Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Tottenham (H) - Mon 19 Aug 8pm - Pre-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

I'm so up and down with links to many great sounding players and then silence that for the first time I don't care. I'll be there of course but my enthusiasm is waning. LCFC inspire me soon! 

By the way LCFC use my £500 season ticket money well.

I could see two scenarios, firstly that both sides are a bit lukewarm, not quite sharp yet and it’s a gritty deadlock, 0-0.

Or……Spurs’ cohesion, infinitely higher wage bill and transfer spend, a manager who has had a year to implement his ideas, the likes of Madison, Son, Solanke and Richarlison running at us for 90+ minutes…..it’ll be 0-4. I stop at 4 as I think they’ll make the full quota of subs to spread game time around and rest starters and lose a bit of momentum.

If we had got through those friendlies looking tighter than tight at the back I’d have some hope for option 1 still but they really aren’t giving us much to build a case upon. 
If we sign a CF, CM/AM and Zaha by then I’ll re-assess :dunno:.

Think it’ll be:-

Mads

Justin (I’d prefer Ricardo)

Faes

Koli

Kristiansen

Ndidi

Winks

Buonanotte AM

Fatawu RW

Mavididi (False 9)

DeCordova-Reid LW

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

A defence of Okoli and Faes is extremely scary. Vestergaard has to play whilst Coady is out.

With the high line Spurs play and press, it actually suits Jan more than sitting on the half way line. Id be playing a tight 343 that sits and tries to break at pace. Weve got Pace in abundance

7 minutes ago, ronnup said:

With the high line Spurs play and press, it actually suits Jan more than sitting on the half way line. Id be playing a tight 343 that sits and tries to break at pace. Weve got Pace in abundance

Pace and no one to pass it to them and no one who can finish but it’s a great outlet 😂😂

2 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Pace and no one to pass it to them and no one who can finish but it’s a great outlet 😂😂

Absolutely not true though is it? Winks is an excellent passer. As is Jannik, and Ricardo. We just need to get the ball to the right people on turnover and hit Stephi and Fats, and whoever the **** plays in the middle can just run about

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I am planning to go see this one at the pub - it will be my first sports visit since my stroke! (It seems if you have a brain bleed, the scars make you prone to seizures, so have spent months building myself up to groups- sadly had to stop going to the actual games due to this).

I hope the boys surprise me!

Glad you’re on the mend, fella 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronnup said:

Absolutely not true though is it? Winks is an excellent passer. As is Jannik, and Ricardo. We just need to get the ball to the right people on turnover and hit Stephi and Fats, and whoever the **** plays in the middle can just run about

So we have two defenders and one midfielder who you believe can pass the ball forward ? No guarantee he picks two of them!

My point here is that midfield is completely unprepared for the prem - balance in the team to pass forward is also under prepared - we have not scored a goal against Palermo, ausburg or lens and you think we have the right players - your deluded if you think without at least one if not two midfielders, a natural left back and attackers we will be completely blunt and then teams will pin us back and we do not have defenders who can keep a clean sheet !

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Yep, it's why if we don't have any other attacking options in by the next game I'd also start Daka. 

People may write him off, but if there was ever a game that would probably suit him, it'll be this one. 

Is Daka back already?

I thought he was possibly out for months?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

So we have two defenders and one midfielder who you believe can pass the ball forward ? No guarantee he picks two of them!

My point here is that midfield is completely unprepared for the prem - balance in the team to pass forward is also under prepared - we have not scored a goal against Palermo, ausburg or lens and you think we have the right players - your deluded if you think without at least one if not two midfielders, a natural left back and attackers we will be completely blunt and then teams will pin us back and we do not have defenders who can keep a clean sheet !

That was just practice 

You're talking about practice 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ward

Kristiansen

Okoli

Faes

Justin

Hamza

Soumare

Winks

Ndidi

Mavididi 

Reid

that's the sort of line up that strikes fear... into your own fan base. id turn round and head home if he lines up like that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Early red card for Romero , van de veen gets injured after 15 mins son and madders injured after 30 mins and then Richarlson sent off with Johnson injured after 45 mins and I think we scrape a draw 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Early red card for Romero , van de veen gets injured after 15 mins son and madders injured after 30 mins and then Richarlson sent off with Johnson injured after 45 mins and I think we scrape a draw 

and then....

waking-up-dan-levy.gif

• Haha 1