Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Tottenham (H) - Mon 19 Aug 8pm - Pre-Match Thread

On 17/08/2024 at 22:16, StriderHiryu said:

Doesn't get much more optimistic than the average prediction being 4-0 to Spurs :ph34r:

We need the crowd to give the team some energy for this one!

Got to be realistic..... Vards will doubtfully make no more than 10 - 12 full games all season .... the club structure has not brought anyone through the ranks ... we never seem to get any deals over the line for a striker .... need to give Cannon a run in the team and find out if he can do a job or not .... remember when Vardy first joined ... took a while for h

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

There is a chance Spurs could bring their bottling plant with them here. If we get a draw I am happy. If we get a win, I will be extatic. If we lose by 1 I will be positive.

Losing by 1 will be as good as a win...

A draw and I'm celebrating 

A WIN and I'm getting parametric on a work night!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

From memory spurs are always strong at the start of the season, leading to the usual comical suggestions they will win the league. 2-0 loss written all over it, but who knows what can happen in 90 mins

• Like 1

Hoping the likes of Mavididi and Fatawu step up tonight and show both our fans and the millions watching that they are comfortable at this level.
If those 2 play well then we may get something from the game.

• Like 3

I love how sentiment in the weeks leading up to this is negative, it’s slowly turns positive in the couple of days leading up to the game, then it’ll quickly shift extremely negative and toxic again once the inevitable thrashing is handed out tonight 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kingpower said:

Hoping the likes of Mavididi and Fatawu step up tonight and show both our fans and the millions watching that they are comfortable at this level.
If those 2 play well then we may get something from the game.

I think this game will be decided by how often the defence prat around the back endlessly and Hamza calling for the ball without a clue what to do, then gives it away. 

If they decide to slow it down every time we win the ball back, Mav and Fatawu might as well take the night off. 

50 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Losing by 1 will be as good as a win...

A draw and I'm celebrating 

A WIN and I'm getting parametric on a work night!

paralytic maybe? or do you genuinely mean - "relating to the parameters of something (= a set of facts or a fixed limit that establishes or limits how something can or must happen or be done):"

5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

paralytic maybe? or do you genuinely mean - "relating to the parameters of something (= a set of facts or a fixed limit that establishes or limits how something can or must happen or be done):"

You try saying parametric when you're paralytic!

• Haha 1