 Aug 8pm - Pre-Match Thread

Just now, Asha said:

Maddison is one of the reasons we went down.

Always stupid to boo a player (it only motivates them ffs) but praying we don’t all rise up and salute him when he takes a corner either. 

To be fair I feel like Maddison is one of the few players who would crumble under booing lol

• Like 4

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

To be fair I feel like Maddison is one of the few players who would crumble under booing lol

Nah definitely not. Always raised his game when he got booed for us.

This is definitely the least bothered I’ve been for a new season in a looooooong time. Was trying to find things I’m actually looking forward to seeing.

Im excited to see what Fatawu can do at a higher level. I’m excited in a weird way that we’re back to being underdogs again.  I would like to see Alves given a chance in the Prem too. 

As for Spurs I expect a pretty comfortable loss although I think we have potential to hurt them on the break. 

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Nah definitely not. Always raised his game when he got booed for us.

Genuinely don't remember him ever getting booed to be honest, I'd imagine it'd be because he was on top form and annoying the opposition though. So it must have been in between August and October.

Either way, Maddison is the least of our worries

On the pretense that I think we are going to be getting a couple of signings over the line but it being too early to play them, I'm going to have a massively optimistic grin on throughout.  Not because I think we'll win, but I'll be able to dream about how big a change we're going to see.

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Genuinely don't remember him ever getting booed to be honest, I'd imagine it'd be because he was on top form and annoying the opposition though. So it must have been in between August and October.

Either way, Maddison is the least of our worries

Brentford and Newcastle fans really seemed to hate him.

They'll try and play. We may not be able to hit a barn door at the moment but they can be got at on the break. Their pace in the back line might be able to cover them a lot of the time but they're often criminally out of position if last season is anything to go by.

I'd snap anybody's hand off for an attritional 1-0.

16 minutes ago, Asha said:

Always stupid to boo an opposition player (it only motivates them ffs) but praying we don’t all rise up and salute him when he takes a corner either. 

Lets be real here, this fanbase is completely mental when it comes to attitude towards ex players. 

There was one season they booed Kante and Mahrez and applauded Demarai Gray. Totally backwards.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JimJams said:

On the pretense that I think we are going to be getting a couple of signings over the line but it being too early to play them, I'm going to have a massively optimistic grin on throughout.  Not because I think we'll win, but I'll be able to dream about how big a change we're going to see.

Grinning through it was what I grew up with being a city supporter. I’m starting to feel nostalgic.

Missing the matchday ritual more than I'm actually looking forward to anything on the pitch. The miserable preparations have made it seem far longer than usual since we last kicked a ball competitively.

I guess we enter this season with such low expectations that I'm going to be pleasantly surprised with any positives I see.

Going to be optimistic and say that we score a goal in a 1-3 defeat. IDGAF who scores it. :ph34r:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Asha said:

Always stupid to boo an opposition player (it only motivates them ffs) but praying we don’t all rise up and salute him when he takes a corner either. 

He's also the reason we weren't relegated in March. Also won an FA Cup and Community Shield here. I didn't say applaud him taking a corner. I said don't boo him, and it'd be absolutely pathetic if anyone did so, in my opinion.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Lets be real here, this fanbase is completely mental when it comes to attitude towards ex players. 

Ex players? This fanbase is deranged when it comes to attitude towards current players. 

It's a terrible opening fixture in its own right. Spurs the kings of performing with the pressure off, started exceptionally last season. Side full of players who love a goal against us as well, add in Maddison lol 

The links in the last few days are of slight more encouragement but this is a comfortable loss. 0-3.

59 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Very much looking forward to going Efes Mangal before the match

Might just stay there when I see the starting lineup announced

wanna get yourself down nawroz