Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Tottenham (H) - Mon 19 Aug 8pm - Pre-Match Thread

2 hours ago, jv1 said:

We are absolutely bang in trouble aren’t we 

- Lost our manager and best player

- Transfer window a complete shambles 

- New gaffer looks like he has no idea what to do with what we have

- Already making same noises as Rodgers that he isn’t being supported with the tools to be successful 

- Pre season has been a joke performance wise 

- Points deduction incoming 

- Worse starting 11 than the team that limped to the championship win 

- Crap decisions on costs for fans

what a total complete and utter mess

image.thumb.jpeg.971d3dc78b8f788bebfd06c534b2a4a1.jpeg

• Haha 3

I think it will be closer than people think, we know from his time at Forest he can set his teams up to make them hard to beat at home and try and snatch something. Ange will have spurs playing high and with a lot of space in behind so it will be there for the likes of Fatawu and Mavididi to exploit on the counter. A number on here have seemingly written him off, and looking for the first excuse to verbalise frustrations at the club. Id rather turn that into making it hostile towards the spurs players and backing the lads, maybe I do this supporter thing a bit differently though.

Edited by LcFc_Smiv
  • Like 2

Not a lot has been said about Maddison returning. I don't think he deserves to booed but pretty sure that won't stop our fans doing it. Especially once he's gone down and won a few soft free kicks. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not a lot has been said about Maddison returning. I don't rhino he deserves to booed but pretty sure that won't stop our fans doing it. Especially once he's gone down and won a few soft free kicks. 

I couldn’t have much more disdain for him - he’s in the same camp as Fofana and Chilwell - people may disagree but in his final season when we were relegated there were games where it just passed him by and whilst I recognise he was one of a number and had injuries he could have worked a lot harder - lost count of the times players ran past him and he made little or no effort to get back.

Rant over - I am not sure I will forgive any of that squad as yes BR was an egotistical so and so but the players including those still with us can do one for me.

i would love us to get our dna back that made us successful hard working, competitive and fast on the break !

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not a lot has been said about Maddison returning. I don't think he deserves to booed but pretty sure that won't stop our fans doing it. Especially once he's gone down and won a few soft free kicks. 

I think we have to play our part and get on his back, weve seen it when Maguire has come back with Man Utd a bit of hostility goes a long way. I hold no negative feelings towards Maddison but I think you could mess with his mentality a little.

So are we stuck with the current squad? What's the date for signings to be available for Monday?

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

So are we stuck with the current squad? What's the date for signings to be available for Monday?

Tomorrow at 12 (midday of the last working day before the fixture), 24 hours to get something done.

Edit: as an example Man Utd and Fulham have until midday today.

Edited by LcFc_Smiv
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Tomorrow at 12 (midday of the last working day before the fixture), 24 hours to get something done.

Edit: as an example Man Utd and Fulham have until midday today.

I wonder how long it takes to get "Premier League approval" especially when we're their best mates.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

I wonder how long it takes to get "Premier League approval" especially when we're their best mates.

I can't imagine it would be a wise move with everything that's going on but I know F all about legal stuff.

18 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

**** Maddison the absolute pranny. Hope he has a torrid evening 

He'll have a great game. Because it's August, and he's the World Champion of football in August. Just a shame this game wasn't scheduled for next April/May because that's when his form usually drops off a cliff.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

**** Maddison the absolute pranny. Hope he has a torrid evening 

I hope they all do who return against us. I'll give Tielemens a clap because he's a cup final goalscorer, aside from that I couldn't care less about Maddison or Barnes or Castagne.

3 hours ago, Old Fox said:

I couldn’t have much more disdain for him - he’s in the same camp as Fofana and Chilwell - people may disagree but in his final season when we were relegated there were games where it just passed him by and whilst I recognise he was one of a number and had injuries he could have worked a lot harder - lost count of the times players ran past him and he made little or no effort to get back.

i dislike him more for leading the likes of barnes, thomas and kdh astray. also his fake nice guy act when he's really just out for himself. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I hope they all do who return against us. I'll give Tielemens a clap because he's a cup final goalscorer, aside from that I couldn't care less about Maddison or Barnes or Castagne.

Got a soft spot for Barnes but yeah I get you. I'll get pelters for saying it but Maddison downed tools as much as anyone the second half of that season yet for some reason he gets a pass from the majority 

• Like 1