Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Winstonthedog

DONKEYS

Bertrand was a good example of the club totally neglecting what had made us so successful. A money grabbing, selfish, injury prone joke who couldn't have cared less about the club. Soumare is a similar example, but at least looked to have potential.

Ward...with another keeper we'd have stayed up. I'll never understand how he was selected. Or even a professional footballer. Which I guess takes us to Rodgers, who I still often think may have actually accelerated the club's demise for his own good. He was good for a few years though! 

Got to be Ward. Responsible for a lot of goals in a season where we got relegated. It's not often I blame goalkeepers but I do think if we had a better goalkeeper (or even still Kasper) then we'd have stayed up. Some of his positioning and handling for some of the goals was atrocious. £12m (I think) plus a big wage. Waste of time and money.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sdb said:

Bertrand was a good example of the club totally neglecting what had made us so successful. A money grabbing, selfish, injury prone joke who couldn't have cared less about the club. Soumare is a similar example, but at least looked to have potential.

Ward...with another keeper we'd have stayed up. I'll never understand how he was selected. Or even a professional footballer. Which I guess takes us to Rodgers, who I still often think may have actually accelerated the club's demise for his own good. He was good for a few years though! 

Ward, why is he still there... obviously getting paid more to sit around than to go to another lower league club and actually play (well, attempt to play). As for Bertand.... dodgy deal that as he part owns the agency that Brendan's son worked at... sniffy that one!

44 minutes ago, sdb said:

Ward...with another keeper we'd have stayed up. I'll never understand how he was selected. Or even a professional footballer. 

Played in the World Cup! God has a plan for us all....

A loan rather than buy but Ryan Bennett, that performance away to Spurs in particular :jawdrop:

It seemed that if he needed to turn and change direction he had to stop and apply for planning permission from the council first. The Dog and Duck third team were missing a substitute as he was here with us trying to help us to qualify for Europe.

Bertrand for effort (lack of), one of his away games in Europe for every goal conceded he’s either not in the TV picture at all or just on the edge, walking, jogging, trying to play offside yards out of synch with the rest of the defence. Just looked so casual as if every game was a friendly or a testimonial.

Ward, still baffles me that someone on his money, elevated to being a premier league regular starter doesn’t have a grasp (even if he did he’d drop them) on the very basics of positioning, always showing the striker so much of the goal whilst offering secure covering of the side netting. He must have had it once but somehow the rudimental starting point of making it harder for the opponent to score eluded him and as if he was seeing double he covered some imaginary goal yards away from where the actual one was.

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

Musa and Slimani were utter crap. And we spent a lot of money on them.

At least Slimani could score the odd goal, but he really is the definition of a donkey. 

But Musa was Ali Dia level. What were we doing buying some clown from the Russian league? 

Silva, Perez, Soumare, Praet, Souttar, cannon, Benkovic the list goes on 

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

I think this guy was the biggest Jackass. 

52667.jpg

I'm an unhappy fan about him because he made the last 24 months about HIM - BUT.......

We won the FA CUP

Finished 5th twice

Played in Europe and reached the ECL Semi against Roma, he just cocked the last season up BUT

"The management" shouldn't have panicked when newspaper talk said Arsenal were interested in him early on and jacked him up to £8m/py & they should have sacked him BEFORE that international window so they could get a new manager in, the Bournemouth & Villa defeats were integral to us going down.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Silva, Perez, Soumare, Praet, Souttar, cannon, Benkovic the list goes on 

I think it's harsh to tar the likes of Perez, Cannon & Souttar with the same brush as people like Ryan Bennett, Danny Ward, Ryan Betrand & Musa.

I know he never set the world a light, but I never really minded Perez. Not sure I've seen enough of Cannon & Souttar to class them as Donkeys either.

Daka is borderline for me. I really don't like him at all but there's still that feeling that he's capable of something. Don't ask me where that feeling comes from, because he's been absolutely diabolical week in week out,  but there's just a feeling.

Edited by adejo92

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

will give you the others but Slimani's goal against Porto takes him out of that category. 

Yeah I tend to agree I used to enjoy watching him play scored a couple of brilliant headers on the end of marc albrighton headers too.

But when you think he cost 30 million and was probably on over 100k a week and the club has absolutely no idea how to utilise him and he left on a free. then if he wasn't one of the biggest donkeys of the last 10 years he has to be worth a shout for most disastrous signing.

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

Yeah I tend to agree I used to enjoy watching him play scored a couple of brilliant headers on the end of marc albrighton headers too.

But when you think he cost 30 million and was probably on over 100k a week and the club has absolutely no idea how to utilise him and he left on a free. then if he wasn't one of the biggest donkeys of the last 10 years he has to be worth a shout for most disastrous signing.

i think the underutilisation and letting him go on a free is more on the club than him to be honest. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Not sure I've seen enough of Cannon & Souttar to class them as Donkeys either.

I definitely wouldn’t class Cannon as a donkey. He’s 21. Has a great shot on him. Plenty of time to improve via a loan before coming back and showing his worth 👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Entirely mismanaged and had one of the best goal to minute ratios at the club when he actually got game time, the amount of times we put on Slimani (the only man who could finish a cross) on the pitch and took off Albrighton (the only man who could put in a cross) was scandalous. 

This was one of the most consistently bizarre decisions I’ve ever seen from a football manager.

It seemed like there was a plan (that was never obvious on the pitch) as it was done so often… but I was constantly scratching my head trying to find any logical explanation 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ward has done more direct damage to the club than probably any player over that period.

Worst pound for pound signing against their contribution would probably be Silva or Daka.

Honestly if relegation that season is as damaging as we all think it will be when looking back at this whole period. I.e going from one of the strongest and expensive squads outside the big 6 to back exactly where Leicester always were or god forbid worse -

Danny Ward has done more damage than any player in our history. Brendan keeping Ward in that long relegated us. There were many other failings like the utterly dreadful Tielemans but that's the one biggest reason.

Brendan Rodgers will rival Peter Taylor for most damage as a manager too. His successes won't save him from that. 

• Like 1