Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Winstonthedog

DONKEYS

Really, in the last 10 years we’ve won the league, played in the Champions League 1/4 final and win the FA Cup.

I don’t think we’ve had to many actual donkeys in that time, certainly not compared to the years that went before the last 10.

We have however, had some talented footballers that have not applied them selfs, and/or severely lacked the motivation to go and do what they are capable of. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

will give you the others but Slimani's goal against Porto takes him out of that category. 

Slimani was such a weird one - he seemed amazing at first, and then was constantly injured. We would "get better" when Algeria named him, and then get injured while playing for his country.

If he had stayed healthy and was fit into a system, I think he might have excelled - but as it happened, he kinda earned the Donkey status.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

will give you the others but Slimani's goal against Porto takes him out of that category. 

His entire time here takes him out of that category. 

Entirely mismanaged and had one of the best goal to minute ratios at the club when he actually got game time, the amount of times we put on Slimani (the only man who could finish a cross) on the pitch and took off Albrighton (the only man who could put in a cross) was scandalous. 

Spent most of his time in Portugal as a goal poacher and was banging goals in for fun, signed for us and was told to drop deep all game. 

• Like 4

Musa and Slimani were utter crap. And we spent a lot of money on them.

At least Slimani could score the odd goal, but he really is the definition of a donkey. 

But Musa was Ali Dia level. What were we doing buying some clown from the Russian league? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

His entire time here takes him out of that category. 

Entirely mismanaged and had one of the best goal to minute ratios at the club when he actually got game time, the amount of times we put on Slimani (the only man who could finish a cross) on the pitch and took off Albrighton (the only man who could put in a cross) was scandalous. 

Spent most of his time in Portugal as a goal poacher and was banging goals in for fun, signed for us and was told to drop deep all game. 

Yeah I totally agree. We didn't use him right at all. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I'd go Ward/Bertrand/Soumare

I think the issue with Soumare is more mentality and the fact he's clearly just not settled here. A donkey doesn't get loans to Sevilla and Roma.

I think Musa would be my shout. Outside of a friendly and getting fouled by Hector Bellerin on debut he literally did nothing here and looked like a League 1 player.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I think this guy was the biggest Jackass. 

52667.jpg

I was so happy when we signed him. But a guy I knew in Scotland hated him - warned he only cared about himself and that he would have a good season or two and then destroy the atmosphere at the club. I should have believed him.

• Like 1

I liked Slimani but as others have said he wasn't the right fit. I remember him playing with Okazaki a couple of times and the partnership looking quite good. He's clearly a talented player.

I think Ward could be our worst signing ever to be honest. He's like the anti-Huth in that Huth was an under the radar signing that ended up changing the course of the club for the better, and Ward was also a very quiet and seemingly sensible bit of business but one that ended up ****ing us. Disastrous player. 

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1