Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Tottenham (H) - Mon 19 Aug 8pm - Pre-Match Thread

37 minutes ago, sdb said:

He's also the reason we weren't relegated in March. Also won an FA Cup and Community Shield here. I didn't say applaud him taking a corner. I said don't boo him, and it'd be absolutely pathetic if anyone did so, in my opinion.

Would it be more or less pathetic than his tweet after Southampton? Or his penalty against Everton? Or, on the whole, his performances when it genuinely mattered for us? 

He let us down badly in the second half of last season. He wasn't the only player to blame by any stretch of the imagination, but I would suggest it's more than fair for a lot of the fanbase to feel a sense of apathy towards him, and fair enough if they still associate him with how pathetic that team was in 2023. 

• Like 3

Normally newly promoted sides come up with momentum and excitement from being promoted. We have none of that , probably the opposite,  no new manager bounce expected here so a heavy defeat bekons I ve given my ticket away already. I detest Spurs so can't  face it . 

Edited by Gazza3
  • Like 3

Il be much more confident if / when we get the likes of Zaha & Hlozek but I don't expect either to feature against Tottenham.

With our current squad, I'm going for 4-0. We've absolutely 0 attacking threat / capability and the likes of Maddison, Son & Kulusevski are going to absolutely abuse our defence.

Hopefully we've got someone on standby to untangle Kristiansen once Brennan Johnsons finished with him.

Edited by adejo92

24 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Would it be more or less pathetic than his tweet after Southampton? Or his penalty against Everton? Or, on the whole, his performances when it genuinely mattered for us? 

He let us down badly in the second half of last season. He wasn't the only player to blame by any stretch of the imagination, but I would suggest it's more than fair for a lot of the fanbase to feel a sense of apathy towards him, and fair enough if they still associate him with how pathetic that team was in 2023. 

My god. We're still in an era where a missed penalty defines a player's 5 year career at a club. I forget shit like that sometimes.  

• Like 3

I still fully expect Harry Kane to score for Spurs against us, even though he currently plays for Bayern Munich.  

So... Kane to surprise everyone, not least Spurs, by bagging on 90 plus six to win it.

#uptodatepunditry

• Haha 4

Done a bit of digging on Spurs pre-season. They have conceded a lot of goals during pre-season. They haven't been able to play Romero and Van de Ven until second half of their last friendly. 

There are some areas we can really get at them but it means executing like we haven't done in pre-season. Their defensive line is shocking high, they can't defend set pieces and they are trying to get Vicario to pass out from the back (but Bissouma / Spence (whose been playing inverted LB)) keep fcuking it up. 

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

Lets be real here, this fanbase is completely mental when it comes to attitude towards ex players. 

There was one season they booed Kante and Mahrez and applauded Demarai Gray. Totally backwards.

How can you possibly boo someone like Kante???

6 minutes ago, JimJams said:

I watched the Spurs Bayern game and they were dogshit.  However they did score and it was Bayern.  So.. Erm.

I watched that game if you rated them as being dogshit based on that performance, I wonder what you thought of us against Lens? :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Haha remember when shambolic crisis Hull beat us 2-1 when we were defending champions

Always remember that game mainly for the duo bicycle kick for the 1st goal

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Very much looking forward to going Efes Mangal before the match

Might just stay there when I see the starting lineup announced

Your meal won’t be the only thing that’ll get grilled that day…

Edited by Fox42

16 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

I watched that game if you rated them as being dogshit based on that performance, I wonder what you thought of us against Lens? :ph34r:

Well spurs were like your standard sort of dog poo.  We were like the result of when a puppy eats another dogs shit and then spews it up on the pavement.  And then shits itself.

*Incidentally which of the 2 games vs Bayern did you watch?

Edited by JimJams
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Always remember that game mainly for the duo bicycle kick for the 1st goal

Norwegian fella whose name I can't remember Diomede or something (or maybe that's an island between Alaska and Russia)

14 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Well spurs were like your standard sort of dog poo.  We were like the result of when a puppy eats another dogs shit and then spews it up on the pavement.  And then shits itself.

*Incidentally which of the 2 games vs Bayern did you watch?

The game this past Saturday. I thought Spurs were okay, but they were probably overshadowed by Bayern being the much better team. Calling it "dogshit" seems a bit harsh, though. I think we're in for a hiding against them.